Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    What the fuck is this? This is barbaric man.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconquista

That is 780 years of War lead by Christian Spain to retake the Iberian peninsula from the Moors. I'm not Spanish, but I only really discovered it's full history when I moved to Spain. If you travel the country today you can still see the profound effects of that period. It's an awesome piece of history.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2014-08-27 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

That is 780 years of War lead by Christian Spain to retake the Iberian peninsula from the Moors. I'm not Spanish, but I only really discovered it's full history when I moved to Spain. If you travel the country today you can still see the profound effects of that period. It's an awesome piece of history.
    it is a fucked up piece of history.

Deleted

That is actually in southern Portugal, 90% of portugal and spain was under Islam until the nobles and warchiefs banded together to push them into the fucking ocean !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    That is actually in southern Portugal, 90% of portugal and spain was under Islam until the nobles and warchiefs banded together to push them into the fucking ocean !!!!!!!
    Well at the period I am talking about Spain/Portugal were somewhat interchangeable terms. Portugal was just one of the number of Christian kingdoms engaged in the Reconquista.

And it didn't exactly happen like that. It was a rather slow and painful process that took almost 8 centuries to complete. Again volumes can be written on the process itself and volumes more on its long term cultural influences.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2014-08-27 at 12:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskom View Post
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...orce-base.html

So, they have their own air force base now. Does this mean they could amass an operational air force and launch an air bombardment campaign against Europe at some point?

This just keeps getting scarier.
    I'd love to see them try. They wouldn't even get close to any protected airspace without getting blown out of the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    The fuck, that much for a construction engineer? Just doing a job search for here in the UK even as a senior construction engineer, you'll be lucky to be paid 4600 euro a month. Money is in the other types of engineering!
    It is pretty good pay in SA, my uncle did a few years with Skanska(Swedish construction company) as an construction engineer in SA, in the early 80s. He got some "interesting" stories to boot!

He got "office duty" eventually for giving a bunch of beduins a lift in his pick up truck though, you couldn't give people a lift back then apparently. Office duty and him goes as well as a starved lion and a thompson gazelle in the same cage. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    They will get terminated by Bashar soon, dont worry.

Glad to hear positive news btw, two people from Sweden died there. Atleast its better than them moving back to Sweden to behead me for not being religious. Pathetic countries cant even defend their citizens and ban these guys from coming back.
    According to SÄPO arround 20 have been killed(out of the 80 that has gone to Syria). Per Gudmundson from Svenska Dagbladet(big broadsheet morning newspaper) runs a good blog following it and tracking shit down.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    If they touch Europe then they will get crushed hard.
    Just like the US smashed the vietcongs??
    Or perhaps like my own country smashed his e-colony guerrilhas??
    If you haven't noticed, none of the things above descrived ever happened. The US had to leave Vietnam, and Portugal had to recognise his colonies independence.

I only pray to the european/american secret services to start working on this issue fast... IF YOU LISTENING ME NSA; THIS IS A GOOD TIME TO START DOING IT RIGHT.

With so many extremists joining them, my biggest concern, as i've stated above, is somekind of guerrilha war... The good news is that they wouldn't able to set control on large territories here in Europe the same way they do it in Syria/Iraq.

Well at the period I am talking about Spain/Portugal were somewhat interchangeable terms. Portugal was just one of the number of Christian kingdoms engaged in the Reconquista.

And it didn't exactly happen like that. It was a rather slow and painful process that took almost 8 centuries to complete. Again volumes can be written on the process itself and volumes more on its long term cultural influences.
    The Reconquista started just a few years after the Visigoth/Suebic exiled themselves in the nowadays area of spanish Asturias. The Moors invaded the peninsula in the year 711, the first mencion of what would be later Portugal is from the year 860 (not as Portugal, but has County of Portucale). In Portugal the Reconquista was finished in the XIV century, in the Kingdom of Afonso III of Portugal, with the conquer of the Algarve.

In Spain it taked almost 200 years more.
    Last edited by Tuor; 2014-08-27 at 01:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    If you haven't noticed, none of the things above descrived ever happened. The US had to leave Vietnam, and Portugal had to recognise his colonies independence.

