Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Sylvanas threw ALL of her trust behind the Val'Kyr, who served Arthas. Think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    No one is saying Arthas is coming back... the Lich King could make a return though, since Arthas was never truly the Lich King, it was the helmet with the voice of Ner'zhul in it... that is now resting on Bolvar's head. Come on now.
    Ner'zhul died with frostmourne on the day that we killed Arthas. It's just Bolvar in the helmet now, controlling the undead army. I could see him becoming corrupt through years of madness just sitting up there, but it won't be from Ner'zhul

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Arthas is NOT clearly dead anymore.

Sylvanas died and met Arthas' soul in the afterlife. We saw Sylvanas made some sort of pact with the Val'Kyr to return to life. The Val'Kyr served Arthas. The Val'Kyr made promises to Sylvanas and asserted that they now served her instead of Arthas, but she has absolutely NO way of knowing if they were 100% truthful with her. Its entirely possible that Sylvanas' return to the world of living has somehow either brought Arthas along with her (without her knowing), or opened a link from where Arthas currently is to the world of the living, for Arthas to also later return.

In short, Sylvanas in her emotional state may have been tricked by the Val'Kyr into bringing back Arthas and he may be in hiding. It is even possible that Sylvanas is still dead, and the Val'Kyr tricked Sylvanas into bringing back Arthas in Sylvanas' body. That would explain "her" control over the Val'Kyr.

We don't really know the mechanics of what happened to bring back Sylvanas. All we know is what the Val'Kyr said, which may or may not be truth.
    It wouldn't be the first time when a former villain has returned from the dead. Medivh himself came back to aid the world against the Burning Legion. Maybe Arthas could do something like that as well; returning in either physical or ghostly form, in an attempt to redeem himself and to repair some of the damage he had caused.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    since Arthas was never truly the Lich King, it was the helmet with the voice of Ner'zhul in it... that is now resting on Bolvar's head. Come on now.
    Why does everyone get this wrong? Did everyone stop reading the lore after "Now we are one"? Arthas consumed Ner'zhul and it became only Arthas. Source? I don't know why I need one but sure: http://wowpedia.org/Arthas_Menethil

Except that Uther, who I daresay has a better grasp on the situation since he's actually been inside Frostmourne, suggests that it's the other way around, in newer, in-game lore that supercedes the Golden novel. "No, girl. Arthas is not here. Arthas is merely a presence within the Lich King's mind -- a dwindling presence."
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jake H View Post
    Ner'zhul died with frostmourne on the day that we killed Arthas. It's just Bolvar in the helmet now, controlling the undead army. I could see him becoming corrupt through years of madness just sitting up there, but it won't be from Ner'zhul
    actually ner'zhul died long before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Except that Uther, who I daresay has a better grasp on the situation since he's actually been inside Frostmourne, suggests that it's the other way around, in newer, in-game lore that supercedes the Golden novel. "No, girl. Arthas is not here. Arthas is merely a presence within the Lich King's mind -- a dwindling presence."
    That still doesn't imply Ner'zhul is there either. Sounds more like Lich King is a combination of Arthas and Ner'zhul, neither are present anymore, there is only the Lich King.

Wrath of the Lich King 2.0 War of the Spider

The Infinites are trying to disrupt events that lead to the Lich Kings rise. Under the guidence of Kel'Thuzad join the cult of the Damned the ensure the timelines remain safe. Purge the Spider Kingdom of Azjol'Nerub and Show their King Anub'Arak that everyone will ultimately serve the the one true king...

- - - Updated - - -

I would buy it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    I think the Ebon Blade is grasping at straws. Especially since ths Ner'zhul never consorted with the Burning Legion. They'd have much more luck if they started hunting down demons, and trying to learn how the armour of the Lich King was crafted instead. It is the armour that held Ner'zhul's soul afterall.
    Nevermind that Kil'Jaeden created the Frozen Throne that is the Lich Kings seat of power. Not Ner'zhul or the Lich king himself.
    Ner'zhul's spirit was placed within a specially crafted block of diamond-hard ice gathered from the far reaches of the Twisting Nether. Encased within the frozen cask, Ner'zhul felt his consciousness expand ten thousand fold. Warped by the demon's chaotic powers, Ner'zhul became a spectral being of unfathomable power. At that moment, the orc known as Ner'zhul was shattered forever, and the Lich King was born.[2][3]
    When Kil'jaeden cast Ner'zhul's icy cask back into the world of Azeroth, the hardened crystal streaked across the night sky and smashed into the desolate arctic continent of Northrend, burying itself deep within the Icecrown glacier. The frozen crystal, warped and scarred by its violent descent, came to resemble a throne, and Ner'zhul's vengeful spirit soon stirred within it. From the confines of the Frozen Throne, Ner'zhul began to reach out his vast consciousness and touch the minds of Northrend's native inhabitants.[4][5]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Thalassian and his belf boyfriend
    ...Thalassian is the blood elf language. You mean Thassarian? I never thought of them as more than friends... Hm. Explains a lot though. They would make a cute couple. Literally everything stands in their way, gender, faction... even death. And yet... Hah.

I wonder if we'll see more of them in this emerging DK storyline.

