Thread: Upgrade?

Upgrade?

For all of MoP, I've been running WoW on an old Mac Mini- C2D 2.0, 320m integrated card.

It's not great, but I was fine at custom settings raiding 10m, and OK for 25s.

Going into WoD, I'd like to see what I can scrounge together that's a bit better to play with. Eventually I'll get around to building a new system, but don't have the budget for now.

I have an old Dell XPS gaming PC that I haven't used in a couple of years- it's an E6600 2.4 C2D, 3 gb of ram, and a really crappy HD 4550 1 GB video card.

I'd replace the MOBO/CPU, but the old Dell's used a BTX motherboard, so I can't replace it with any current ATX standards. And at this point, I don't think it's worth trying to find a CPU upgrade that will fit the mobo, better to save for a new build.

I'm thinking about throwing a GTX 750 TI in there as a stopgap. How will that compare to my current system? I'm assuming a nice bit better, with a better CPU and a decent, non-integrated gfx card.

I can always reuse the card when I build something new down the road.

Deleted
    Anything you throw at that old thing will be a waste of money. Even if you get a low/mid range gpu in that it will bottleneck cpu wise in wow. Whatever side you look at it, in a 8 year old build, trying to upgrade something temporarily till you can get the money for a proper build doesn't really work ><

Even if the upgrade is something I'll use in a final build?

06 CPU at a lowish clockrate. The motherboard will no doubt be legacy LGA 775 which doesn't work with anything today;..the memory will be ddr2 and its actually more expensive then ddr3 now;

06...its old and tired....