Should I go back?

I've been considering going back to a guild that I was in about half a year ago. I was kicked from the guild for allegedly stealing from the guild bank because someone claimed to be me and got access through another officer. It was later proved to be false, as a Blizzard GM will not refund guild bank theft caused by members that were promoted to appropriate rank without deception, however they will refund theft if someone poses as an officer to steal. Anyways, I recently reestablished contact with the Guild Master, we're on eachother's battle.net lists again and my alt that is still on the server was invited back to the guild. At that point I decided to take a break from WoW instead of going back after my name was cleared because I was offended that my word was so easily trumped. After that, contact ceased until I decided to reestablish it a few nights ago, which was when I was invited.

The reason I ask if I should go back is because, after the first night where we had a conversation and I was reinvited to the Guild, I haven't been able to keep the Guild Master in a conversation about anything for more than a few replies. I kind of feel like I may still be considered an intrusion if the Guild Master can't stand to be in a conversation with me for more than a few responses. Am I just overreacting at what could easily be distraction(4+ times)? Right now I'm considering not trying to start any further conversations until the expansion gets closer. Starting to feel a little unwelcome.

over thinking it bro who cares if they dont like you find another guild then wow is so boring now I just uninstalled after having 28 days of gametime left lol

Deleted
    I think you should probably discuss it out with your guild master.

If you don't feel welcome there I wouldn't go back.

10+ Year Old Account
    i said no but its after you to if wanna clean your name up .

You would be surprised how long players can keep hold of a grudge, for even "lesser" issues.
    During early wrath I was largely solo levelling as my guild tended to have their "buddy" groups.
    It was also the time that an early gearscore-like addon "InventoryOnPar" was introduced.

I was judged very harshly and openly in guild chat for my "score" while still levelling by the then guild leader.

In an unrelated incident I was kicked as an apparent joke, but due to the bad attitudes present I declined when re-invited.

A year and a half-later I was re-invited again "under new management".
    But still got a hostile reaction and even prompted the immediate gquit of one member simply because I was present.

This wasn't even over some accusation of theft or anything else, but simply because I was not a sheep.

Needless to say I have been very critical of what guilds have become, not least with the guild levelling system.

I really hope your experience is going to be better than mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

You don't have to be best bros with the guild master immediately, talking every day. That goal seems kind of weird to me anyway.

From my experience as an officer in a guild, the people in charge are talking to multiple different people at any one time and somehow have to make time to actually play the game itself as well. Just because the guild master isn't giving you all his attention doesn't mean you aren't welcome. It just means he's busy, like almost every other guild master ever.

Why don't you ask your GM instead of us? Just say something like "Hey man, I was wondering if I could come back to the guild and join you guys again. I know some things happened in the past but I'd really like to re-join you guys, if not I completely understand and I can probably find another guild although I'd prefer not to."

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    I think you should probably discuss it out with your guild master.

If you don't feel welcome there I wouldn't go back.
    Well, I'm worried I'm overthinking it and don't want to come off as an asshole because I'm being selfish. Do you think there's cause to worry from my explanation of how he's reacted?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Last Attempt View Post
    Why don't you ask your GM instead of us? Just say something like "Hey man, I was wondering if I could come back to the guild and join you guys again. I know some things happened in the past but I'd really like to re-join you guys, if not I completely understand and I can probably find another guild although I'd not prefer to."
    I asked that the night I reestablished contact and he said it was fine, but I'm a little worried, after recent issues(the response thing), that he was saying that to be polite and may not really want me back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    You don't have to be best bros with the guild master immediately, talking every day. That goal seems kind of weird to me anyway.

From my experience as an officer in a guild, the people in charge are talking to multiple different people at any one time and somehow have to make time to actually play the game itself as well. Just because the guild master isn't giving you all his attention doesn't mean you aren't welcome. It just means he's busy, like almost every other guild master ever.
    Thanks for that response. To be honest, it gives me a bit of perspective on the situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    You would be surprised how long players can keep hold of a grudge, for even "lesser" issues.
    During early wrath I was largely solo levelling as my guild tended to have their "buddy" groups.
    It was also the time that an early gearscore-like addon "InventoryOnPar" was introduced.

I was judged very harshly and openly in guild chat for my "score" while still levelling by the then guild leader.

In an unrelated incident I was kicked as an apparent joke, but due to the bad attitudes present I declined when re-invited.

A year and a half-later I was re-invited again "under new management".
    But still got a hostile reaction and even prompted the immediate gquit of one member simply because I was present.

This wasn't even over some accusation of theft or anything else, but simply because I was not a sheep.

Needless to say I have been very critical of what guilds have become, not least with the guild levelling system.

I really hope your experience is going to be better than mine.
    Either you didnt tell us everything or those guys are some real a-holes :/

Personally i can hold a grudge for a long time but i'm also quick to forgive if i get a sincere apology.

I prolly wouldnt be in a guild where people outright just disliked me though

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Either you didnt tell us everything or those guys are some real a-holes :/

Personally i can hold a grudge for a long time but i'm also quick to forgive if i get a sincere apology.

I prolly wouldnt be in a guild where people outright just disliked me though
    Well, I have no evidence that says the guild dislikes me. I asked the Guild Master if anyone would have a problem with me rejoining, and he said no, but I'm not sure if he was just giving a polite response with the idea that I wouldn't really come back. I just really don't want to accidentally step on any toes or bring up old drama. I just want to raid and have a good time.