Also looking further into the Lich Kings toys. It was never merging with Ner'zhul that granted Arthas power it was simply the tools of the Lich king Crafted by the Legion.
    The Helm of Domination (or simply the helm of the Lich King)[1] was crafted by demons, both to hold the spirit of Ner'zhul and grant him his Lich King powers. The helm, which helps command undead and others, plus the Plate of the Damned, which makes the wearer nearly invulnerable, were bonded to Ner'zhul's spirit and locked within the Frozen Throne. The runeblade Frostmourne was also locked inside the Frozen Throne, but Ner'zhul cast it from the throne so it would eventually find its way to Arthas. Upon shattering the Frozen Throne, he donned the helm and inherited the Lich King's powers.
    It forces the undead Scourge to obey the wearer's will.[1]
    With the death of Arthas, the Helm of Domination passed to Bolvar Fordragon, who became the new Lich King.[2]
    As long as the Lich King survives, however, any creature donning the helm is slain immediately by a surging overflow of power. Only divine beings are not slain, but they still cannot command its powers if the Lich King is alive.[3]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    It is even possible that Sylvanas is still dead, and the Val'Kyr tricked Sylvanas into bringing back Arthas in Sylvanas' body. That would explain "her" control over the Val'Kyr.
    That would be the best thing EVER.

Ahh Ner'zhul the original badass of the Warcraft franchis. Beyond the Dark Portal WC2 and leading the reigns of most of the entire WC3 storyline.

Definetly one of the best Villans ever together with Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    That would be the best thing EVER.
    If that's not a plot twist, I don't know what is 0.o

I love everything to do with Arthas and the Lich King, this stuff has me excited for the future.

I wonder if well see an all encompassing legion of our own to battle the Burning Legion?

I heard a theory that the reason the Legion has been very quiet recently is more tied to the absence of leadership The Portal collapsing on Kil'Jaeden sent him into a limbo state aswell and consumed a huge portion of the Legion on Argus when the Sunwell Portal violently collapsed in a blast of Holy energy.

It's something that forced Varimathras into making a move. Otherwise why didn't he make his move during TBC to lead a coup in Undercity and fill it with Demons when Kil'jaeden was trying to bring himself into the world.

Likely the only way to bring them out of this state of Limbo is direct summoning from a very powerful individual of demonic arts. One such Person was Kel'Thuzad witht he Book of Medivh. Another such person is Gul'Dan directly who is very..... dangerous since he knows mostly everything about our timeline and what happened to our legion and how he met his end. He a cunning snake and can use all this information to his advantage to elevate himself with the lords of the Legion directly.

All it takes is Gul'Dan to slither into our timeline. And summon Kil'Jaeden.

If you summon a lord of the Legion with such power he can literally tear and maintain portals in the nether effortlessly so others pour through to maintain them as the invasion of Azeroth begins.

The Army of Lights formation is nearly upon us
    Last edited by anaxie; 2014-09-01 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    so i found this picture on reddit..it's a garrison quest, I think.

http://imgur.com/wQwddM7

What do you guys think it means? Will bolvar be somehow freed from being the lich king?
    Can confirm that screenshot is in alliance garrison inn.

Not sure if horde gets the same quest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    it will be true. It's why we have to kill him. But since there must always be a Lich King, a new power will arise to take the helm. A fearsome warrior by the name of....

Hogger.
    If it could only be thrall being locked in an iceblock for the rest of eternity
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Definetly one of the best Villans ever together with Arthas.
    Ner'zhul / Arthas buddy cop movie.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Ner'zhul / Arthas buddy cop movie.
    Is Sargeras the screaming police chief?

One is an orc shaman one is a Human Prince. When Hated enemies become best buddies prepare yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Is Kil'jaeden the screaming police chief?
    Fixed Seriously people need to get Sargeras off this pedestal. Kil'Jaedens Revenge and creations and manipulations is what half of the non old god story in the game comes from.

Especially when talking about the Lich King Sargeras should never be mentioned.

Like sure Sargeras is important but the liklihood that we ever directly encounter or even face him is very slim. Should an Argus expac happen expec familliar Dreadlords to make an appearance and Kil'Jaeden Final boss of expansion.

One could argu Kil'Jaeden was already the last boss once but for the Defacto Lord of the Burning Legion he can be the endboss as many times as he damn well pleases.

I hope WoD gives us a direct Confrontation with Tichondrius. I believe lorewise in MU he is the only truely dead Dreadlord because Illdans powers as a Demon hunter and the demonic energies he commanded after consuming the skull's powers.

Frostmourn is simply a blade to steal souls with no chaotic magical energies so Mal'Ganis not dying appears to make sense. Hopefully he gets leveraged fully in the expansion. quite surprised Mal'Ganis didn't try to usurp power of the Scourge when the LK was killed who knows.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2014-09-01 at 03:51 AM.

Deleted
    Grom Hellscream IS the new Lich King.
    There must always be... *lightning strikes*... a Hellscream.

It's actually a pretty interesting thought. Ner'zhul was the warchief, maybe that's one of the reasons why Kil'Jaeden picked him. I could see how, if Grom still makes a pact with them, Kil'Jaeden would have something in store for him.

It's interesting to see how they use the Garrison to give us these small little lore bits that aren't maybe the most relevant right now but could lead to something in the future,

Grom Hellscream IS the new Lich King.
    They are no longer a part of MY Scourge!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs