View Poll Results: How will you get to 100?

Voters
484. This poll is closed
  • Questing

171 35.33%
  • Dungeons

14 2.89%
  • Battlegrounds

1 0.21%
  • Pet Battles

3 0.62%
  • Farming

3 0.62%
  • Combo of Questing/Dungeons

249 51.45%
  • Combo of Questing/Battlegrounds

2 0.41%
  • Combo of Dungeons/Battlegrounds

3 0.62%
  • All of the Above

28 5.79%
  • Other (Explained in the thread)

10 2.07%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I have 6 characters to max out, and I'll probably do it via questing and doing each dungeon once for most of them. At the moment, 90-100 with SoO LFR gear will take you around 10-12 hours, depending on how much time you take out to play with garrison, followers, etc. along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    Please don't let there be another boat/helicopter event to get stuck on at the start like with MoP... I flew around for 30 mins because the boats kept dying to quick for me to get credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    From what I've seen on YouTube, the Dark Portal intro is a solo scenario that plops you in Shadowmoon Valley (if Alliance) or Frostfire Ridge (if Horde) after, so you won't have to wait on respawns and whatnot while you're out kickin' the shit out of the Iron Horde and roflstomping the Dark Portal.
    It isn't. You're bunched in with other players along the way, although they might finally switch on that reverse-CRZ mechanic (too many players in one zone = players are divided out onto different realms).

However, the one vehicle quest there is places you in a solo 'instance' (ie. you don't see others and them shooting doesn't affect you), so at least we won't have the MoP intro farce again...
    Last edited by mmoc45ca6388df; 2014-08-30 at 02:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i will get to level 100 by doing things that reward me experience. i have no current plan to min/max, just want to sit back relax and punch it out
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    It isn't. You're bunched in with other players along the way, although they might finally switch on that reverse-CRZ mechanic (too many players in one zone = players are divided out onto different realms).
    Well, that still prolly won't be too bad. Then, I've gotten really good at keeping the pain train rolling in densely-populated areas thanks to item-hunting on Timeless Isle. I could see it being a fustercluck on release night, though...
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    questing and dungeoning

Deleted
    Hopfully Dungeons and PvP entirely.
    I'd be happy if I didn't have to do any quests, ever.

Depends on how good dungeons are for XP but I will almost for sure get a pre-made guild group made up of 590-ish players and spam dungeons until 100 or until they become shit for xp. In MoP I only did dungeons until 87.

The same way I always did. Start off questing first to get a feel for the zone, then depending on how much I was enjoying myself I'd queue for an instance.

Questing, and dungeons once for quests. This time I'll be keeping my eye out for treasures and rares to boost my xp.

Specific que for dungeons as I unlock them for the quests, while questing outdoors. But I just remembered that dungeons function like scenarios meaning you can have "quests" every time rather than once, so I don't know, probably still the same thing just to experience the dungeon then stick to questing.

Through questing. I don't run dungeons and such until I level my second toon on that faction.

Unless exp gains is nerfed by then: rush to 100 farming pet battles near ally camp in kassagran wilds in pandaria. After leveling 5 90s I know this is the fastest way ^^ hint: you need murkalot and 2 blackfuse \ 2 red bots

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Unless exp gains is nerfed by then: rush to 100 farming pet battles near ally camp in kassagran wilds in pandaria. After leveling 5 90s I know this is the fastest way ^^ hint: you need murkalot and 2 blackfuse \ 2 red bots
    Interesting. Not many use the pet battle route.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do all the Quests and complete every dungeon once.

Questing, do each dungeon once until the dungeons gear starts replacing raiding gear. Then I'll quest while in queue.

Also oh my GOD I DON'T HAVE TO SIT HUNCHED OVER ON MY BED PLAYING ON A LAPTOP THIS TIME I'M SO HAPPY.

I'll be taking my time to explore the new content and soak up all the fresh lore as I take my character through each quest. I'll also try to do each of the dungeons at least once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly questing. I never rush, but i'lve always try to organise my time to allow 8hours or more playing after expac hits for week or two, so i cap pretty fast

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    By hitting several types of boars very hard with a really big sword.

Deleted
    I've done it 3-4 times on the beta now, all questing. I've found that dungeons dont really give that much experiance. Also they're quite difficult so i doubt it will be worth spamming them on live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Questing and dungeons.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    they'll probably think 2 times before loading battlegrounds with bonus exp like MoP (80-90 in less than 10 hrs doing AV), few options left:
    - questing
    - guild istance grind
    - random dungs when quest are available

for me questing is the way to go, i'd still have to complete all the quests (reputations unlock and achieves) and i'm not going for server first (hardcore raiders will cap faster with dungeons, i don't have the gear to compete)