Hunter Glyphs: A Thread for Wishful Thinking

This thread is about Glyphs, both major and minor, that we wish Blizzard would introduce. I'll eventually send this thread for some of the developers via twitter, so maybe they read it and find some cool suggestions?

Someone once said to me that Hunters have really good Major Glyphs, but their Minor Glyphs are very few and not really exciting. As such, my suggestions are all Minor Glyphs (and, in one, asking them to move a Glyph from Major to Minor).

--------------------------------------------

First off, Glyph of Pathfinding should become a minor glyph. This glyph has almost no uses in combat, and can't compete with any other major Hunter glyphs. It's mostly about out-of-combat utility, thought it may be useful in BGs. Other classes have similarly useful minor glyphs (Compare Warlocks with Glyph of Unending Breath or Glyph of Nightmares, or Mage's Glyph of Momentum; the only other Glyph that is borderline in usefulness is Priest's Glyph of Levitate, which I think could also become a Minor Glyph).

And now for a few suggestions (notice that these are for WoD):

Glyph of Hunter's Mark: Arcane Shot and Aimed Shot leave a Hunter's Mark on its target for 10 seconds. (This effect is purely cosmetic.)

Glyph of Natural Camouflage: You get surrounded by leaves instead of becoming transparent while under Camouflage. (Uses the same effect that some camouflaged mobs use, like the stealthy Blackrock orcs in southern part of Redridge Mountains. Also makes you use the same sneaking animation while walking or idle as if you were under stealth, thought it doesn't grant stealth).

Glyph of the Packmaster: Teaches you the Call Pack ability. Call Pack summons all pets to follow you for 20s. Can only be used out of combat, and the extra pets disappear if you enter combat. 1 minute cooldown.

Glyph of Parrying: While under Deterrence, you wield a melee weapon from your main bag. If it's a one-hand weapon, you will dual-wield it. (Attacks avoided by your Deterrence cause you to do a parrying animation.)

Glyph of Ranger Squad: Your Stampede summons a group of four rangers from your race instead of extra pets (each ranger use some iconic race armor and melee weapon, and customization features like face, hair, sex and so are random). Note: Normally Blizzard doesn't make Glyphs for talents, but there's Glyph of Stampede already, and we don't know if it will remain now that Stampede is turning into a talent. If it remains, there's no reason for us to not have more glyphs based on talents.

Any other ideas?

The other night in Ulduar, my Dire Beast summoned a bunny. So if the glyph for Stampede remains now that it's a talent, I want a glyph for Dire Beast.
    Glyph of the Vicious Streak: Dire Beast now always summons the Darkmoon Bunny instead of a random wild beast.
    (It would still do everything a regular Dire Beast does, it would just appear using the Darkmoon Bunny skin and be labeled as "Darkmoon Bunny" instead of "Beast.")

Glyph of Fireworks should be changed to use the newer style flashy fireworks that were added with MoP, instead of the dim barely noticed old kind.
    Glyph of the Swarm: Deterrence now summons a thick swarm of locust to protect you instead of blades.
    Glyph of Munitions Swap: Fire: Auto Shots now appear as if they were on fire.
    Glyph of Munitions Swap: Lightning: Auto Shots now appear as bolts of lightning.
    Glyph of Munitions Swap: Shadow: Auto Shots now appear as if they were infused with shadowy energy.
    Glyph of Munitions Swap: Glacial: Auto Shots now appear as if they were infused with powerful icy magic.
    Glyph of Munitions Swap: Rainbows!: Auto Shots now leave small rainbow trails! Feel the magic!
    Glyph of Munitions Swap: Astral: Auto Shots now appear as small shooting stars. Make a wish!
    All minor glyphs. Munitions Swaps would be purely visual and still do physical damage.

I mostly want minor glyphs for shot appearance changes as you've probably noticed. But I'm quite liking the ones you suggested as well! (Mostly Packmaster <3)
    On the Glyph of Pathfinding, in my opinion it really just needs to be buffed to 20% mount speed increase. As it is now, out in the world, it doesn't really provide much benefit at all since it does not stack with the guild perk for 10% mount speed increase. Really wtb neat minors though. We have like the least interesting choices for minors atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Glyph of Druidic Call: Your Stampede summons a group of four druids from your faction instead of extra pets. In addition, Dire Beast summons a druid instead of a random beast. Minor Glyph

Glyph of the Predator: Your pet becomes bloody for a few seconds after dealing a critical strike. Minor Glyph

Glyph of Bestial Exchange: Grants you the ability Bestial Exchange - You and your pet exchange places, and remove all movement impairing effects. 30 yard range. 45s cooldown. Replaces Master's Call. (Requires Beast Mastery) Mutually exclusive with Master's Call. Major Glyph

