Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is it worth coming back?

I stopped playing WoW a while after Mysts of Pandaria and I am wondering if it is worth returning for the Warlords of Draenor expansion? How much new content has been added?

7+ Year Old Account
    That's entirely subjective. What some people may see as content may not be content to you, vice versa.

I'd recommend doing some research and seeing what the game has to offer before making this decision, rather than relying on the opinion of others. There will always be different pros and cons in that sense.

Try looking into the Garrisons, raids, state of PvP, along with many other things that may pertain to you and make the judgment call for yourself on whether it would be worth diving into again. Though, if you have any specific questions about any of those feel free to ask.

Seriously I dont get it, why does this thread pop up once in a while?
    You cant even Think for urself?

If u wanna play WoW u play WoW, if u dont wanna play WoW u dont play WoW. Why is it so damn complicated?

If u have quit once u will prob quit again, save the money. just saying
    And im not saying this because WoD is bad(I enjoy it) Im saying this because I assume u dont find anything in the game that keeps u intersted in it.

I would only recommend it If somehow you loved garrisons. I've heard of people with 10 plus characters who finish garrison related things in only a couple hours. I can't even really recommend raiding since we will most likely only see two tiers this expansion.

Overall, to me it feels like half an expansion with garrisons tacked on.

If you raid competitively? Yes. Worth coming back.

It's not worth coming back for any other reason unless you need a PvP fix. They didn't really add much aside from a new raid and some useless crap around "Garrisons" which amount to "login once or twice a day to send NPCs on missions for mostly useless trinkets that will help you send them on missions for slightly better useless trinkets in the future"

Dungeons are even more of a joke since you have even less reason to do them than even MoP. Scenarios were removed. Reps are all based around grinding thousands of mobs for 5-10rep a pop (no dailies at all), a few pets were added, but nothing significant was added for battle pets comparable to the tournament from 5.4. They added nothing for PvP aside from a wPvP zone which is just awful. Just look at the Ashran forums: its a horrible mess that blizz somehow makes worse with each new hotfix.

Really, the only thing that WoD has new, is a raid, and garrisons. And garrisons don't do much: the rewards are meh, its mostly a big grind, and the customization is as slim as they could have made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauntlander View Post
    That's entirely subjective. What some people may see as content may not be content to you, vice versa.

I'd recommend doing some research and seeing what the game has to offer before making this decision, rather than relying on the opinion of others. There will always be different pros and cons in that sense.

Try looking into the Garrisons, raids, state of PvP, along with many other things that may pertain to you and make the judgment call for yourself on whether it would be worth diving into again. Though, if you have any specific questions about any of those feel free to ask.
    Okay, I will do that. I do have one question that will help. How are the mage and monk classes doing these days?

depends on what class you want to play and if you want to raid. if you don't want to raid, save yourself the $50 because there's jack shit to do at 100 unless you like the garrison facebook game.

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    depends on what class you want to play and if you want to raid. if you don't want to raid, save yourself the $50 because there's jack shit to do at 100 unless you like the garrison facebook game.
    I have a frost mage and mistweaver monk as my mains. Oh I like to raid but I will probably have to find a new guild that is actually still active on this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Envee20 View Post
    I stopped playing WoW a while after Mysts of Pandaria and I am wondering if it is worth returning for the Warlords of Draenor expansion? How much new content has been added?
    I haven't played since the WOTLK and like the game so far. I do find endgame a little dull and just find myself sitting in my garrison doing missions while waiting for raid times.

Check your bnet account page and under referrals and rewards I believe you can find one of those free trials to check it out

WoD is good until you hit level 100 and only have a crappy raid to do and terrible ashran for CP cap. There is a chance BRF is utterly amazing but even then once its on farm what else will there be to do unless another content patch is right behind brf which is unlikely. 6.1 isnt looking to offer much content wise

You should wait till 6.1 is out at least a month too have a better view of things, in the meantime you can use the 10 day free trial.

PD: You`ll stop earning experience once you're near level 91 during the trial, don't complete all the quest in Shadowmoon unless you enjoy grinding mobs to level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're excited and looking for cool new features..don't come back because WoD didn't bring any. If you like to raid at higher level than retard mode then sure come try mythic.

Seriously stop making threads like this, you should be able to make a decision like this on your own without having to crowd surf the internet.

All you are going to get is haters hating and fan boys fanning. Nothing said here is every going to apply to you. If you can't risk $15 to see for yourself then just walk away.

If you like playing a casual game.
    If you like a botched story line.
    If you like mini games.
    If like like AFKing in LFR.
    If you like 100vs100 BGs.
    If you like grinding reputation for titles and achievements.
    If you like blowing through heroics.
    If you like shamans being the worst class.
    If you like guild hopping.
    If you like minimal quests.
    If you like ground mounts.
    If you like lockouts.

One mans junk is another mans treasure.

You'll need to decide for yourself first hand, OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It's not. Or, rather, it is in some respects but since you've waited this long I'd wait more until a) the game is on sale and b) there's more content that's been released.

Basically, I'd wait until 6.2 or later.

On the plus side, I liked leveling a lot. I generally liked the story, quests and zones. However, once you hit 100 there's nothing in the world to do aside from raid. LFR is so easy that it's silly. You can do heroic 5 mans, but once you're geared there's no reason to run them anymore. You can raid and Highmaul isn't bad but it's only 7 bosses. The 6.1 patch doesn't really address this. But hopefully 6.2 will add more stuff to do... so I'd wait if I were in your shoes.

It's worth a sub for a month if for NO other reason than the leveling experience. That was awesome the first time.

Outside of that...it depends. If you are a casual who does nothing besides dailies or heroics, then no. There's little reason to run around in the main world after you have anything you want from Apexis dailies (daily grind token for fluff stuff/non raid gear). Heroics are almost completely pointless. You CAN get some fun out of the stable dailies for garrison, but again that could be used up in a month or two's sub.

If you enjoy PvE/raiding (above LFR) this tier has been fun so far, so yes. Can't speak from a hardcore PvPer's experience, but from a PvE side the raiding is as strong as ever. Fun and challenging bosses this time around and I can't wait for BRF.

Quote Originally Posted by Envee20 View Post
    Honestly, this is better than MoP. My opinion. The way I came into WoW (BC, played frozen throne)) was when I watched the original WoW trailer. Content is good right now. My recommendation is watch all the Lords of War Short episodes (Part 1-5) and cinematics - if that doesn't spur up your interest, forget it. If you decide to come back, PM me so I can send you a scroll of resurrection