Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvethirty View Post
    Go human if you dont like it
    That's cute. Do you happen to have a bunch of humans in a fantasy videogame?

- - - Updated - - -

Even still I'm upset about EMFH. I mean come on the devs aren't brain dead they must realize an essentially free DPS-trinket (or even a healer one) is a tremendous boon that only gets better as the expansion marches on. I don't want to play on the Alliance but if I were on the Alliance I would instantly race-change to human on my mage because of how tremendously overpowered EMFH is for a glass-cannon. To add insult to injury Blizzard nerfs WOTF, which is already half-worthless with the shared CD.

Well I hope you'll be happy Blizzard half of the 2.2k+ players this season are going to be rerolling Human chicks, that's going to be fun variety in game.

Not surprising.

I've spoken with alliance who argue it's not op. We all know it is.

Funny reading the complaints about EMFH when for years the Horde had by far the best Racials for pvp and even pve. Note I used the plural 'racialS'

It's not just horde though. I play alliance and I find abundance of humans annoying and boring if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Lol - All you 1200 bads not even realising that horde and most of the other Alliance racials are better than EMFH in PvP.
    Tell that to Mage/Rogue on use burst >.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Funny reading the complaints about EMFH when for years the Horde had by far the best Racials for pvp and even pve. Note I used the plural 'racialS'
    What time was this? Vanilla? In TBC both sides had gamebreaking racials like perception, wotf that could be used with trinket, etc.

EMFH has been by far the best racial for what, 3 expansions now, soon to be 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    I've been waiting years for this piece of shit op racial to be trashed, and yet it lives on.
    Everything blizz says its trying to achieve in pvp is just blown out of the water when you see that emfh still exsist. Heck, all of the alliance racials vastly favour pvp scenarios.
    What say you to all the horde who faction changed to horde for the superior pve racials? (BC-MOP)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    It's not just horde though. I play alliance and I find abundance of humans annoying and boring if nothing else.
    And the majority of Horde pop is sissy elfs because of pallys...
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    I'd love to go back to Undead, but I'll have to stay Human.

The nerf session for Will of the Forsaken hasn't come to an end yet, it goes on with every new expansion. Not even sure if I can recall all the nerfs:

- breaks some CC, 20 sec immunity
    - breaks some CC, 5 sec immunity
    - breaks some CC, no immunity

- breaks some CC, no immunity, partially shared CD with trinket
    - breaks some CC, no immunity, partially shared CD with trinket, increased cooldown to 3 min

Did I miss something? What's next? Maybe they could root the character for 5 seconds when WotF is used. Trading a full CC for an immobilizing effect sounds fair to me.
    Those 3 first lines were blatantly overpowered so i dont see the reason to cry about those nerfs.

However i agree with it being overnerfed in WoD compared to pretty much all the alliance racials.
    Atleast the male forsaken is still the coolest race in the game? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Tell that to Mage/Rogue on use burst >.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Indeed. If anything humans will be even more favorable in WoD due to the removal of Synapse Springs for non humans lol.

I actually wouldn't mind it if they decided to nerf the shit out of EMFH. That would mean I could finally fulfill my dream of becoming a gnome female everything without feeling like I'm holding my partners down

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Indeed. If anything humans will be even more favorable in WoD due to the removal of Synapse Springs for non humans lol.

I actually wouldn't mind it if they decided to nerf the shit out of EMFH. That would mean I could finally fulfill my dream of becoming a gnome female everything without feeling like I'm holding my partners down
    Its weird that they realized its stupid for professions to be as important as they are in MoP for pvp but leave
    racials being as fkn dumb as they still are. Is this a classic example of blizz not admitting they are wrong and
    just going with it no matter what the customer says!?

I play human mainly (not for the racial but because I just like them, same reason I play undead as horde, they are closest to human) and the racial is very OP compared to the rest. It grants the following for my class:

+1906 PvP Power
    +4765 Int on use
    +crit rating during on use int buff

All for the cost of a permanent 1905 Crit rating? I would say that is easily worth just being human on some classes.

I don't know any other race that gains all those benefits on ONE racial. Simply because of a racial humans burst is a good chunk higher in PvP than most other races. For casters anyway the extra on use int with a CD is a solid reason alone to play Human than anything else.