Glyph of Bestial Oath: Roar of Sacrifice no longer transfers damage to the pet, and instead reduces damage taken by 20% when used on the hunter. Major Glyph

Glyph of Arcane Tranquilty: Tranquilizing Shot now does 40% weapon damage as Arcane in addtion to its other effects, but its focus cost is increased by 25%. Requires Marksmanship. Mutually exclusive with Glyph of Tranquilizing Shot. Major Glyph

Glyph of the Persistent Arrow: Black Arrow now triggers a full duration Black Arrow on the dispeller when dispelled. Additionally, it deals 50% extra damage when applied this way. Major Glyph.

Glyph of Re-engaging Disengage now causes the hunter to leap forward when cast instead of leaping backwards. Minor Glyph.

Glyph of Shared Fates: 15% of Healing and damage is now split between the Hunter and their pet. Damage taking either below 50% health cancels this effect for 20 seconds. Major Glyph

Glyph of Overpowering Wrath: Bestial Wrath now lasts until the pet is killed, but no longer triggers The Beast Within, and only increases damage by half as much. Mutually Exclusive with Endless Wrath. Disabled in Arena and battlegrounds.

Just a few random ideas.
    Last edited by Arcanimus; 2014-08-10 at 01:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Glyph of the Predator: Your pet becomes bloody for a few seconds after dealing a critical strike. Major Glyph
    Shouldn't this be minor? It does nothing except a visual effect.

Glyph of the Persistent Arrow: Black Arrow now triggers a full duration Black Arrow on the dispeller when dispelled. Additionally, it deals 50% extra damage when applied this way. Minor Glyph.
    And this looks too good to be a Minor Glyph. It should be major.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    *snip*
    Yes on both counts. Fixing.
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    Glyph of Mortar Team: Your Stampede is no longer pets but a Mortar team of Gnome/Goblin engineers. Marksmanship only.

Glyph of disengage: Your disengage now has 2 charges but is double cooldown.
    Last edited by mmoc0219df0da9; 2014-08-10 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xemik View Post
    Glyph of Munitions Swap: Rainbows!: Auto Shots now leave small rainbow trails! Feel the magic!
    Just no to this. too much brony related crud over the place already, keep it to the regular magic types and its a nice idea! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    All are minor glyphs:

Glyph of the Bazooka: Increases the size of your equipped gun.
    Glyph of the Gunslinger: Your equipped gun now appears to be duel wielded.
    Glyph of the Grenade Launcher: Your auto shots appear as grenades while equipping a gun.
    Glyph of the Predator: Camouflage no longer has a duration out of combat.

Great thread, made a blog post about it. Here's some more minor glyph ideas:

Glyph of Volley: Targets of your Multi-Shot are now hit with a volley of arrows from the sky. Minor Glyph.

Glyph of Loyalty: When you are slain in battle, your pet will remain at your side for a short time before fading away. If the pet has a /sit animation (like a wolf or cat), it will use it. Minor Glyph.

Glyph of Big Red Kitty: Your pet is permanently big, red, and angry (cosmetic). Beast Mastery only. Minor Glyph.

Glyph of Why Did It Have To Be Snakes?: Targets afflicted by your Serpent Sting now have a small snake nipping at their heels for the duration. Survival only. Minor Glyph.

Glyph of True Aim: You paint your target with a red laser while casting Aimed Shot. Marksmanship only. Minor Glyph.

Glyph of Tame Druid: Allows you to channel your Tame Beast spell on feral druids, both friendly and hostile. No actual taming happens. Minor Glyph.
    Last edited by BendakWoW; 2014-08-11 at 05:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of Toxic Synergy: Serpent Sting criticals extend the duration any existing Black Arrow effect cast by you by 3 seconds, but Serpent Sting can no longer multistrike. Major Glyph

Glyph of Shadowed Stalkers: Camouflage now also grants its effects to nearby friendly targets within 10 yards. Mutually Exclusive with Glyph of Camouflage.

Glyph of Blade Barrier: Teaches you the ability Blade Barrier - Reduce all damage taken by 60% for 8 seconds. Stores up to two charges. 2 minute recharge time. Replaces Deterrence. Recharge time is unaffected by Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera. Mutually exclusive with Glyph of Deterrence. Can be used with Mirrored Blades. Major Glyph.

Glyph of Explosive Powder: Flare now instantly reveals all stealthed targets in its range and prevents them from entering stealth or invisibility for 8 seconds, but no longer persists for 20 seconds, and instead fades instantly. Minor Glyph?

