Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I am not pvp player but playing on pve servers feels... dull. I like that feeling when encountering player from other faction: will he attack me or not? I also like to attack someone by surprise from time, to time. PVP servers feel more alive, while PVE servers are boring as there is no danger... This is not Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    If you play WoW 13 hours a day just to get camped - I have a friendly advice: don't.

Also with the tools you have nowadays camping isn't an issue, back in the day it might have been - now it most certainly isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiel View Post
    Flag toggle ia a huge advantage for whoever flags second. You will always have the opportunity to open first. Full-time flags remove that. That's why PVPservers exist.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a warning box that pops up when you chose to make a character on a PVP server for the first time. So, yes. They do.

Some people haven't developed the sarcasm sense.

My chars have never been on a PVP server. I hate it.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

They are required so the bored max level player does not have to go searching for a low-mid level player to camp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Not really. The vast majority of PvP servers are extremely one-sided, so the only "PvP" that ever really happens in the world is some level 90 killing off level 20s. The PvP servers I have played on might as well have been PvE servers; you certainly wouldn't have noticed the difference.

Seeing as most PvP servers are extremely one-sided, one could conclude that a PvP server is only a fun place to be when you don't have to fear your enemy (or when your enemy faction is so sparsely populated that you might as well hunt for an almost extinct species).

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    Please, mister, tell us on which scale you are weighing the word "extremely." Looking at statistics from the EU servers, to use as a case example, it seems that while there are Alliance to Horde ratios in some servers that are high (such as about A/H ratio of 3 to 1 in Outland), plenty have decent ratios of A/H 0.6, and a plethora of 0.5. The difference is not extreme. [http://wow.realmpop.com/eu.html]
    That data is from the recent server migrations where Blizzard has actively attempted to balance those servers out. The data previous would have suggested otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my experience server rules haven't meant much. 60% of an rp / rppvp realms population doesn't even know what rp is or that they chose a server meant for it. Then again, you can force world pvp with 'always flagged' where you can't force people to rp with each other, so it's sort of a player guided thing.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account
    This is going to sound weird, but I've enjoyed WPvP more on a PvE server, usually because when we're attacked it's kind of a 2 way thing, they'll flag themselves and see if we bite, and only the people who attack them are the ones that can be killed, it discourages the whole ganking thing. I've also got to say, the PvPers on Proudmoore are far more into the idea of retaliation than those on PvP servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    What I think is, we need to use the cooldown system of the Censur item. Then create bounty quests, daily or weekly.

SI:7 Mission board
    Kill X amount of Orcs
    Kill X amount of Trolls
    Kill X amount of Blood Elves

As an example for weekly, they run with a mission of hunting down 3 different races. But if you have the quest or in group with one, then they'll recieve a debuff (10-15 mins) which makes them useless to farm. After completing, you'll be rewarded with repuation, currency and a discount for a armor/weapon PvP purchase (10/15%)
    YES YES YES!!!!!! I am sooooooo behind this!
    Everyone on the internet is a dishonest actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    PvP servers aren't only there for world PvP, they're servers where PvPers collect to form groups for arena. Taking away PvP servers would do nothing but annoy those who do wPvP since people will just assign a non-official PvP server where people will collect anyways to form groups for rated PvP.

Also, I'm offended you'd even want to take away PvP servers. They don't affect you in the slightest. Jeez
    You are offended by simple discussion? Jeez
    During Stallin rule, we didnt have an opportunity to even discuss things. Does this era have to come back?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Seeing as most PvP servers are extremely one-sided, one could conclude that a PvP server is only a fun place to be when you don't have to fear your enemy (or when your enemy faction is so sparsely populated that you might as well hunt for an almost extinct species).
    Exactly. Thats what pvp servers are today wpvp wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    What? That's false. I'm on the sparsely populated side and I love it. I think it is probably boring for the alliance that want to PvP because there are so few horde. But for me as horde and my guildmates who also love to PvP, we absolutely love it. We can find alliance to kill everywhere. Sure, after 10-15 minutes of fighting they will become so numerous we can no longer kill them, but that's no big deal. When that happens we escape and find a new area to kill new alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheJewishMerp View Post
    This is going to sound weird, but I've enjoyed WPvP more on a PvE server, usually because when we're attacked it's kind of a 2 way thing, they'll flag themselves and see if we bite, and only the people who attack them are the ones that can be killed, it discourages the whole ganking thing. I've also got to say, the PvPers on Proudmoore are far more into the idea of retaliation than those on PvP servers.
    But you miss out on the sense of danger.

You obviously haven't thought this through.... like... at all.

Does... I mean does no one realize they are playing an RPG anymore?