10+ Year Old Account

Wink What do you often think about/consider?

I'm talking about something that very often fills your mind, some idea or thing or concept or whatever that you've been aware of for a while.

Ever since I began reading A Song of Ice and Fire, I've thought constantly about what it would be like to take my current 2014 self and stick me in medieval times, or to take someone like Brienne or Jaime and just have them live with me following me around on my day-to-day. I imagine what they would think when they first got into a car, the first time they boiled water on an electric Oven, trying to explain things like electricity, like debit cards, hell, like how we don't all need weapons and bodyguards, how everyone seems to know a little bit about everything, how there's actually not a lot of visible strife. The clothes we wear, the songs we sing, the way we speak and the terms we use and the mostly petty and irrelevant problems that we let get to us, they'd call it all into question, and I find that really interesting.

And in regards to me going back to medieval times or Westeros or something like that, I think about if my phone, if my bike or my current knowledge would get me very far. Would my phone's light or calculator really help out in those times? Obviously it would die pretty quickly unless I had some way of recharging it, but then my current knowledge, the mind of a 21 year old, how useful would I be? I don't feel like I'm especially intelligent, but how much more intelligent would I be compared to someone from the 1500s? I can read, write, I can handle money, I can problem solve, I've got a typical elementary and secondary education...would I be valuable? Or would my lack of knowledge regarding the basics of medieval life make me seem useless? Could I adapt to the language? Could they adapt to ours?

That's really the big one, thinking about me in ye olde days and someone from those same days in 2014. Other than that, I think about dogs a lot. Their noses and paws and stuff. Dogs are the best.

One more thing that I think about but try not to is what the world will be like in ~30 years, how automation will change us, how the cities and places I know will change. I figure there's no need to rush into thinking about that though, just give it time and it'll become reality.

So what do you guys think about? Is there something that you very often recall during lunch breaks or while daydreaming? Is there some topic you and your friends constantly discuss?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Why do I lose so many jobs and relationships?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Naked hot women. Next question.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.