View Poll Results: Which future Legendary item do YOU want to wield?

Voters
77. This poll is closed
  • Mask of Death

10 12.99%
  • Book of Medivh

14 18.18%
  • Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras

4 5.19%
  • Eye of Dalaran

5 6.49%
  • Axe of Cenarius

13 16.88%
  • Glaive of the Aspects

14 18.18%
  • Other (in my comment)

21 27.27%
  • New Lore (Blizz can make a new one up)

14 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What future Legendary item do YOU want?

So, there's been at least 1 Legendary item in every expansion of World of Warcraft so far. Despite this, there's plenty of items "still out there" that have yet to be obtained by players. Below are some of those items, that could potentially be made into future Legendary items. Which would YOU want to wield?

Mask of Death - Helm - Grants Players a Vampiric Aura that converts a % of their attack damage into life.

"This horrific ebony mask is carved in the likeness of a demon's face. Tremendous curved horns sweep up and back out the forehead and around behind the ears, while the fangs seem to glisten as if ready to bite into living flesh. When worn, the eye sockets become covered with a glassy shield that seems to glow red to any observers. When the wearer speaks, their voice utters forth like a guttural growl."

- This presumably could grant a substantial amount of +Leach to the wielder and or a +Leach Aura to Allies as its special ability (on top of the usual large increase to primary/secondary stats).

- Could tie in to a Legion or Scourge expansion as both parties employ Vampiric fighting units.

- Might be created/dropped from prominent Lore figures like the various Nathrezim leaders (Mal'Ganis, Tichondrius, Mephistroth).

Book of Medivh - Off-Hand - Grants Players the chance to call upon the ancient magic of Medivh, the Last Guardian, infusing their abilities with mystical power.

"The only remaining spell book, written by the Last Guardian of Tirisfal, Medivh. A book once used by the Warchief Ner'zhul to summon portals on Draenor, safe-guarded by the Kirin Tor and Archmage Antonidas of Dalaran, and stolen by the Lich King Arthas and his Lieutenant General Kel'Thuzad; it has been lost to time ever since Kel'Thuzad used it to summon Archimonde the Defiler into Azeroth during the Reign of Chaos. Untold secrets lie inside this priceless and enigmatic tome."

- Hypothetically could grant a proc to infuse each wielder's class abilities for a short period of time to do something extra (on top of the usual large increase to primary/secondary stats).

- Could also tie in to a Legion or Scourge expansion as Kel'Thuzad was it's last known owner.

- Might be created by gathering it's papers and re-binding it into a book, or as a drop from some Scourge/Burning Legion General.

Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras - Off-Hand - Grants Players titanic power, enabling restorative balance to the order of life, or to sow unbridled chaos throughout.

"A powerful artifact that used to belong to the Dark Titan Sargeras. A demon in the Tomb of Sargeras located on the Broken Isles held the Scepter until it was killed by Warchief Ner'zhul's henchmen. Ner'zhul used it to create the portals which tore Draenor apart. The scepter was in Ner'zhul's possession when he entered a rift trying to escape Draenor's implosion, only to be caught and ripped apart by Kil'jaedan and his armies. The whereabouts of the Scepter are currently unknown, but speculated to be in Kil'jaedan's possession"

- Hypothetically could grant an additional ability according to a wielder's role which could heal, protect, or damage using Titanic powers (on top of the usual large increase to primary/secondary stats).

- Could tie in to a Legion or Azshara/South Seas expansion as it could be in Kil'jaedan's possession or retconned to still be inside the Tomb of Sargeras on the Broken Isles.

- Might be created by re-assembling pieces of it like Atiesh/Val'anyr or it could drop from whatever demon was originally in possession of it inside the Tomb of Sargeras.

Eye of Dalaran - Trinket - Grants Casters the ability to focus their spells into unimaginable power.

"The Eye of Dalaran is a device that was created by the mages of the human nation of Dalaran to focus their magics in an effort to reconstruct the Violet Citadel that was razed during the Second War. The elder Shaman Ner'zhul, Warchief of the Horde of Draenor, ordered his minion Teron Gorefiend to invade the city of Dalaran, steal the Eye and return with it to Draenor. Ner'zhul desired this artifact to focus the dark powers of the underworld for the creation of his portals. Upon its retrieval by Archmage Khadgar on the imploding Draenor, the eye was lost as his messenger's screams of agony were heard as he went through the portal back to Azeroth. It's current whereabouts are unknown."

- Hypothetically could grant the Caster with a charge-like buff that stacks to a specific # before it's discharged, either acting as an additional ability or further enhancing a used ability (on top of its usual large increase to primary/secondary stats).

- Could tie in to any number of expansion ideas as no one knows where it is.

- Might be bestowed upon the wielder by a faction after proving your worth to them through various trials and tribulations.

Axe of Cenarius - Weapon - Grants Wielders the power of Nature itself. This axe has the sharpness and density of a diamond and is indestructible.

"The Axe of Cenarius is a two-handed, magical wooden axe crafted by Malfurion Stormage, under the direction of the demigod Cenarius, during the War of the Ancients. It was made specifically for the orc Broxigar, and he described it as being like an extension of his own arm. Created using druidic magic, the axe was enchanted to have the sharpness and density of a diamond and would never break. It proved to be able to slice through any foe with ease."

- Hypothetically could grant the wielder any number of Nature's powers. A Thorns-like Aura (Like Druids once had), an Entangle-like proc chance upon hit to ensnare foes, and or a Melee Haste buff due to its incredible light-weightiness. It'd also be Indestructible which is an actual thing now (on top of its usual large increase to primary/secondary stats).

- Could tie in to an Emerald Dream type expansion or be the weapon needed to help take down any number of Legion foes, even Sargeras himself.

- Might be bestowed upon the wielder in several incarnations like Shadowmourne/Tarecgosa after proving your worth through various trials and tribulations.

- Thura (Broxigar's niece) currently owning this can easily be retconned, as well.

Glaive of the Aspects - Weapon - Grants Wielders the force of the combined Aspects of Earth, Time, Magic, Dream, and Life.

"The Glaive of the Aspects is a powerful weapon originally forged by demons during the War of the Ancients. It was imbued with the forces of Earth, Time, Dream, Magic, and Life: powers taken from the mighty dragons themselves. It was shattered into shards after the defeat of Archimonde and his champions at Mount Hyjal. After the reopening of the Dark Portal, Highlord Kruul, under Doom Lord Kazzak's command, set out in search of the shards. They were discovered and the glaive was reforged, however its current whereabouts are unknown."

- Hypothetically could grant the wielder with which ever Aspect's force lines up with their Class or Specialization. This one is wide open with what could be done with it (on top of its usual large increase to primary/secondary stats).

- Could tie in to a Legion type expansion due to it being forged by demons.

- Unless it was shattered again, it's seemingly whole once more (could be retconned) and would probably be a drop from some Legion General.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

There's a whole bunch of other items I didn't include such as but not limited to:

- Scythe of Elune (responsible for the Worgen Curse and can open rifts into space and time)
    - Neptulon's Spear (whoever wields it controls the oceans of Azeroth)
    - Hammer of the Lightbringer (the Legendary Paladin Uther's hammer)
    - Horn of Cenarius (summons Nature, as well as other amazing druidic things)
    - Gorribal/Taeshalac (too large to be wielded by Characters, currently owned by Titans)
    - Felo'melorn (High Elf runeblade, last wielded by Kael'Thas)
    - Ata'mal Crystals (Incredibly powerful shards of Naruu origin bestowed upon the Eredar)
    - Doomstone (Twilight Cult weapon that can absorb large amounts of energy)
    - Arcinonmicon (Malygos' primer to all the ley-lines of Azeroth)
    - Coffer of Promise (one of Azeroth's most important Artifacts, holds the disks that are the actual key to the Re-Origination device)
    - etc, etc, etc

These aren't included in the poll so if you think you'd rather have one of these than the ones mentioned, just choose "Other" in the poll and say so in a comment! Include what you think the item should bestow if you want, too.
    Last edited by TheWorkingTitle; 2015-02-16 at 10:04 AM.

Deleted
    Gorshalach. The most powerful weapon in the Universe.

I'd rather not have powerful lore items like that be given to players.

Deleted
    Sunstrider's Longbow, Frostfathom?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I'd rather not have powerful lore items like that be given to players.
    Well it's not like it'd be the first time. Thunderfury, Corrupted Ashbringer, Atiesh, Gorehowl, Warglaives, Skull of Gul'dan etc.

Deleted
    What about a legendary shield for a change?

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    Sunstrider's Longbow, Frostfathom?
    Never heard of that one. Apparently Lady Vash'j wielded it. A hunter with the icy burst quality the bow has, on top of it's icy ammo talent? @_@ I can hear the QQ's already lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nebth View Post
    You know of any?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Never heard of that one. Apparently Lady Vash'j wielded it. A hunter with the icy burst quality the bow has, on top of it's icy ammo talent? @_@ I can hear the QQ's already lol.

- - - Updated - - -

You know of any?
    Doesn't have to be all from a major character's story. Some are just of rewards for the Legendary deeds.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Doesn't have to be all from a major character's story. Some are just of rewards for the Legendary deeds.
    Meh I'll leave the new ideas up to Blizz. If there's any shields with any substantial lore behind it, I don't know of any.

Defeating Sargeras and reclaiming Gorribal as well as Taeshalach and reforging them into Gorshalach (Reborn) would be one of the most amazing legendary quest lines ever, especially if it was all part of a Legion/Titan expansion. Either sword on their own would be worthy of a quest, but together it would be lore nerd overload.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Defeating Sargeras and reclaiming Gorribal as well as Taeshalach and reforging them into Gorshalach (Reborn) would be one of the most amazing legendary quest lines ever, especially if it was all part of a Legion/Titan expansion. Either sword on their own would be worthy of a quest, but together it would be lore nerd overload.
    I have them in the section below the 6 I wrote about but to get Gorshalach you'd have to not only slay Sargeras but convince Aggramar to give up his weapon, and somehow wield a massive weapon fit for a Titan. It's cool don't get me wrong, but it doesn't really make much sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebth View Post
    Most likely the worst idea EVER, concerning legendaries..

