Thread: WoD PvP

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoD PvP

Seems Warrior and Mages are in a league of there own with the rest all good but not as amazing..thoughts?

Number tuning isn't finished.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has always been bad a balance from the basic observation that every patch destroys some classes and makes others gods. Be patient, it will go back to hunters and Warlocks, probably Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Number tuning isn't finished.
    This, a million times this, beta is beta. PTR is PTR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shemsu Hov View Post
    Blizzard has always been bad a balance from the basic observation that every patch destroys some classes and makes others gods. Be patient, it will go back to hunters and Warlocks, probably Paladins.
    Not to be a blizzard sympathist but it's not an easy task to balance classes. Perfect, exact balance would require homogenization of everyone.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Seems Warrior and Mages are in a league of there own with the rest all good but not as amazing..thoughts?
    I play a hunter, I hardcounter both. Bring it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Not to be a blizzard sympathist but it's not an easy task to balance classes. Perfect, exact balance would require homogenization of everyone.
    Huntards and warriors were OP in panda beta, they were just as OP when pandas went live, and remained OP until the end of pandas. "This is just beta" excuse doesn't fly. What's OP now in beta will most likely remain OP when wod goes live.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Don't worry, I understand it is difficult considering the diversity of each class(contrary to popular belief). Still, I do find the class balance cycles of each patching amusing, lol. Blizzard seems incapable of ever making all 3 mage specs underpowered like some classes have been at points in other patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Warriors and Mages both seem lackluster, middle of the pack to me. I'd say ferals and DKs are in their own league, but still it's beta so you never know.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Huntards and warriors were OP in panda beta, they were just as OP when pandas went live, and remained OP until the end of pandas. "This is just beta" excuse doesn't fly. What's OP now in beta will most likely remain OP when wod goes live.
    Well, they became LESS OP on live! DIFFERENCE YAY!

Wait, haven't both those classes always been OP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemsu Hov View Post
    Well, they became LESS OP on live! DIFFERENCE YAY!

Wait, haven't both those classes always been OP?
    They were shit for most of cata.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    They were shit for most of cata.
    This counters my statement, so I'll just say you're wrong.

In all seriousness though, every class has their golden age in WoW it seems. The problem being if they nerf one thing, the class could become too underpowered in PvE, if they buff something for PvE it could make them too OP in PvP. That's why games with both PvE and PvP focus have a hard time with balance. It's like trying to appeal to all political parties in the US. It just can't happen.

2.0,3.0,4.0,5.0 all point to the most retarded things go live always.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaeven View Post
    I play a hunter, I hardcounter both. Bring it!
    i am a warrior...never lost to some hunter in 9 years in the raw...in arena/duel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    i am a warrior...never lost to some hunter in 9 years in the raw...in arena/duel
    Same here with warriors.

What will happen: Blizzard will pull out "It is beta! Not finished yet!" until the last minite till release, the balance will be shitfuck as it was always in beginning of the expansion, they will pull out bandaid measures, and then repeat for next expansions until they finally separate PVE and PVP.

- - - Updated - - -

No they will do everything to sure that paladins are nerfed enough before release.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Something is always going to be overpowered and/or broken and/or just stupid. The only question is who gets lucky, and whose spec/class ends up being garbage.

don't worry blizzard loves the noobfest huntards, if its not the million ccs then its going to be something else, so don't worry...
    Spec: i5 4670k - MSI Z87M-G43 - HyperX 8GB -Corsair H100 - GTX 980 ti

Well Tom Chilton is back in charge of class balance, so Warriors, Mages and Holy Paladins will be OP! (and Ret will be butt-f***ed - lol)
    and along with Brian Holinka (who thinks WoW pvp should be an FPS) they have broken most of the other classes nuts..

Will they get fixed - sure they will, Mages will get another FoF charge on Pet-Nova and 2 charges of BrainFreeze! And Warriors will get 16 Intercepts with interupts off the GCD - lol wow pvp balance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trimshadow View Post
    Well Tom Chilton is back in charge of class balance, so Warriors, Mages and Holy Paladins will be OP! (and Ret will be butt-f***ed - lol)
    and along with Brian Holinka (who thinks WoW pvp should be an FPS) they have broken most of the other classes nuts..

Will they get fixed - sure they will, Mages will get another FoF charge on Pet-Nova and 2 charges of BrainFreeze! And Warriors will get 16 Intercepts with interupts off the GCD - lol wow pvp balance!
    This is true. In the past the rpg element take the role in the combat, with steps placed strategically but with ability(eg: arcane missiles used to be 5 sec channeling cast), now is just a cc fest with with the famous "globaled".

I have watched a couple of vids and i played and watched another players dueling, and in my conclusion it seems they dont care anymore about balance. Ret pallys, death knights and rogues can take down people without even touch then in a melee combat, what reminds me "who thinks WoW pvp should be an FPS". Thats almost certainly.

Deleted
    You guys do realize that PvP balance won't even start until PvE tuning is done?