TBH the actual racial isn't OP it is what the racial provides that is OP. If they redone the trinkets so there was no PvP Power difference between taking 2 DPS trinkets and a DPS/Freedom trinket it would make the racial alot more balanced. Doing so would mean humans trade some crit rating for more int. I think that would make the racial alot more balanced.

What i do in a situation like this is;

play my dwarf cause he awesome, who gives a shit about 1 racial being strong?

Why not just play what you enjoy playing? Even if a racial is powerful, is it really worth playing something you don't enjoy?

There are better choices than Pandaren for a Monk Tank, but I play it because I like it. This is coming from a Hardcore Mythic Raider.

So despite all these complaints the vast majority of the PvP community plays horde. It can't be that bad.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Why not just play what you enjoy playing? Even if a racial is powerful, is it really worth playing something you don't enjoy?

There are better choices than Pandaren for a Monk Tank, but I play it because I like it. This is coming from a Hardcore Mythic Raider.
    Because some people do care aboit minmaxing?

And racials matter much much more in pvp than pve.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    and wotf was nerfed, nerfed, nerfed and once again is nerfed into a 3min cd. And yet emfh has been a problem since wrath.

As someone who is about to switch his Monk from Forsaken to Human I feel like I'm taking a nerf.

While Human does put out more damage the loss of wotf is huge and even with a 3m cd in WoD it's still a very strong racial. You break fears, charms, and sleep which counters warlock, priest, hunter, and warrior and afterwards you only have to wait 30sec for your regular trinket, its ridiculous how strong a racial like that is. My ud is incredibly slippery but when I go human I'm going to lose those windows to deal damage/run just for a bit more damage overall.

The way I see it while the damage is going to be better overall, it doesn't mean shit if you're getting CC'd and can't actually deal the damage or run away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Borfl View Post
    As someone who is about to switch his Monk from Forsaken to Human I feel like I'm taking a nerf.

While Human does put out more damage the loss of wotf is huge and even with a 3m cd in WoD it's still a very strong racial. You break fears, charms, and sleep which counters warlock, priest, hunter, and warrior and afterwards you only have to wait 30sec for your regular trinket, its ridiculous how strong a racial like that is. My ud is incredibly slippery but when I go human I'm going to lose those windows to deal damage/run just for a bit more damage overall.

The way I see it while the damage is going to be better overall, it doesn't mean shit if you're getting CC'd and can't actually deal the damage or run away.
    Top 1000 rated pvpers faction representation region wise:

EU: Alliance: 4079/4935 Horde: 856/4935

US: Alliance: 1717/4984 Horde 3267/4984

Alliance: 5796/9919 ~58%
    Horde: 4123/9919 ~42%

It seems that Alliance is dominating in EU while Horde is dominating in US. The difference overall altho is in favor of Alliance.

Do with those stats as you will. Come WoD i predict the Alliance numbers growing. Thats just my take on it.
    Last edited by mmoc9aa38bccdb; 2014-09-24 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post

High-end raiding and high-end PVP are two entirely different animals. If you've ever been in a high-ranked game you'll realize the window for a win often comes down to a few seconds where all it could take is an extra 5% damage or breaking a fear. If you can't beat the enrage timer on a boss by a few seconds, racials matter a little but it will come down to RNG dps procs and what not, but in any case you'll have it next week when your raid has more gear. It'll be the same issue for PvP no matter what though. By choosing an inferior race for your spec in PVE you really aren't hurting your team you just aren't improving it. In PvP on the other hand you're REALLY holding yourself back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borfl View Post
    Quite frankly I felt the same when I went from undead to human on my monk and it's because undead are about equally as strong as humans are BECAUSE of the extra fear break, which in a meta where fear is ridiculously OP, is insane. Even with monks having nimble, the second fear break makes matters a ton simply because of monk's playstyle.

Then again, a human monk will be able to burst more frequently when they're out of CC, ESPECIALLY when they're using engineering and tailoring, which grants human monks -insane- burst compared to non-human monks.

Quite frankly they wouldn't even HAVE to nerf EMFH. All they have to do is nerf either the proc trinket or buff the on use trinket. By nerfing/buffing them they balance out the DPS trinkets which would make it less of a penalty for non-human PvPers to not having both.

I still do hope they will replace EMFH with something else though. I just want to play a gnome without feeling like I'm holding back my partners