I only pray to the european/american secret services to start working on this issue fast... IF YOU LISTENING ME NSA; THIS IS A GOOD TIME TO START DOING IT RIGHT.

With so many extremists joining them, my biggest concern, as i've stated above, is somekind of guerrilha war... The good news is that they wouldn't able to set control on large territories here in Europe the same way they do it in Syria/Iraq.
    lol if they would attack europe they would be in deep shit since it would almost certainly give immediate control to the extreme right-wing parties and any muslim in europe would be at danger even if theyre not extremists

People overhype these terrorist nutbags way too much. They successfully defeated some shit forces in war torn countries in their home (Sunni) territory. Where are they going to go to be able to threaten Europe? North into Turkey, east into Iran, west into Israel or south into Saudi Arabia? They can't take on those nations, let alone their trigger happy ally.. (for three at least)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cradyz View Post
    People overhype these terrorist nutbags way too much. They successfully defeated some shit forces in war torn countries in their home (Sunni) territory. Where are they going to go to be able to threaten Europe? North into Turkey, east into Iran, west into Israel or south into Saudi Arabia? They can't take on those nations, let alone their trigger happy ally.. (for three at least)
    Today they have executed hundreds of Syrian soldiers. Keep in mind that Syria has one of the strongest militaries in the region.

ISIS is beginning to look more and more like a professional, well-trained, well-equipped modern army than a bunch of bearded terrorists riding around on pickup trucks and shouting stuff about a Taco & Beer Snackbar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskom View Post
    Today they have executed hundreds of Syrian soldiers. Keep in mind that Syria has one of the strongest militaries in the region.

ISIS is beginning to look more and more like a professional, well-trained, well-equipped modern army than a bunch of bearded terrorists riding around on pickup trucks and shouting stuff about a Taco & Beer Snackbar.
    Here's a news article of the incident he's describing:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28965959

Still, Syria might have a strong army for the region but that's still weak compared to Europe. Syria is also involved in a hell of a lot of fighting right now, a concentrated attack or defence isn't quite possible. These guys still appear to have less technology and vehicles than the Ukraine rebels do and Kiev is doing alright on that front. They've got a way to go yet.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every 400 or so years you need to enact a Crusade to remind the Radicals that the oppression of the Abbasid Caliphate and the slaughter that Abdullah enacted on the Umayyad Caliphate will not be permitted. All Caliphates must be dismantled on a 0 tolerance policy. Once enough of their turbans are re-purposed to bandages, they get it and shut up for a few hundred years.

Edit: Just realized Umayyad could double as the greatest troll on ISIS ever.

Umayyad bro?
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2014-08-28 at 08:14 PM.

Deleted
    Obama admits US administration is at a loss on how to stop ISIS:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...isis-in-syria/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Tell me what European country offers about 8000 euro/month for a construction engineer.
    Where can you earn that much in Saudi Arabia? Do you have a link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Insurgencies do well because they have the support of the indigenous population. If they attack America or Europe, they won't have the support of the people. The average police force will be able to beat them. You wouldn't even need the military.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    it is a fucked up piece of history.
    oh boo hoo. Humanity would have never made it this far without people like this keeping other people in check. Just imagine if the crusades never happened. Those people would have wiped each other of the face of the planet.

BTW, it would be very easy to cripple ISIS: bomb the oil facilities they've conquered.

Longer term, getting the world off petroleum should be of enormous strategic interest to the west, for multiple reasons.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

If they even get close we'll catch them in our shit traps and then a shit blizzard will ensue which is take those shit hawks down.

Deleted
    Israel releases video that seems to be aimed at ISIS. Arabic text at the ending reads 'Ready for anyone!'.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qffTfpwNA3Q

At least someone is taking this threat seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are already in Europe.

Many of those fighters are Europeans, so in a way they are certainly already in Europe, why do you think the UK just raised the terrorist level? Will there be fights like the ones in Iraq? Nope, but I bet some terrorist attacks will happen.