Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well my destro lock is barely scratched:

http://i.imgur.com/lZAnvaR.jpg

My main buttons are 1-4, F1-F4 and F5-F6 for CDs. Untouched. Defensives go on the right, I lose Twilight Ward and health funnel for some reason. CoTE and fel flame of course are gone. Now HF and FF were handy for levelling and such but otherwise were rarely used. TW had some use occasionally. Only other thing is Curse of Enfeeblement, which I can't for the life of me remember ever using.

One new button for KJC. Sigh. Well couldn't stay OP forever I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    It was still massively part of the class identity. Sometimes having something annoying is necessary to make something feel a lot better overall.
    It was part of the identity a long time ago and long since ceased to have meaning. It did NOT feel better, it felt like a clunky leftover they simply didn't have the heart to cut like they should have.

CoTE should've been removed in MoP or earlier. It wasn't even good as flavour anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It was part of the identity a long time ago and long since ceased to have meaning. It did NOT feel better, it felt like a clunky leftover they simply didn't have the heart to cut like they should have.

CoTE should've been removed in MoP or earlier. It wasn't even good as flavour anymore.
    First of all: My god that UI makes my eyes bleed.

It should never have lost meaning for Warlocks. The class was original designed as a debuffer, with some smaller nuke potential to finish people off, a selection of minions and some self-healing. One of our biggest core values has been lost with MoP and that was to use the souls of those we slay to increase our own power (Affliction has it, but it's a joke compared to how much it was at the core of the class before). That identity as a caster that first weakens their enemies and then finishes them with their friends soul/a big blast of fire/their demonic servant was what made us. Sure, Demo needed the overhaul to be much more about 'exploit your demon', but it basically became the old Destruction with Meta on top.

Personally I think even if Xelnath brought some much needed quality of life changes, he sacrificed way too much of what made the class what it was for many. And now we pay the price for that with WoD, because not only did we lose what made the class what it is, on top we also lose a bunch more.

Pretty sure quite a few Mages think the same about losing their cross-over abilities like Cone of Cold as well right now. There's going to be a bunch of people who celebrate it, but it will cost the class another set of excellent players in the long run. It cost us a few very good Lock players as well in MoP. Probably more with WoD.

I really don't look forward to 7.0

Glued to the ground? Like...how casting has been almost forever up until now?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they're trying to hard to move WoW towards a GW2/Diablo 3 approach. Less abilities and closer in terms of how mechanics work across classes. But that is exactly why I don't play either game anymore. Back in Classic/TBC/Wrath you could jump into another class and it'd play vastly different to your own. These days for a lot of them I feel like I'm playing a slightly altered copy of another classes Spec. And that's bad for the games health.
    This is exactly what is happening and it's really fucking disgusting. But Blizzard has made it clear, they want this to happen, and it will. I'm about to stop maining a lock after eight years of maining one because of how terrible they have become.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underscore View Post
    So why the hell do we have a demon form anw???
    Not even sure why they gave you guys demon form in the first place.

Demon form is most associated with Demon Hunters and Warlocks aren't Demon Hunters.

Warlocks enslave demons ... not become one themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Not even sure why they gave you guys demon form in the first place.

Demon form is most associated with Demon Hunters and Warlocks aren't Demon Hunters.

Warlocks enslave demons ... not become one themselves.
    To completely understand something, you must become it. It's a perfect fit for demonology.

Yeah it's not about power, it's about how the class *feels*. When I made my Warlock nearly 10 years ago, it's because I was sold on the coolness of a debuffer class with massive demons. The thing I signed up to play is almost unrecognizable now - it's just a glorified shadow mage
    Chiqaboom / Proudmoore-US

10+ Year Old Account
    OMGH they removed Fel Flame and Affliction does not snapshot anymore and we can't faceroll over the keyboard while jumping around and are back to the casting style that for some reason was okay for 8 years and suddenly became not okay now and branded as "identity loss" because REASONS and STUFF!

THE SKY IS FALLING, OUR IDENTITY IS BEING TRAMPLED!!!1 Blizzard wut u do???

This thread makes me vomit. It's like MoP beta all over again... what happened? I thought we "lost our identity" back then?? We are not supposed to have any now, if the last year QQers were right, no?

Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2014-09-13 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    Unfortunately the dumbing down, the abilities and depth removal is universal, although I agree with you that we may suffer even more than other classes, because as you wrote we lost our arsenal for mobility & class homogenization (probably Blizzard's biggest autogoal) & now mobility is taken away without compensations.

I would love seeing Celestalon do WoD duels as warlock, especially against warriors and rogues.

Not talking about DPS before they end up the tuning phase, although the latter demonology nerfs seem to indicate they can't tell apart a bug from inbalance.
    Since this would probably be the most pointless thing to ever happen, why? It has been reinforced again, and again, and again, and again and no one seems to get understand but they do not balance around 1v1. Although if locks are really having trouble in that now, all I have to say is 'about time'.

I also don't understand why people think that they should be compensated when their power creep is nerfed to bring the game back in balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiquihuite View Post
    Yeah it's not about power, it's about how the class *feels*. When I made my Warlock nearly 10 years ago, it's because I was sold on the coolness of a debuffer class with massive demons. The thing I signed up to play is almost unrecognizable now - it's just a glorified shadow mage
    Wait, so exactly what they were in BC, one of the most popular expansions? Maybe they really are getting back to their roots with WoD.
    Last edited by Woceip; 2014-09-13 at 11:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    It has been reinforced again, and again, and again, and again and no one seems to get understand but they do not balance around 1v1.
    Exactly... people just don't seem to grasp this. It needs to be a loading screen tip or something, in CAPS.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    To completely understand something, you must become it. It's a perfect fit for demonology.
    So to be a good slave driver, you must become a slave yourself?

What kind of logic is that? Controlling demons and being a demon /w demon powers, are 2 completely different skill sets. Demon hunters can't control demons.

Also why the heck would you transform yourself into something you know how to actively enslave? Thereby inheriting all it's weaknesses. Some of which you actively use against them to enslave them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I haven't enjoyed my Warlock since WoTLK ended. I miss 3.2 Affliction and I hate how every class has to have some type of class bar these days.
    I loved affliction in wrath. It just doesn't feel the same in Mists. But they are screwing with the class so much, that this time it doesn't even feel the same across the expansion. At least Cata changes felt stable. They removed a few of my for fun builds while screwing around in the world during Mists and in between my frequent breaks.

Don't worry. They'll notice when the numbers for the class drop massively after MoP boosted them.

They pissed off a lot of old Locks with MoP changes. Now they piss the remaining ones off even more and drive the new crowd out of the class.

If I wasn't a Warlock player for over 10 years (US Beta Start) I'd find their lack of understanding amusing.
    I hope they realize a large portion of the migration to locks was because of their overall strengths in raiding utility and being damage powerhouses, not just the redesign.

To be clear, I think destruction feels better than it ever has and demo for the most part as well; both specs I hadn't cared for previously. For me that is a consolation prize for turning me away from my favorite spec in the game since I picked up a lock in early wrath.

I think locks will go back to cata representation or lower from the current phase of damage tuning and loss of raid utility, if they go live close to as is. They don't play like Wrath/Cata, they don't play like Mists (beginning or end) ... so who is left but diehard, masochist locks like Xaragoth the Tortured?

Sucks that every time I read about a class it's for the worse and one that I play

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    You can still be a good player and a FoTM reroller and still whine about no more big crits. Again, people love being overpowered. No surprise there.
    Where has anyone complained about crits in this thread? Did I miss it?

Lock since vanilla btw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    What kind of logic is that? Controlling demons and being a demon /w demon powers, are 2 completely different skill sets. Demon hunters can't control demons.
    Fel Magic has always corrupted it's users heavily - that really is no news. Usually it leads to mutations (see those Fel BEs back in TBC, the revised Eredar Lore, etc), but since that'd be too much work for the game and really just work as a passive visual (and skill), we instead have Meta. It's a problem of representation vs gameplay. And gameplay trumps for Blizzard these years. Basically you can for a short time ascend to demonhood, which are really friggin powerful beings on the higher ranks of the power chain. Kanrethad is a good example of this, since he permanently became a demon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This thread makes me vomit. It's like MoP beta all over again... what happened? I thought we "lost our identity" back then?? We are not supposed to have any now, if the last year QQers were right, no?
    Fel Flame and Identity loss were seperate matters to begin with. MoP robbed us of a big chunk of it and that shit didn't fly with a lot of us already. Now we have to endure the bullshit and the few things that made it at least still fun gameplay wise (especially in relation to PvP) are now gone. Obviously we're pissed.