4/34 specs can use a shield.. 2 strength, 2 intellent..
    It would be the most narrow legendary ever produced, if there ever was one, for only 2 specs...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

It would be the most narrow legendary ever produced, if there ever was one, for only 2 specs...
    There was a bow, there were daggers. There hasn't been a tanking legendary since thunderfury (shadowmourne if you count that one for blood DKs). As someone that doesn't even play a tank I support the idea of a legendary shield. Besides, the fact that a legendary caters to a small audience instead of everyone who played the game for over 2 hours a week is part of what makes it legendary.
    Last edited by Pieterman; 2015-02-16 at 01:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not a legendary pole arm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    There was a bow, there were daggers. There hasn't been a tanking legendary since thunderfury (shadowmourne if you count that one for blood DKs). As someone that doesn't even play a tank I support the idea of a legendary shield. Besides, the fact that a legendary caters to a small audience instead of everyone who played the game for over 2 hours a week is part of what makes it legendary.
    As someone tanking (nondruid) if you want to play the "waiting in line" card you have a LONG way to go behind enhancement/feral - which conveniently both tie monk in which while new, technically hasn't had a legendary.

Thunderfury is pretty much the most powerful legendary players have ever obtained stats wise. It was BiS from the start of one expansion to midway through the next. It then continues to crop up every expansion until it gets nerfed/fixed again due to how broken it just tends to be. - For tanks (non bear) specifically. Sulfuras was replaced later in content or otherwise before you even reached 70 if you were fortunate enough to get it but didn't raid much further.

Blizzard named gorehowl as a possibility for a draenor specific legendary (rather than universal such as the ring) - pretty much shows they don't give a shit about making sure everyone gets them evenly and over fair amounts of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I want Legendaries to really feel significant. For example, I've always thought that Gorehowl should be a Legendary weapon ( but then again at least it is transmoggable ). It's a weapon that competes in terms of fame with the Warglaives of Azzinoth, Sulfuras, Thunderfury, etc. Also it is the weapon of the main antagonist of the current expansion.

I thorougly dislike the idea of made-up legendaries. I know they all are technically, but it makes much more sense to me if a Legendary weapon or item has solid background story behind it and that story wasn't created just a month or so before the item itself... Val'anyr, Thori'dal ( although I do like this Legendary a lot ), Shadowmourne, Legendary cloak, Legendary ring, Dragonwrath, the Legendary daggers, excuse me if I am wrong, but as far as I know these were all made-up with the expansion/patch and weren't part of the lore beforehands. I don't know about the Warglaives of Azzinoth, but Illidan wielding those two was like the most iconic thing about TBC, he was on the box's art ( not the front but inside ), he was in the cinematic, everyone knew about his swords and many probably wanted to have them. They existed before they became a legendary item. TBH, my favourite kind of legendaries are the ones that are the main antagonist's weapon and they have 1% drop chance from that boss in his respective raid tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idc what it is as long as it's a weapon. Rings/capes are just lame. I bet 7.0 will have legendary neck.

Deleted
    Something we can actually see.

The legendary ring for Warlords is so cheap. Imagine all the awesome legendary looks you can get with a ... ring ... oh wait none because it's invisible.

The Pandaria cloak was bad enough, but a ring is even worse. If 7.0 is a neck I will be sad.

Also I agree with Silverrendy.

I got Shadowmourne during Wrath and it just wasn't anywhere near as exciting as the feeling where you look at Illidan/Rag/Garr/Geddon's loot window and see a flash of orange.

I know the 1% drops didn't require "skill" and were just luck or how much ass kissing you did to officers/GM to get, but ... they were still rare. And special. And even though I never got the Vanilla/TBC ones when they were current I was in raids where they dropped and people were so excited even though they knew they almost certainly wouldn't get the item.

That excitement has gone. The question of whether you would find an amazing rare item your guiuldmate could carry around as a banner of your guild's awesomeness is somewhat diluted when getting the item is never in question.

"You can earn X numbers of Shadowmournes if you clear Y number of heroic ICCs before the launch of Cata" just wasn't as cool.
    Last edited by mmoc2526a559a9; 2015-02-16 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Well it's not like it'd be the first time. Thunderfury, Corrupted Ashbringer, Atiesh, Gorehowl, Warglaives, Skull of Gul'dan etc.
    To me it just feels like the weapons get sucked up into a lore blackhole and are never seen or heard from again.

Unless Blizzard gives them to a lore character later, but then people complain about that.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

Sorry to be really pedantic, but 5 specs: 2 strenght and 3 intellect. (Prot[W] & Prot[P]; Resto[S], Ele & Holy[P]).
    Wouldn't be excessively niche if it did an intellect/int stat swap (even if no WoD shield does this to date).
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.