Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb If you haven't tried Warframe in a while...

You should.

This is pretty much the best thing I have heard in a while.

New game modes always make me so happy.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

If I can access it no my low level account, I'll be happy. If not, I'll continue to let the game sit there, unplayed : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If I can access it no my low level account, I'll be happy. If not, I'll continue to let the game sit there, unplayed : /
    What's keeping your account low level? Mastery ranks up very quickly.

bleh i think i played for a bit but i got to a mission that simply wouldn't progress so i ran around it for about 2 hrs nope, no progress, went back to the lobby tried it again, same thing, me and 2 guys running back and forth across the map trying to make it progress, after wasting about 4 hrs pissing around trying to get a map to actually do something i haven't played it since.

i remember the marker being in a room with some sort of machinery, we were jumping all over the freaking thing nothing. trying to wall jump up on top of it, under it, in the previous room back to the start. bah felt broke to me. it was only one of the early missions aswell maybe the 3rd or 4th.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2014-08-25 at 02:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sunk over 200 hours into beta, lol. I went back for like 10 minutes a few months ago and it was so different so I didn't play but I'll probably go back at some point. It looked pretty awesome, it's cool that it got pretty popular. I used to have a desktop alert for when good rewards were available, lol.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    What's keeping your account low level? Mastery ranks up very quickly.
    Lack of time/desire to play the existing game. However this seems pretty radical.

Meh doesn't strike my fancy. It got dull after awhile. Only at 100hours, but I have a ton of stuff. Far to hard to level and re level everything over and over again. I may pick it up, but that wing thing doesn't really seem like a fun thing. The thing that drives me nuts the most is the lack of any story, the conflicting information that is given, and the unwillingness to take a few mins to write out a story. Not usually a lore person, but the story behind warframe could be awesome.

Probably gotta either A. Buy it with real money or B. Play an insane amount of time to unlock the cheap version of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Not usually a lore person, but the story behind warframe could be awesome.

The story behind Warframe is something you are suppose to piece together through the Codex system.
    It's part of the game play, not laziness

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Probably gotta either A. Buy it with real money or B. Play an insane amount of time to unlock the cheap version of them.
    >_>

None of the items in Warframe work like that.

I used to love Zone of Enders as a kid. If they could capture that I'd give it a shot, but I have my doubts an online game could handle that fluidly.

The story behind Warframe is something you are suppose to piece together through the Codex system.
    It's part of the game, not laziness
    Nope. Any story in the codex is it. Anything you do to "piece it together" or create some form of a story with any level of certainty or details is purely speculation. I have tried, trust me. It drove me nuts that such a neat game just had nothing there as far as a solid story. Anything in the lore text is canon. Anything you assume or attempt to piece together, is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    i remember the marker being in a room with some sort of machinery, we were jumping all over the freaking thing nothing. trying to wall jump up on top of it, under it, in the previous room back to the start. bah felt broke to me. it was only one of the early missions aswell maybe the 3rd or 4th.
    You were suppose to shoot the mining equipment.

Were you playing with sound off? Lotus keeps nagging you about how you have to blow it up the whole mission.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Nope. Any story in the codex is it. Anything you do to "piece it together" or create some form of a story with any level of certainty or details is purely speculation. I have tried, trust me. It drove me nuts that such a neat game just had nothing there as far as a solid story. Anything in the lore text is canon. Anything you assume or attempt to piece together, is not.
    That's an extremely narrow definition of narrative.

The codex system is intended to create discussion, speculation, ect.
    There is a story there, the exact details may differ depending on perspective but it is there.

That's an extremely narrow definition of narrative.

The codex system is intended to create discussion, speculation, ect.
    There is a story there, the exact details may differ depending on perspective but it is there.
    That isn't narrow by any means. Cannon = actual story. Non cannon = what we speculate. As you admitted, the details differ depending on perspective. IE what they think happened. That is not the same as writing a story. What they think may be right, or wrong. We don't and wont know until someone sits down for a few mins and cranks out a short story. Wouldn't be hard.

Those videos display that point nicely. The wiki for orokin says there is no information about their technology. However, what we do know is that virus was Not their trump card, the warframes they created were. That and the infestation also does infect machines. The wiki for tenno confirms that after the Sentients had won, they turned to the void. Not a virus. They created the warframes for those who returned from the void and had gained powers.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2014-08-25 at 02:50 AM.

You were suppose to shoot the mining equipment.

Were you playing with sound off? Lotus keeps nagging you about how you have to blow it up the whole mission.
    its a little vague to me now since it was quite a while ago when i played, im sure ill install it again and give it another shot at some point but yes i think we did shoot around, i do sort of remember the mission having some buttons you had to press, kinda like poles maybe with a red light on them, where i got to the marker dead ended in a room with a small space ship i guess it was just static world detail thing it was up near the roof of the room too thats what we were jumping on, i'm pretty sure i blasted around that room trying to see if we did have to shoot something.. anyway next time i play ill see if i can figure it out. i was sorta surprised that the ppl that I joined were also stumped at wtf you had to actually do. i did actually enjoy the game i don't think it was me getting stuck that stopped me playing it sorta just got benched for some other game i had lined up.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2014-08-25 at 03:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried warframe awhile ago but I disliked it greatly because of how extremely clunky the parkouring was. Besides that I dislike the over the shoulder type of view and the game felt rather repetitive...

I really did like the concept though, so unless they fixed the clunkiness of the movement I'll give it another shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    I tried warframe awhile ago but I disliked it greatly because of how extremely clunky the parkouring was. Besides that I dislike the over the shoulder type of view and the game felt rather repetitive...

I really did like the concept though, so unless they fixed the clunkiness of the movement I'll give it another shot.
    Personally, I found the clunkiness goes away with enough /played.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    , kinda like poles maybe with a red light on them
    You might be describing a ship reactor. You are suppose to shoot the little poles extending from the core. Those are cooling rods and it causes the reactor to go into melt down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    I used to love Zone of Enders as a kid. If they could capture that I'd give it a shot, but I have my doubts an online game could handle that fluidly.
    If they could make an MMO out of that, all my money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Motherfuckin amazeballs. I might have to clean the dust on my install. Haven't played since they did update 13.

I want a corgi skin for my kurubaru thingy.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I tried it out last week, didn't touched it since christmass last year, holy macarena, so much has changed. I love the story missions at the start, sadly, after few missions it ended.

I really like "your own ship" and it design, definitely gonna play more.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*