Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I am guessing the mode de'jour for demon bolt and dfury is 'haste will fix it'.
    But I really doubt it will.
    Last starfighter: great name, straight out of my childhood...I just don't agree, played a lock a long while, still hate some of the changes.
    But, I'm even more pissed they freaked out and slammed the door on role changing glyphs.
    Such a candle snuff to something that could have really developed the game and offered more choice.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    Don't worry. They'll notice when the numbers for the class drop massively after MoP boosted them.

They pissed off a lot of old Locks with MoP changes. Now they piss the remaining ones off even more and drive the new crowd out of the class.

If I wasn't a Warlock player for over 10 years (US Beta Start) I'd find their lack of understanding amusing.
    Good, hopefully the majority of the boosted Warlocks will get shelved or relegated to farming duty. No Warlock should be doing only 20k to 30k dps in the 5.4.8 build in ilvl 483 gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Good, hopefully the majority of the boosted Warlocks will get shelved or relegated to farming duty. No Warlock should be doing only 20k to 30k dps in the 5.4.8 build in ilvl 483 gear.
    I wouldn't mind FOTM people leaving again if we were still complex. But right now the class looks like someone broke it into pieces and kitted it together the wrong way trying to make a Mage. Where are the days of Recklessness/Elements switching on a feared targeted to prevent them from running into enemy groups?!

I just miss the complexity we had compared to most other classes (one of the main points putting people off about locks and the main reason they dumbed the class down to be more accessible). Right now I feel like I could hit my face on my keyboard and do competitive DPS (if the number tuning was actually properly done).

Also wondering when Last Starfighter ever posted anything that was actually relevant in the Lock section.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    If half of what you said was true, those top guild warlocks should already know that all the damage tuning hasn't been finished yet and complaining about being 'the lowest' is kind of silly.
    Isn't that what Beta is for? People complain about dps numbers so they get adjusted. That is the cycle. And I've been hearing that Destro and Affliction are good with spread damage but totally sucks in single target, barely beating tanks. I'm not sure how accurate that is, or how true.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2014-09-12 at 09:12 AM.

Deleted
    Currently I'm just annoyed that when compared to a mage, our mobility is worse, our options for CC (especially aoe) are worse, and while our self healing has been reigned in, the flavor hp cost spells have not been adjusted accordingly. A 2 minute cd that removes magic debuffs and costs 20% of max hp was acceptable with MoP levels of self heal, but in WoD I could imagine some healers being very frustrated with the warlock who keeps "taking damage". Oh, and lastly, our only raid utility is binary in nature. Either it is worthless, or it is "necessary". And even when it can be used, it is clunky and annoying to use for other players, compared to amp magic, aspect of the fox, tranq, etc., since they just buff everyone.

Edit: To explain the CC thing further, I have often been the guy who had to slow packs of mobs with a hunter or mage, and having ring of frost, blizzard, ice trap, etc, just seems so much better than shadow fury + potentially AoE conflag (Does affliction even have anything any longer?).
    Last edited by mmoc738030ea5a; 2014-09-12 at 09:23 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Locks have had their souls removed for sure. There is nothing creative or forward thinking about the changes Damage nerfs can be changed quickly if needed but core removal of what each class is about once its happened we know it takes months sometimes years to sort out. Once the Fun of Garrisons dies down and people are settled focus will return on WOD and what its longterm offerings are there is no way the classes will be left like this its got disaster written all over it because the arrogance they are showing at Genuine concerns prove the development team need a massive shakeup

I don't get why they don't just nomilize the classes, all classes just do "auto attack" wich means weapon dmg x AP or SP no matter what spells you cast, everyone is equal on dmg meter = everybody is happy

Yes this means all spells and abilities are now purely cosmatic/visual effects that don't actually increase your dmg. Auto attack is the only dmg

Agree with Xaragoth and Oathy.

I am disappointed about the numbers, but those may still receive tuning. What is really sad to see is how dumbed down the class has become in MoP and even more in WoD! Sure we had similar core spells, but we had many situation specific optional spell as well. Warlocks USED to be a complex class to play and it was a lot of fun prior to MoP. Really miss the BC, Wrath, and Cata lock. There used to be tons of abilities and different effects that interacted and it gave a lot of room for skilled players to really shine, but the class has been completely stripped to something not even engaging to play anymore.

Warlocks core essence has been removed give us back some complexity. We need more overlapping abilities between specs.
    Last edited by Kash; 2014-09-12 at 03:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to months ago when Alpha first launched.

Everyone hates their classes now, and Blizzard are preeeetty retarded.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    I think they're trying to hard to move WoW towards a GW2/Diablo 3 approach. Less abilities and closer in terms of how mechanics work across classes. But that is exactly why I don't play either game anymore. Back in Classic/TBC/Wrath you could jump into another class and it'd play vastly different to your own. These days for a lot of them I feel like I'm playing a slightly altered copy of another classes Spec. And that's bad for the games health.

See that is the exact opposite approach they should be taking. If I worked at Blizzard I would want each class to be unique and have very different play styles, through more abilities and different mechanics. Also, class difficulty to play should not be equal either. Certain classes should be more challenging to play than others, and reward players with skill with extra dps. Lazy or noob players could play the easier classes and players that want more challenge could play a class with more abilities that has a higher skill cap. Right now with these simple rotations, dps output is not linear with the player skill but instead hits a plateau because.... well... ITS NOT HARD TO EXECUTE A 3-5 BUTTON ROTATION. There are exceptions like multi-dotting and using interrupts, but other those occasions pretty trivial and boring.

