Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ignorance from blues .. expected to be tolerated?

I don't understand how a completely spammable 70% speed boost + snare self-dispel is somehow balanced.
    because it has a cost (holinka)
    The cost should be a cooldown though, the energy cost is hardly a cost.. Please understand this.
    It has a 1 second cooldown (holinka)

from Q&A

questions points out the various parts of a skill that make it seem to be over powered. Answer? "because it has a cost"
    well what is that cost you say? that makes it to be balanced? "it has a 1 second cooldown"

Does burst of speed last for less than 1 second? I don't think so. Does that, in effect, make it spamable? seeing as you don't use more resources on something that still has lasting duration.

Are these the type of ignorant answers we have come to expect, so we just learn to accept? Or am I missing something here .. There was no thought or consideration given to the answer, so if you take the time to answer it and have it posted, why not actually make your answer worth reading? If holinka (in case of this example) honestly recieves so many questions about burst of speed, that he/she feels the need to respond in a directly arrogant way, then perhaps change is needed to be looked at. If a question about burst of speed is a rarity, yet warrants the need for a response, should it not provide SOME detail, thoughts, balance issues etc.?

Does Blizzard use social media just to get the word out there, without acutally paying attention? Is twitter just free advertising and a way to make money? Because it sure seems like many MANY questions/concerns go neglected.

P.S. Who misses Ghostcrawler's Q&A? We were only ever really shunned about release dates and exact things like that.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/holinka/status/507536388107956224

They have made changes to BoS since MoP. They will believe the talent is balanced until they no longer hold that belief. When that changes so will the talent.

Twitter is the worst place to hold serious discussion IMHO.

Supposedly the energy cost will be prohibitive in WoD, I haven't actually tried it out on beta yet though.

For those who don't play a Rogue, energy costs are a serious dps tradeoff and will be even moreso in the world of low haste at the start of any expansion.

We'll see if it works. I have my doubts. I'm not convinced a CD is the best option either though. BoS absolutely should replace sprint though, the fact it doesn't makes zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Boocifer View Post
    questions points out the various parts of a skill that make it seem to be over powered. Answer? "because it has a cost"
    well what is that cost you say? that makes it to be balanced? "it has a 1 second cooldown"
    Turn off your righteous indignation procedure.

Activate your joke detection algorithm.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. Who misses Ghostcrawler's Q&A? We were only ever really shunned about release dates and exact things like that.
    GC was no stranger to sarcasm and the occasional light trolling either.

Nor should he have been.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2014-09-05 at 09:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Blizzard have increasingly become more and more ignorant and sarcastic with their replies, and their excuses are hilarious. Holinka and Celestalon being the worst of them all. Disgusting.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Actually been reading a lot of blue posts this beta process as quite cold / pretentious or whatever, probably just misinterpentation on my part tho.

Deleted
    BoS is still spammable, and you're still able to keep it 100% of the time, from what I've tested on the beta. You obviously can't keep it up 100% of the time while trying to burst or do any form of high damage, but if you're snared or anything, it's still very useful and really isn't a huge penalty. As for arena, it's not so much of a problem, beside the obnoxious pillar humping. For any other form of PvP though, I'd say it's almost no-brainer talent choice.

Deleted
    Are these the type of ignorant answers we have come to expect, so we just learn to accept?
    They are the type of answer people have to expect if the question is ignorant.

Or am I missing something here ..
    In fact you do. The answer wasn't ignorant at all. BoS on the Beta costs 25 energy. 25 energy is a huge amount of damage. A snare is designed to prevent a melee from damaging a ranged. If he uses BoS to dispell it, the mission was accomplished.

There was no thought or consideration given to the answer, so if you take the time to answer it and have it posted, why not actually make your answer worth reading?
    Why not make your question worth being read first? Both questions reek of arrogance, the one writing them simply assumes he knows best ("please understand this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"). If I were in holinkas place, I wouldn't even bother wasting my time with people who already have the preconception of being all-knowing, and just want their preconceptions confirmed.

If a question about burst of speed is a rarity, yet warrants the need for a response, should it not provide SOME detail, thoughts, balance issues etc.?
    If someone writes "energy cost is hardly a cost" should he not provide SOME detail, thoughts, examples, math, evidence, how he came by that conclusion?

Because it sure seems like many MANY questions/concerns go neglected.
    Many questions (the one you posted included) are just whine.

As if regenerating energy was a real cost. I do have a Rogue and I never felt BoS was somewhat "too expensive and requires proper timing". Unless they plan to make it cost 100 energy, I don't see how that's even close to balance. Why? Because Burst of Speed is something the Rogue will want to use when his target is away from, y'know, that moment when his energy is full or almost full and he/she has absolutely nothing else worth doing.

