Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    What about Hecarim?
    Not too bad, not too good either

Deleted
    Well, xin is pretty damn strong. Going to ban him every time I can.

Went with Kat. She's pretty weak unless she's ascended.

Going Morg now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Well, xin is pretty damn strong. Going to ban him every time I can.

Went with Kat. She's pretty weak unless she's ascended.

Going Morg now.
    Every Kata I've had in my team was destroying everything. She's insanely strong even if not ascended.

Renekton is crazy good on ascension yh. Just did my final ascension match for the 5 wins icon, and managed to get the perfect ascension one aswell. I just went cleaver and then full tank, and it seemed to work out awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel
    I have actually combined a list of champions that need to be banned in order to have enjoyable game of Ascension:

Jax, Poppy, Teemo, Rammus, Zed, Vayne, Vukong, Fiddle, Renekton, Nasus, Yasuo, Galio, Alistair, Fizz, Fiora, Karthus, Kassadin, Katarina, Kha'zix, Master Yi, Rengar, Syndra, Talon and Xin Zhao.
    How do you play Nasus on a map you can't farm Q?

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    How do you play Nasus on a map you can't farm Q?
    AP probably.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Poppy is annoying as shit. I hate him with burning passion since all the poppys in all the games I've played have been able to snipe the xerath buff, but heaven fucking forbid I might be able to do it with voli....

- - - Updated - - -

I have actually combined a list of champions that need to be banned in order to have enjoyable game of Ascension:

Jax, Poppy, Teemo, Rammus, Zed, Vayne, Vukong, Fiddle, Renekton, Nasus, Yasuo, Galio, Alistair, Fizz, Fiora, Karthus, Kassadin, Katarina, Kha'zix, Master Yi, Rengar, Syndra, Talon and Xin Zhao.

So with some basic math we need 10 more bans for each team for this game mode to work.
    You forgot Amumu.

Zed, Teemo, Vayne, Fiddle, Yasuo, Galio, Alistar, Fizz, Karthus, Kassadin and Syndra have been no problem at all for me. They weren't bad or anything, but when you play Pantheon or actually stick with your team they're easy as hell. Especially the fear for Yasuo makes me scratch my head. Every game against Yasuo he was so easy to take out...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    Every Kata I've had in my team was destroying everything. She's insanely strong even if not ascended.
    Maybe my way of playing her is just different but it's pretty much impossible to do anything against all these xins, chos and Gnars...

Deleted
    Just play whatever you are best on in this mode. If you have mad skills on a champ that can 1v1 you will win.

I just chill on the skillless Xin like a man. Stupid dmg, close people down since everyone decides to be a squishy ad/ap carry, rotate between the top points zzzzz, 100 points later you have carried your zerging headless team.

15+ Year Old Account
    I should try Zed, he's one of my best assassin/fighters - plus his passive would probably do real work on Xerath kill snipes

Vi is another option I haven't seen anyone play yet - and I think we may be missing out on something pretty big here - she's one of the bruisiest / high mobility / fistssassins in the game - this is a Vi day!

Yasuo keeps getting banned, and whenever he doesn't get banned there is a Yasuo on both teams - and they both suck. The Yasuo bans are super baffling to me too - in theory I could see why people expect him to be strong - but in practice I haven't seen it yet.

Has anyone seen a Fiddlesticks yet? He's kind of a monster of the jungle, either 1v1 or crowstormed into teamfights with nowhere to run. I could see him dominating the fighting, and only suffering in his ability to point-capture since he's so slow.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2014-09-12 at 01:48 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    Took a squishy, died before I could cast anything. Took a Tank, died before I could see who was attacking me.

Something is either extremely bugged or something else is wrong, but I did 3 games and lost all 3 due to stupid teammates and other random shit (Akali 2shotting everyone at lvl 3, Amumu 1v3ing)
    Friendly reminder that Akali has insane damage at all levels and the only reason she has a "weak" lane phase is the lack of gap closer pre-6.

Friendly reminder that AP Amumu does 500-ish damage in an aoe with a short CD that is shortened by people AAing him. Friendly reminder that he has a 7ish% MAX health per sec aoe. Friendly reminder that his ult does like 900 and prevents attacks for a short time.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have absolutely fallen in love with this game type. I hope it stays.

Been ripping it up on my Caitlyn, now giving Xerath a run.

Fun as hell, Riot, please keep!
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

I have 0 clue how to play Xin Zhao. I 2v4d the fed Karma and Darius along with Zed and Nunu with my Kha'zix teammate. I had like 30 kills with him. This is dumb.

Deleted
    Brand because long range and devastating dmg
    Talon and other assasins
    Volibear
    Karthus, Vlad
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-09-12 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I have 0 clue how to play Xin Zhao. I 2v4d the fed Karma and Darius along with Zed and Nunu with my Kha'zix teammate. I had like 30 kills with him. This is dumb.
    E -Q - W - R

GG you killed everyone.

Nidalee is even more stupid.

Spear? Oh damn, you missed? WHO CARES! Just leap on people because they forget that Triforce Nidalee 3/4 hits you with her Q. Oh, they got ascended? LOL Jump Q and dead. Land a spear? WELL that's a dead person. 100%. You get ascended? Prepare for the literal 1 shot Qs.

- - - Updated - - -

After testing, Pantheon cannot ult into his fountain. He will drop in the same place he currently is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I raep Nidas on mah Taric. Seriously, passive gold gain is SO good, starting with a tear and rushing IBG into Muramana, throw some shit like RoA and spirit visage and you are undying healing and CC machine (as long as you stay in melee range) which can 1v1 almost anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, heroes without targeted skills (Xerath, Vel'Koz, Zyra) feels very good on this map thanks to limited vision. All you need is your allies to spot enemies for you, and you can throw shit over the walls on enemies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Brand because long range and devastating dmg
    Talon and other assasins
    Volibear
    Karthus, Vlad
    I got Ascended + triple kill as Brand enemy was killing Xerath while I sat in the bushes below them, when Xerath was low I W - E - R combo'd them, stole the Xerath kill and 3 of them dead.

But I'm finally done with Ascension. Got my 5 wins + Perfect win (Skarner ftw).

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Haven't played him yet but i can imagine yi being a bloody nuisance, when is he not though.
    Been playing zed, and i def feel like I have the edge over most