7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Are people really suprised a Woman slept her way to a better job and life? Like how is this suprising or such a big deal. And before feminists yell at me for being sexist, this happens all the time in regular jobs. Men would do it if we could but life just doesnt work that way.
    See that is sexist, and how often is "all of the time" literally every moment of every day? When and where does this happen? Is there any evidence to this claim? If this does happen how is it proof of anything other than a patriarchal business structure?

When in an industry run by men, fracking your way to the top is a pretty good strategy.

Are people mad at her for being smart?
    Or at the men for being dumb?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Instead I have little market sequels to play. Oh joy of joys upon seeing the 374th reiteration of that old classic endless runner that people used to make as a "my first flash game" and release onto the interwebs just for shits and giggles. Now I get to wade through an endless stream of them to find anything of even remote quality. Hooray.

And what's this? Another tower defense game with no new interesting features whatsoever? My my, Christmas came early this year.
    Yeah, life for you is horrible, you have TOO MANY GAMES TO CHECK OUT.
    Whatever will you do
    I'll give you the short version of my point here, since it seems to be lost on you: Mainstream games can be shit. Indie games can be shit. Mainstream games cost $60. Indies cost anywhere from 50 cents to $50. Indie games foster and encourage creativity, mainstream games.... don't.
    Indie games aren't bad, they aren't going anywhere, they are good for the industry as a whole and if you don't like it I suggest you stop looking at them and go back to Uncharted: Call of War Gear Duty.

Are people really suprised a Woman slept her way to a better job and life? Like how is this suprising or such a big deal. And before feminists yell at me for being sexist, this happens all the time in regular jobs. Men would do it if we could but life just doesnt work that way.
    Speak for yourself. :P
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Yeah, men totally do it Not sure why you think we don't...
    In fairness as far as sexual impropriety in work place goes I think men are more likely to abuse their position of power to sleep with someone than sleep their way to the top which does kind of go hand in hand with some women sleeping with their superiors to advance their careers. But you are correct that both sexes are capable of equally shitty behaviour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    When in an industry run by men, fracking your way to the top is a pretty good strategy.

Are people mad at her for being smart?
    Or at the men for being dumb?
    They're mad because not only did she fuck her way to the top, she managed to somehow get a bunch of people white knighting her.
    Also filing false DMCA charges to gt stuff she doesn't like taken down.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    No, you think it wasn't intentional or born from malice. It's unlikely but still entirely possible.
    True, but there are very few things that are truly not possible. I personally believe that no one would both make a personal and free game whilst simultaneously deliberately throwing victims of the same disease under the bus, especially premeditated.

Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    See that is sexist, and how often is "all of the time" literally every moment of every day? When and where does this happen? Is there any evidence to this claim? If this does happen how is it proof of anything other than a patriarchal business structure?
    Yes cus taking the term all the time literally means EVERY SECOND OF EVERY DAY. SO what if its sexist. Spend any time in a large business and you will see it happen. Fuck i watched it happen in the army, at fast food and even in World of Warcraft. there is proof of it all over.

All the time? That sounds purdy sexist, and it's not even the point of this. No one cares that she slept with anyone. The issue is that it seems like she tried to cover up what she did, and just shooting the point home that gaming journalism is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    They're mad because not only did she fuck her way to the top, she managed to somehow get a bunch of people white knighting her.
    Also filing false DMCA charges to gt stuff she doesn't like taken down.
    In order for her to fuck her way to the top, there had to be a lot of stupid guys above her.

If she managed to get people to white knight for her, then she has good PR skills.

Abusing the legal system to her advantage is what every major corporation in America does to get and stay on top.

Sounds like people are mad because she is better at life then they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    All the time? That sounds purdy sexist, and it's not even the point of this. No one cares that she slept with anyone. The issue is that it seems like she tried to cover up what she did, and just shooting the point home that gaming journalism is a joke.
    So what if its sexist if its true? Cry me a river after it keeps happening, Iv yet to work at a job where a woman didnt try and sleep here way to the top. And why is her covering it up suprising, that happens as well. What bubble world do you live in where this NEVER happens and its such a fucking shock to everyone. Join reality with the rest of us please.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I've seen people try to defend all manner of things but this is something new...
    Welcome to capitalism.

Winning is all that matters

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes cus taking the term all the time literally means EVERY SECOND OF EVERY DAY. SO what if its sexist. Spend any time in a large business and you will see it happen. Fuck i watched it happen in the army, at fast food and even in World of Warcraft. there is proof of it all over.
    There is 7 billion people on the planet I'd be surprised if anything doesn't happen every second of the day. That is hardly proof of it being common though. And I'm sure it does happen but the rate at which it happens is very small (seriously it takes two to tango, as far as I'm concerned the person promoting said women in exchange for sex are the only ones at fault).

In order for her to fuck her way to the top, there had to be a lot of stupid guys above her.

If she managed to get people to white knight for her, then she has good PR skills.

Abusing the legal system to her advantage is what every major corporation in America does to get and stay on top.

It's a bit more than that..., people are more upset over the things she supposedly did that didn't involve her alleged cheating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Then that would be the exact opposite of Feminism; which in part seeks to NOT have women seen as sub-humans. Defending Zoe Quinn because she is a "woman" being "attacked" (which is BS) is quite actually misogyny.

All of which I covered in the post you just quoted so no need to reiterate.
    So female privilege is in fact only thinly veiled misogyny? That's a pretty new spin on things. It's quite clearly misandry then if men make more money, right?

10+ Year Old Account

So you're condoning being a terrible shitty awful person if you get success? Annnnnnnnd that's what is wrong with the world.
    Ends don't justify the means.

I don't really care who somebody sleeps with nor what their motivations are. It's on the journalists to give ethical reviews, sex or not. The rest of it, who cares? People do shady things for work all the time.

Kind of impressed with 2 things. Nobody has sued her yet for her lack of mental health credentials. As an example: Just because you are crazy does not make you cleared to sell a game about being crazy, to help people deal with being crazy or try to understand what it's like to be that kind of crazy..
    Annnd Nobody has freaked out cause they have been triggered due to it's trying really hard to make you feel depressed to understand it

I really have been waiting for the Triggered QQ...
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    Are you implying that having male bosses is a sign of patriarchy or that them willing to sleep with subordinates is a sign?
    When I got out of the military I went to work at a local factory, worked hard learned all the jobs and received a temporary promotion when my supervisor had surgery on his leg. It became full time when he was going to be out longer then expected, a cushy semi promotion came open (ie less work slightly more pay for the job I used to do, which made up the majority of the factory workforce.) Granted I had guys coming up to offer me money, work on my car, a lot of stuff but I had probably 4 women I want to say (which was a minority of the females under me (26 I want to say)) make blatant sexual advances. I declined every one of them, a crappy worker in that spot created more work for me, but if your implying male bosses is a sign of patriarchy alone I will disagree, implying men who take advantage of their position is I will agree.

On topic, from what I've read, it seemed that the bashing and attacking of people was more so from her fans/followers then from her. But has journalistic integrity ever really been a thing among the gaming community outside maybe bloggers? Those who gave favorable reviews always got goodies, some goodies are more enjoyable then others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?