The idea of a cost on a energy class balancing it is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Vornesoul View Post
    https://twitter.com/holinka/status/507536388107956224

They have made changes to BoS since MoP. They will believe the talent is balanced until they no longer hold that belief. When that changes so will the talent.

Twitter is the worst place to hold serious discussion IMHO.
    But the best place for Blizzard to ignore real issues with simple answer, though.

It's all reduced to "I'm right, you wrong, suck it up" there. It's impossible to make a real argument unless the dev you're speaking to "feels like" believing in you.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    My biggest problem with it is that it will make rogues even worse to deal with when they play the kite and hide game.

Does Blizzard use social media just to get the word out there, without acutally paying attention? Is twitter just free advertising and a way to make money? Because it sure seems like many MANY questions/concerns go neglected.
    It got answered so the answer to your question is definitely yes. Just understand that if you don't like the answer it doesn't mean you're being neglected, just disagreed.

What comes to Blizzard paying attention to media, they never answer on this forum and hardly ever reads it either so you better whine at the official forum if you want some answers.

Deleted
    just give up. they don't care about pvp, it's time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Florescent Purple View Post
    Blizzard have increasingly become more and more ignorant and sarcastic with their replies, and their excuses are hilarious. Holinka and Celestalon being the worst of them all. Disgusting.
    Stupid questions deserve stupid answers. But because that wouldn't be politically correct they use sarcasm instead.

I really like Blizzard's new found bitchiness. I was always disgusted by GC's political correctness and PR bullshit piled on top of more PR bullshit. At least now we can more clearly see Blizzard's actual intentions and direction.

But most people would prefer to be gently lied to, and that is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Florescent Purple View Post
    BoS is still spammable, and you're still able to keep it 100% of the time, from what I've tested on the beta. You obviously can't keep it up 100% of the time while trying to burst or do any form of high damage, but if you're snared or anything, it's still very useful and really isn't a huge penalty.
    Or you could be a feral and shift at any time at the cost of only a GCD. Which has apparently been considered okay for I don't even remember how many years.

The tears the day they changed that... and eventually it got reverted...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Or you could be a feral and shift at any time at the cost of only a GCD. Which has apparently been considered okay for I don't even remember how many years.

Shifting doesn't come with a 70% speed boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

If that's the case, it would only mean both aren't balanced. Most importantly, it's not just a matter of balance in the current scenario, it's a matter of balance in an expansion that Blizzard claims to be reducing mobility because "it's too easy", on other we see classes such as mages still absurdly mobile while others had their mobility pratically destroyed just for the sake of doing it. It's some kind of double standards.

Also, the GCD that comes with shifting is quite a burden. You must always use at least 2, one to get into another form and then another to go back to kitty form. That can drop your dps by a lot. Rogues can just press the button and enjoy the fact they will be on top of their targets in a moment with no additional GCD required.

Deleted
    I don't understand how a completely spammable 70% speed boost + snare self-dispel is somehow balanced.
    because it has a cost (holinka)
    The cost should be a cooldown though, the energy cost is hardly a cost.. Please understand this.
    It has a 1 second cooldown (holinka)
    *trollface*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiria View Post
    As if regenerating energy was a real cost. I do have a Rogue and I never felt BoS was somewhat "too expensive and requires proper timing". Unless they plan to make it cost 100 energy, I don't see how that's even close to balance. Why? Because Burst of Speed is something the Rogue will want to use when his target is away from, y'know, that moment when his energy is full or almost full and he/she has absolutely nothing else worth doing.
    Yes, and that's wrong because...? Rogues don't have charge. Our only other means of gap closing is ShS, which has a cooldown. This may be a hard concept for you to grasp, but melees actually need a way to get into the range of their target.

The idea of a cost on a energy class balancing it is a joke.
    Then by all means, roll a rogue and try to kill a healer while using BoS.

It's all reduced to "I'm right, you wrong, suck it up" there.
    The one writing the question assumes exactly that as well.

The way I read "it has a 1sec cooldown", I don't think Holinka is saying that is the cost. It's just an answer to the statement that it should have a cooldown.

"It should have a cooldown."
    "It has a cooldown".

Although that's just the gcd, right? Doesn't sound like much of a cooldown.
    Last edited by JaceDraccus; 2014-09-05 at 10:16 AM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Shifting doesn't come with a 70% speed boost.
    Travel form? Also, shifting also doesn't come with any cost.

Quote Originally Posted by JaceDraccus View Post
    Although that's just the gcd, right? Doesn't sound like much of a cooldown.
    As soon as all snares are on a 15 second cooldown, I agree with you.