Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

I sweep, clean bathrooms and dump garbage for minimum wage?

What should i do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever you want.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctredors View Post
    What should i do?
    Lift with your knees not your back.

Work more hours.

Vote republican. High top income tax brackets and excessive regulation are keeping you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Vote republican. High top income tax brackets and excessive regulation are keeping you down.
    That'll knock this amazing thread off the rails.

Deleted
    Keep working and look for a new one in the meantime?

Quote Originally Posted by Noctredors View Post
    What should i do?
    Not sure what the problem is? You do a menial task for the lowest pay?

Keep at it, more hours, different job... Not sure what you're expecting here.

E: Should probably mention I live in England. Difference in living wage n such.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-09-03 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    LOL

/10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

join the military, then you can do the same thing for $20,000 a year.

What type of establishment do you work in?

It's very rare that a minimum wage type job ever pays you for how hard you work. It's normally determined by your education. I've seen some very hard workers that deserve more than that, but that's the way it goes.

If you want a better paying job you either need a special opportunity, or an education.

Learn a valuable skill. The more needed/uncommon it is the more it's worth. My elder sons best friend in high school had a kid right after graduation, surprised the hell out of everyone by buckling down as an electrician apprentice and a few years later makes 30 dollars an hour. He now has an additional kid and his own house, the guys only 21!

Quit and get on welfare.

Here's the reality of shitty jobs:

Fake interview here, of fast food employee:

Q: When you were 5, did you want to be a fast food marketing executive?
    A: No.

Q: Well what did you want to be?
    A: I wanted to be an astronaut and go to Mars.

Q: Well how much money per year do you spend on going to mars?
    A: 0.

Q: How much money per year do you spend on fast food?
    A: Lots.

There you go. People are too damn lazy to get in the kitchen and make their own damn food and this is what you get for it. You think all that labour you saved yourself doesn't need to get done? You're wrong. And greedy rich people just want money. And that's where the money is. You would rather spend that money on double cheeseburgers with a side of shit, and that's where the jobs are. They will gladly hire you, in order to make them rich selling other people like you cheeseburgers and shit.

I guess in all fairness generation X started this trend, but either way. Until most people know a spoon from a ladel and can make their own damn cheeseburgers thats where all the jobs are going to be, because that is where people are spending their money.

Keep working, look for light maintenance job at a school, double your pay.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    Learn a valuable skill. The more needed/uncommon it is the more it's worth. My elder sons best friend in high school had a kid right after graduation, surprised the hell out of everyone by buckling down as an electrician apprentice and a few years later makes 30 dollars an hour. He now has an additional kid and his own house, the guys only 21!
    The types of people that I meet can seem crazy at times. Usually it's the older guys that have all the money, but occasionally I meet a younger person with a decent income, like a 28 year old that had enough income to be able to afford a $50k+ boat. Boats are a luxury item, that's not something you buy unless you're positive you can afford the additional cost, and it's not just the boat you have to be able to afford. There's a trailer, or storage fees (easily 200-300 a month), and gas (you don't see boats get much more than 5mpg and gas is usually at least $5 a gallon on the water), plus a 50-140 gallon gas tank...for some perspective. Like you said, this was a guy that worked on air conditioning systems for a living.

I also just met a kid around that same age that started his own pressure washing company. He's got a nice big truck and he just spent at least that much on a boat as well.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2014-09-03 at 01:29 AM.

Eat the garbage, increase your savings!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    join the military, then you can do the same thing for $20,000 a year.
    And have a assload of free time when in Garrison. Probably work less in the military while in Garrison, for a number of MOS'es.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    The types of people that I meet can seem crazy at times. Usually it's the older guys that have all the money, but occasionally I meet a younger person with a decent income, like a 28 year old that had enough income to be able to afford a $50k+ boat. Boats are a luxury item, that's not something you buy unless you're positive you can afford the additional cost, and it's not just the boat you have to be able to afford. There's a trailer, or storage fees (easily 200-300 a month), and gas (you don't see boats get much more than 5mpg and gas is usually at least $5 a gallon on the water), plus a 50-140 gallon gas tank...for some perspective. Like you said, this was a guy that worked on air conditioning systems for a living.

I also just met a kid around that same age that started his own pressure washing company. He's got a nice big truck and he just spent at least that much on a boat as well.
    There is the original outlay cost though
    There is money in skilled labor, I do ok working on garage doors, I could make more but I try to keep my prices low and not overcharge.
    On the downside it will eat up a lot of time and there is stress involved, people see how and when I work at say "you must not be married". If you get into hiring people that is another set of problems.
    From what I have seen not everyone can run things, it takes control over yourself, forcing yourself to do things.
    Friend tried to run an auto shop, he hired people he knew and they did some work and spend most the time getting high, it didn't last long.