It has been reinforced again, and again, and again, and again and no one seems to get understand but they do not balance around 1v1. Although if locks are really having trouble in that now, all I have to say is 'about time'.
    They do balance around 1v1. Not perfectly, no. But they do. Their main focus is still how 3v3 plays. Problem is in the current iterration a few of the caster classes are unplayable in PvP, regardless of composition, simply because they are designed like shit for it. This isn't a unique problem for Warlocks right now. Everyone except Mages suffers from nerf-bias to a certain degree. Shadow and Elemental are right there with us.

If you really think any slightly competent balance designer would allow one class to utterly destroy another without that class having a chance to fight back by playing well, then you are delusional. Or the designer shouldn't have their job, because they are shit at it.

I also don't understand why people think that they should be compensated when their power creep is nerfed to bring the game back in balance.
    It's not a problem of power per se. While Demo and Destro right now do perform in the near range of Tanks, that's not the issue. It's an issue of gameplay fun foremost. And that shit you can't fix with just tweaking numbers a little. And it's not a compensation, it's making a pure class with no raid utility actually deal damage.

Also last I checked Warriors were still broken as fuck 3rd expansion in a row. Talk about nerfing Powercreep.

Wait, so exactly what they were in BC, one of the most popular expansions? Maybe they really are getting back to their roots with WoD.
    BC was the most popular because of it's content being fresh in a time where things were going quite stale. It introduced a massive amount of new stuff to the game. But certainly it wasn't popular with Warlocks. All we did was cast fucking Shadowbolt all expansion. Wrath and Cata were both far more beloved for the class.
    Last edited by mmoc72f1823250; 2014-09-13 at 11:51 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine the bulk of committed raiders or PVP'ers that play locks are holding their breath as to what's going to happen when WoD goes live, raid spots, is it fun anymore to play a lock, pvp suck etc. I imagine it will go live in a terrible state, as it is at the moment, then get all sorts of tweaks and we’ll end up more-or-less back to the first patch in MoP, granted no snapshotting, that was a bit of a no brainer to remove and re-balance, just the rest of the way a lock plays at the moment is mind boggling. Yes we'll suck at the start, but it can't last for long, surely?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dissidence View Post
    I imagine the bulk of committed raiders or PVP'ers that play locks are holding their breath as to what's going to happen when WoD goes live, raid spots, is it fun anymore to play a lock, pvp suck etc. I imagine it will go live in a terrible state, as it is at the moment, then get all sorts of tweaks and we’ll end up more-or-less back to the first patch in MoP, granted no snapshotting, that was a bit of a no brainer to remove and re-balance, just the rest of the way a lock plays at the moment is mind boggling. Yes we'll suck at the start, but it can't last for long, surely?
    Depends how often they patch. Usually major patches bring revisions. So, at least a few months. And with only two Raid Tiers this time around, it might be longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    Unfortunately the dumbing down, the abilities and depth removal is universal, although I agree with you that we may suffer even more than other classes, because as you wrote we lost our arsenal for mobility & class homogenization (probably Blizzard's biggest autogoal) & now mobility is taken away without compensations.
    My favourite time for raiding was BC and back then ALL classes were far more simple then than they are in WOD.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Going to miss CoE. Would use it when I soloed old raids to pull a shit load of trash to a certain point and ae them down. Also use it for soloing out doors and 5 mans for the same reason lol.
    its the wierd thing to miss, aff and demo you can use Corr for the same propose, destro your are sol thou.

Coe gone is actualy pretty good, means we dont have to waste a GCD at pvp to do the damage we are supposed to

If I wasn't a Warlock player for over 10 years (US Beta Start) I'd find their lack of understanding amusing.
    Well i played in triple vanilla beta in a different universe on an alternate beta with no keyboard and no mouses!!!! Im so coolio

- - - Updated - - -

They will fix us. Itll either be in the next 3 weeks or 3 weeks into wod. Typical blizz...