Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The DayZ is ranked higher than WoW, what a fucking joke.
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

How the bumboclot is Mass Effect 1 not on the list.

Deleted
    Mass effect #8 and they even defended the ending? These people have no right making lists.

simply terrible, no other words need to be said.

edit
    after simply in how bad this is, I went to the actual site, the concept is "current" "active" 100 games. A very different meaning then what the OP implied.
    Last edited by Stormspellz; 2014-08-31 at 03:54 AM.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd place UFO: Enemy Unknown above XCOM. The game was beyond fantastic for its time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2014-08-31 at 07:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yezzzz.....such a horible list.
    Where is knights of the old republic?
    Kinda weird they put a kingpin on list. Not many people know this game.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Now here's a damned good list; not littered by dozens of novelty, thoughtless, mainstream console games that are completely overrated by the dumb youth of this so-called "modern" age; but one written by a close group of old timers who remember a true golden age.[/code]
    True golden age and not written by modern age?

No morrowind but skyrim at 2?
    No original Baldurs Gate?
    No Diablo 2 but Diablo 3?
    No Civ 2 or Civ 3 which was the golden age of that franchise?
    Mass Effect 3 top 10? LOLOLOLOLOL

The entire top 10 has 8 games released post 2008 and it's written by guys nodding to the golden age? What?

Early access games not even released fully yet all over the list...

Should I go on? This list is basically a list of "modern games you should buy during steam sales" with very few classics thrown in. Get out of here with this golden age nonsense.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2014-08-31 at 08:02 AM.

Any list without WoW, even in its Cataclysm state, in at least the top 10 holds no water. And I say this as someone who hasn't liked the game for a long LONG ass time. The game's had greater influence on the industry since 2004 than just about any other game.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    This list is the "current" "active" top 100 games according to the website.

Thank god Sarah Jane embedded the list cause I didn't feel like clicking anything.

But ya. That list is fucking trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree with the placement of a lot of games and there are games that are bad console ports on a "PC gaming" list but there are a lot of solid games in that list.

Mass Effect 2 the best game of all time? Its solid that's for sure but its hardly the best RPG to come out of Bioware at all, i also find the lack of KOTOR on such a list to be a bit sad on that note but i suppose this is more of an opinion piece than anything to take seriously.

Where is age of empires franchise, starcraft/warcraft? This list raises a lot of questions about the ones who made it.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-08-31 at 08:29 AM.

No Total Annihilation? That game still stands up well today.

Not even tried 80-90 of the games on that list though.

They listed non-PC games for a 100 list of PC games.

This seems dubious, populist and consumer centric. No, I don't think this is very good.

Mass Effect 2 first place? And people wonder what's wrong with the industry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty good list, some placements I don't agree with, but other than that, I like what I'm seeing.
    Currently Procrastinating

Your thoughts?
    Obviously the most dominant problems of such lists are personal taste and the order in which the entries are presented. If you want to present an objective list then do yourselves a favor and avoid that top X countdown style listing. It's bound to spark controversy and never ending arguments for highly subjective reasons while there is no benefit and no need to do so.

"Everyone agrees on... " doesn't do anyone a favor really. And not just here and in this case.

Also, for the most part I see a giant list of over-hyped AAA titles. Mandatory? Hardly. I agree with some of them, but most of these can't even be called proper games for all the linearity, holding the player's hand, remaking the very same game for the 1000th time, and cutscene-driven gameplay interruptions, but oh well. Not my type of game.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2014-08-31 at 09:13 AM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: Yes yes, everyone would've placed the games listed at different rankings. But you got to admit; it's better than all the other crummy lists out there! It's got all your favorite PC games...
    It's pretty awful. Curse of Monkey Island is 100? Q3A is 88? Original XCOM and UFO are 83? League of Legends, the first F2P game to be a major financial success, is only 66? Final Fantasy VII is higher than fucking New Vegas? Fallout 3 is higher up than Fallout? Fallout 2 is nowhere to be seen? Fucking Starcraft is nowhere to be seen? Diablo III is present, but Diablo II is missing? Literally any game is higher than Planescape Torment? Bioshock Infinite is higher than Deus Ex: HR? Bioshock Infinite is higher than fucking System Shock 2? I don't think I saw X-Wing or X-Wing vs TIE Fighter in there, either. Don't see any of the Descent games, either.

Fucking Mass Effect anything is topping the list?

It's like they took the most popular games of the past 8 years, and then scattered in some of "those games people never fucking shut up about" somewhere in there and then shook it up and let things fall where they landed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    They listed non-PC games for a 100 list of PC games.

This seems dubious, populist and consumer centric. No, I don't think this is very good.
    Dark Souls is fine, because the PC version is unquestionably better once you fix the UI and run dsfix, dscfix, etc. Final Fantasy VII makes absolutely no motherfucking sense; the original PC port was a fucking disaster, and I have no idea if the updated Steam version is any better (after discovering the RE4 re-re-re-release is still a fucking terrible port, I'm gun-shy around any Japanese games being ported to PC.)
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Absolute shit list, worse than that Empire one from a few weeks ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    True golden age and not written by modern age?
    BG2 was definitely better than BG1, especially with the Throne of Bhaal expansion for the same reason IWD2 > IWD, the updated Infinity Engine just allowed devs to do more, and also enabled modders to do more; I can't imagine a better conclusion to the series than Throne of Bhaal with the Ascension mod.

Of course, now you can play BG1 and BG2 together with BGTrio or BGTutu, so you could kind of consider them to be a single game now! \o/

I wonder if that project to port BG1/BG2 to the IWD2 engine (complete with 3E/3.5E rules) ever made any headway. Baldur's Gate II in 3.5E sounds delicious.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow