Deleted

Do Death Knights still have a place in WoW?

DKs are and have always been my favourite class, I don't particularly care for elitists (?) and pretentious twats telling me nonsense about how they are the dumbass kiddies class, I think they are badass and a fun class to play.

However, my dilemma with playing as a DK now is this and this only: with Wrath now nearly three expansions behind us, do they have a place in the lore of the game anymore?

With every other class in the game (besides perhaps warlocks), they can weave in with the lore of the game. However, with death knights, after the Lich King I just feel like they don't really serve any particular purpose. Maybe with the return of the Burning Legion we could see a couple of DK stories, but apart from that, I just feel like there's no more use for DKs lore-wise.

Thoughts?

At this point, I think they're really just soldiers. Their "specialty," dealing with undead and the Scourge, is outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Archodas View Post
    Thoughts?
    No, none whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    No, none whatsoever.
    thanks for your meaningful contribution there

As for the question, they dont need any specific lore, they are part of the horde/alliance as heros/soliders, we dont see lore for every single class every expansion.

Deleted
    It is not like any other Class has a "big" purpose, look at the description of your class "Hero"-Class, this title was false to begin with because its not an option in an MMO to have a Class that is pushed because its lore-background, take the other classes, what are they purpose in your opinion ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gameplay always comes first. How would you react if you suddenly can't play your DK anymore because he/she became redundant? And as long as there is a Lich King there will be Death Knights and a Scourge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Shadowmoon Clan is all about necromancy and dark magic of the void. Not to mention their Chieftain was source that leads to creating dk (aside from Gul'Dan version of them). You got also Gul'Dan who always look for some dark stuff that'll give him more power. Aside from that Death knight's are kind of immortal super-soldiers for alliance and horde.

Well they were once members of the Horde/Alliance and now have clear heads. They belong for the same reason that Warriors exist even though they killed Onyxia many moons ago, or how druids are still around despite doing druidy things (ok, bad example, but you get my drift)

I think they'll see a return in a future Sylvanas/Bolvar expansion.

They're keeping the scourge in check and from spreading

They will fight with us against demons as in, the Ebon Blade

They're watching Sylvanas
    Right...wrong...The universe doesn't care
    Driefal,Etrith(Retired)