Or better yet heres an idea. Come out with scenarios for each class that are unique to the classes and challenging to do/scale with ilvl and make them similar to the lock green fire scenario. If a player is good enough to complete they earn an additional ability that boosts their numbers. That way players who are good enough can get a slightly more complicated rotation and more dps by first proving themselves. Would. Be. Epic.
    Last edited by Kash; 2014-09-12 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    You can still be a good player and a FoTM reroller and still whine about no more big crits. Again, people love being overpowered. No surprise there.

I like how you quoted the post you quoted, but entirely ignored the one I'm quoting below. No surprise there.

Really? In the 3 primary warlock threads we have at least a dozen or more warlocks from top guilds as well as some of the highest ranked warlocks in the game currently contributing their thoughts about the changes to the class, most of which are negative. Our damage is bottom of the pack with 2 specs and our raid utility was gutted. Just because affliction is currently a passable spec doesn't mean that Destruction should do the same damage as a tank single target and that demonology deserves to be even lower than that.
    Last edited by woodydave44; 2014-09-12 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    And caster mobility without a doubt needed hammered into the ground. Want mobility? Play melee.
    I have to read this drivel about toning down caster mobility from devs and other people so much, and it is such a stupid thing to say i am wondering if they actually think one second before spouting it: Caster mobility in general wasn't changed at all, it was just Warlocks and Ele Shamans who got fucked, some classes and specs did even get more options. So can we please stop repeating this nonsense that caster mobility had to be nerfed?
    Last edited by luckydevours; 2014-09-12 at 06:20 PM.
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

10+ Year Old Account
    You all are scaring me.
    I've been in every beta since wrath, oddly no invite for this one, but everything I read about my precious lock makes me worried.
    I'm going to stick through it, because I've always been a dot class fan (Unholy Dk, Spriest, and Boomkin are my alts.) and always mained a Lock.

But from what I see I'll be on my toes in WoD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

I don't really care about numbers/dps that will always change. The top dps class for one expansion/patch may change with the following patch/expansion. I use to play my warlock in cata back when the lock population seemed to be at their lowest and I still loved playing them. Yes doing massive damage is fun, but it doesn't make/break a class for me.

I pretty much care only about the actual gameplay or style and flavor of the class. I won't miss casting the curses that much but, not having them feels like the class lost something theme wise. Same goes for losing fel flame or the loss of carrion swarm and void ray for demo, which to me were my favorite demo spells.those along with the metamorphosis spell screamed,"I mastered demonic magic like no other!!".

I gotta say I am glad that the basics of the warlocks class mechanics have stayed the same. I loved the revamp they got in MoP and am super glad they aren't changing the basics of the class that much.

Going to miss CoE. Would use it when I soloed old raids to pull a shit load of trash to a certain point and ae them down. Also use it for soloing out doors and 5 mans for the same reason lol.

Deleted
    Good point. Soloing is gonna be a pain in the ass since we have no instants to pull a bunch of trash together to nuke down. At least not without losing out on the Aoe Burst of Conflag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    Don't worry. They'll notice when the numbers for the class drop massively after MoP boosted them.

They pissed off a lot of old Locks with MoP changes. Now they piss the remaining ones off even more and drive the new crowd out of the class.

If I wasn't a Warlock player for over 10 years (US Beta Start) I'd find their lack of understanding amusing.
    I dropped the lock after the movement change, it's just not worth it. Blizzard can't figure out if they want a crazy pyromancer, or a tanky heavy hitter. The class almost had a style, so many times, but they end up fucking it up. Affliction and demonology don't need movement, but I feel like destruction does.

It's a bigger blow that icey flows is so so so much better than the crappy KJC which is only meant to save a long chaos bolt cast every minute.. Which is absolutely worthless

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    Welcome to months ago when Alpha first launched.

Everyone hates their classes now, and Blizzard are preeeetty retarded.
    A few seem fine. The only issue with the warlock changes. is it feels a bit odd. The class just doesn't feel much unlike a mage. Except a mage generally does better, has a significantly better utility kit. is more mobile. And has new spell effects for frost and arcane

The only fun spec is demonology, but unless they have a ToT trinket every patch, it'll always underperform the others
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2014-09-13 at 02:16 AM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Underscore View Post
    - Debuffs are gone. Coming from a class that was "the debuffer" we finally got to a point were our debuffing capabilities resume to 3 dots. Would be interesting to make a list of all the abilities we lost to merges/talents/removals across expansions...
    A dot and a debuff are functionally the same, they're a thing you put up and don't let drop because it's better DPS. Are you referring to the loss of CoTE? That thing was retarded, cost only a GCD and had a huge duration, it was nothing but a minor nuisance and a waste of a button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    A dot and a debuff are functionally the same, they're a thing you put up and don't let drop because it's better DPS. Are you referring to the loss of CoTE? That thing was retarded, cost only a GCD and had a huge duration, it was nothing but a minor nuisance and a waste of a button.
    It was still massively part of the class identity. Sometimes having something annoying is necessary to make something feel a lot better overall.

Good example is inventory management in the earlier Resident Evil games - or the typewriter saves. These things make the games what they are. You might not always like it, but if they are gone, it will suddenly feel quite empty.