Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Missing features & animations that belong on the new models

I'm trying to compile a list of features for the various races that are either strangely missing or though not part of the original models should be there.

They are higher fidelity models right? surely they are able to do a few extra features/animations that really should have been captured. You can also include emotes that are missing.
    e.g. Dwarf/human body hair was missing from the original model, but a higher fidelity model has shown a great detail, which I think was cool.

So there are some really cool stuff they really ought to add, either cos it's practical, or just part of you, looks better, cooler etc, is really part of the lore. I can only point out the ones I notice, so I'll start.

1. Night Elf Irises:
    • They have them visible according to the lore, and box art and fan art very often show them.
    • It was hard to see on the old models, but the new models can definitely hold the feature. I think they should add em, here's a pic of examples.

2.Troll Fur:
    I don't have examples of this, but Jungle trolls have fur according to the lore, and the old model looked like it had a poor attempt at it, but with the higher rez model, I'm not really noticing it, and I think

10+ Year Old Account
    Things that you wish they'd add, or like them to add, are not things which are 'missing'. They're things you wish they had done... topic title is a bit misleading in that regard.

As for that night elf model at the bottom right corner, the one with photoshopped eyes? I'd change my night elf hunter to a human or something if she looked like that. Horrible, IMO.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Things that you wish they'd add, or like them to add, are not things which are 'missing'. They're things you wish they had done... topic title is a bit misleading in that regard.
    If it's lore-based and present in all the artwork except in-game, then it's missing by definition.

As for that night elf model at the bottom right corner, the one with photoshopped eyes? I'd change my night elf hunter to a human or something if she looked like that. Horrible, IMO.
    And that would be fine but for those of us who liked Night Elves before WoW was a thing, it looks like the "real thing" and not a cop-out with the current eyeless models.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

For me, definitely male details like
    1. Body hair
    2. Adam's apples
    3. Crotch bulges

These go beyond the lore, it's biology, standard male feature normally absent because were use to our cgi's not having and usually tech is quite old, but you see them pop up all the time in trailer/adverts that use real life models. Lots of it in the new film coming on both Orcs and Human males, and if it's easy to add and not any real graphical task on the new models, I'd like to see them.

many fan edits around showing these on models, dwarves/human got some body hair options, i'd love that as an option for male toons.
    Adam's apples should be the standard rather than non-existent
    crotch bulges, yep. Here's a recent night elf edit comparing the new model with an added adam's apple and crotch bulge. Simple to do, and an improvement. artist has also given the musculature more definition.
    • The first (Top left) is by Teranee on the new model - showing an AA and bulge
    • the second (Top right) shows belly hair body hair addition using Fandral Staghelm, torso was a composite mix of models done by Arcane-Villain on the Nelf male
    • The Third (Bottom left) shows a different Adam's apple, chest hair example and body hair - done by Arcane villain - composite RL model, Illidan and malfurion mix for the torso, a night elf male head from other art.

Last edited by ravenmoon; 2014-08-25 at 12:41 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I realy like your idea about the night elf iris!

The thing for me is that it obviously would be cool to create Azshara kind of look with golden eyes, but that would ruin the idea of golden eyes being rare. That said, slightly less glowy and more detailed would be a cool thing.

Undead male:

Realy Like the undead male, but it has some bugged animation or slow reaction.
    Flaying casted from wrong hand or casting in general could have some tweaks. (Reaction feels slow not as fast paced like on the old model) Something I thought off is that I would love to see some longer hair for undead (see movie: The Ring)
    Tauren male:

Fix it's running animation, ..so this is more of once again a general problem of the models. characters feel realy bouncy like the pandaren model, which is neat and all but they should reduce that a bit and put some weight to it.
    Troll male:

Love it love it! still some issues. Once again the bouncy thing, arms flow a bit to much and running animation as well. (sprint animation isn't working currently) Would love to have the cloaks be a tad longer there while we are at it.
    I want facial hair for trolls to be a thing! Create it what ever it takes this needs to happen!

Huuuge plus to this model DREADLOCKS MOVE while casting/jumping etc! Angry bloodlusting faces are there as well
    Continued..
    Last edited by Alanar; 2014-08-25 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    1. Body hair
    2. Adam's apples
    3. Crotch bulges
    Don't make it weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Don't make it weird.
    I'm fairly sure the average male possesses all those characteristics lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    If the Draenei pass without fangs then dayum Blizz.

Talking about the female fangs.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'm fairly sure the average male possesses all those characteristics lol
    -agreed, I would like to see that stuff added too, surely it can't be difficult it's on every guy, it's what marks us male right?
    -I love the idea of irises on the night elves, they look better that way - also gives Draenei a pure glow that's different and if you take undead, they should have a different glow focus, like the iris glows yellow, not golden like the Nelf male, and you can see the white in the rest of the eye or even better or more decayed off white.
    -Blood elves you should see the iris even more clearly
    -Did they ever think of animating Draenei tentacles? that would look awesome right?
    -Oo..animate tauren and draenei tales too !! That could be cool - i like armored tailed draenei.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Don't make it weird.
    Body hair would be nice on all males, but I agree with you on the other two things lol.

Frozen faces can always melt.

Anyone thought draenei horns should be a little flexible? that would atually be a cool suprirse !
    wha t about animating elven ears more?

Also is it me or do draenei female cast a lot like human males?

10+ Year Old Account
    Missing animations?

they changed the human female ones for casting! It's horrible now!
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

In Lore, Draenei eyes, glow blue, not silver, I was a bit surprised they made the females a bit white..but i've noticed on the new models, a white shines from the eyes, but the irises are blue not white like the night elves' so it looks like they do have irises, it's faint, but it's there for the Draenei.

In Lore, Draenei eyes, glow blue, not silver, I was a bit surprised they made the females a bit white..but i've noticed on the new models, a white shines from the eyes, but the irises are blue not white like the night elves' so it looks like they do have irises, it's faint, but it's there for the Draenei.
    I don't know about Draenei, but for night elves the glow comes directly from the pupils, human pupils are black, but night elves' shine. The exception are the golden eyes. They seem to have a dark pupil, but the iris and eyeball are all golden, according to the picture depiction.

Undead eyes though, I think would be far creepier if they were missing, i think the yellow eyeball should be the exception rather than the norm, they should be dark or have a dark necrotic glow coming out.

I'm hoping it's just not finished (since a sprint animation doesn't exist currently and you just kind of float...) but the new male troll run is just gawd awful. Might as well whistle zippidy do da as you frolic into battle.

Deleted
    Mounted characters don't have matching animations as those on foot. It's minor, but if you have a long-haired human male (for ex), while running his ponytail is animated but on a mount his hair is totally static. It's a little bit jarring.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well this thread took all of 2 posts to end up exactly how I expected it would.

On the subject of what's missing, nothing. Everything is a 1:1 change, the only things not there are things that weren't there to begin with.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

OP if I could like your post I would.

I agree with the night elf eyes 100 percent. That bottom right corner edit is my fave of all time, and I wish blizzard would give nelf irises as the old models did have them.

10+ Year Old Account
    2. Adam's apples
    3. Crotch bulges
    I'm surprised. Seeing this has not gotten old yet. It's still hilarious. The models don't fucking need crotch bulges. You know why? Noticeable crotch bulges seldom exist in real life because most guys don't run around in leotards and biker shorts. This isn't a wrestling game. We're not running around in singlets. Holy shit. This is what your models are designed for - to be in real clothes, unless I guess you're proposing the models changed dynamically from bulge in undies to flattened in plate? A guy's junk would not protrude through plate, leather, and mail armor. Hell, even in khaki's you probably can't tell unless your pervin' hardcore and leaning your face down into a dude's junk like, 'o hai, i noticed your bulge.' If you really think a guy's junk would be visible through all that material, I don't know what to say. It's not happening unless you're Ron Jeremy at half-mast. Even then, it's a huge stretch. A big one. I really don't know why you have this bizarre fixation. And I'm not saying stop saying it, because I frankly get a laugh out of it pretty consistently, but holy shit. It had to be said.
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    Draenei females can't sheathe 2handers on back. When "sheated" the weapon looks like piercing the character's chest in a horizontal position.