Glyph of Distracting Shot: Distracting Shot can now be used on friendly targets, causing them to face toward you and look confused. Minor Glyph

Glyph of Reloading: Only your Autoshot, Cobra Shot, Steady Shot, Focusing Shot, Aimed Shot, and Powershot trigger a firing animation, and performing one prevents others from being performed until it is finished. (Let us not look like a spaz) Minor Glyph.

Glyph of Vengeance: Teaches your pet the ability Vengeful Spirit: Rise as a vengeful spirit to resume the fight. After the foe is slain, the pet returns to its body to be with its master once more. Replaces Heart of the Phoenix. Minor Glyph(Functions exactly as Heart of the Phoenix, but leaves a "corpse" of your pet on the ground, and summons a spectral version of your active pet.)

Glyph of Masterful Tracking: Enemies revealed on the minimap by a hunter tracking ability also display a Hunter's Mark visual above their heads. Minor Glyph.

Glyph of Rhumba: Dire Beast now summons several snakes to attack instead of a single beast. Damage and focus gain is unchanged.
    *bro fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    Just no to this. too much brony related crud over the place already, keep it to the regular magic types and its a nice idea! :P
    I added that one cause I know there are people out there who would enjoy it, and honestly I'd find it funny to use in BGs. Because killing your enemy with rainbows would be a slap in the face lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BendakWoW View Post
    Glyph of Volley: Targets of your Multi-Shot are now hit with a volley of arrows from the sky. Minor Glyph.
    Glyph of Why Did It Have To Be Snakes?: Targets afflicted by your Serpent Sting now have a small snake nipping at their heels for the duration. Survival only. Minor Glyph.
    Glyph of True Aim: You paint your target with a red laser while casting Aimed Shot. Marksmanship only. Minor Glyph.
    Glyph of Tame Druid: Allows you to channel your Tame Beast spell on feral druids, both friendly and hostile. No actual taming happens. Minor Glyph.
    I like those! I've wanted a laser sight in some form, so a glyph giving it to Aimed Shot would be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

Deleted
    Glyph of the Shadowstalker: Camouflage is now passive. Fatal attacks makes you blend into your surroundings, avoiding the attack and also reduce damage you take by 90% for 3s. Cannot trigger more than once every 90 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=65357/rainbow-generator

Last edited by Bosen; 2014-08-21 at 11:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of Bear Blasting - Teaches you the ability Bear Blasting: Knock back target bear a large distance. Can be used on bear form druids, pets, and non-combat pets. Cannot be used in combat. Minor glyph.

Glyph of Volley - Barrage now uses the visual effect of Volley. Multishot now also causes a short rain of arrows. Minor Glyph

Glyph of Packbeast - Teaches you the ability Call Packbeast: Summon a packbeast for 1 min, allowing you bank access. 1 hour cooldown. Minor glyph.

Glyph of the Deadly Pack - Aspect of the Pack now has a 1 minute cooldown, but now increases movement speed by 60% for 8 seconds, no longer dazes when struck, and is no longer on the global cooldown. Major Glyph.

Glyph of Trapping - Your traps no longer trigger a cooldown until they are activated, but their cooldown is increased by 5 sec. Major Glyph.

Glyph of Napalm - Your Explosive Trap no longer puts a damage over time effect on targets in the area its' activated in, and instead leaves an area of flames on the ground.

Glyph of the Pyromaniac - Your Black Arrow becomes Immolation Arrow, your Arcane Shot becomes Flare Shot, and your Serpent Sting becomes Burning Blood. They all now deal Fire damage instead. Minor Glyph. Requires Survival Specialization.

Glyph of Vickery - Instead of abandoning your pets, you make them fight to the death with a nearby creature. You monster.
    *bro fist*

Glyph of Druid Taming - Teaches you the ability to tame druids. The tamed player follows the hunter for 5 seconds muttering oaths of adoration and fealty. Not usable in combat. Minor glyph.

Glyph of Disengage Master - When pressing disengage, the hunter yells "hey guys, watch this!" and aims the hunter's disengage towards the nearest cliff, if available. If cliff available, the player cheats death and appears beside player nearest to the cliff edge. Minor glyph.

Glyph of Fish Smell - All NPCs and players will smell the hunter and complain. Smell radius starts at 10y and grows larger as the hunter stands still. Minor glyph.

Glyph of With Friends Like These - Misdirect resets feign death cooldown and smart targets any AFK players in your raid or party, if a tank is not selected. Minor glyph.

Seriously, I don't want any useful raid glyphs. I just want something to help me be a better practical joker . I would use Glyph of With Friends Like These all the damned time.