Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

PTR and frost downtime

So I've been playing around a bit on the PTR and having heard all these scary stories of frost down time I have to say I haven't really noticed it.
    I used the pre made character as opposed to my own copied character so I could have a go with a lower gear level and reduced haste levels.
    I even ported to acharius since there's hardly anyone there and barely any lag when wacking a dummy.

Is anyone else noticing this? Or is it just down to how the stat weights play out at 100 that slows us down?

Blood on the other hand I won't comment on yet.

Frost actually gained up time, we have less spots of nothing to do and when we do they are 2+ seconds shorter.
    Last edited by krunksmash; 2014-09-12 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    Frost actually gained up time, we have less spots of nothing to do and when we do they are 2+ seconds shorter.

I'm curious as to what you're doing on live where you have downtime? Are you 2H? If so, I guess that makes sense. DW on live has virtually no downtime, however when I played on the Beta, I was greeted by a huge 2 second window once in a while.

More or less it's because the changes made to frost are made to be tuned at level 100 not 90. Hard to see how things are at a level where you don't have the same things to factor in as in WoD

You wont experience the downtime until level 100ish. Played on PTR stuff feels so much quicker than BETA at level 100. Like stupidly quicker, but i have a silly amount of haste on kit and as Maxweii said its not tuned for 90 anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Kikisamoa View Post
    So I've been playing around a bit on the PTR and having heard all these scary stories of frost down time I have to say I haven't really noticed it.
    I used the pre made character as opposed to my own copied character so I could have a go with a lower gear level and reduced haste levels.
    I even ported to acharius since there's hardly anyone there and barely any lag when wacking a dummy.

Is anyone else noticing this? Or is it just down to how the stat weights play out at 100 that slows us down?

Blood on the other hand I won't comment on yet.
    Because you've likely got haste.

For those with Beta access, what percentage of haste do you have with the WoD PvP gear? I would like to get a realistic feel for the kind of downtime we will start the expansion.

At 660 ilvl during testing, I had about 35% haste as Unholy without gearing for it.

I would say....wait til level 100 before you talk about downtime. With the 5% haste most likely being removed from IT we are going to go back to 35-40% downtime playing Masterfrost. However they still haven't figured out how to kill off Mastersimple(while it is behind masterfrost, it's not by much and will probably take over by mythic t17 gear. This is also based off what we know right now before final tuning before WoD goes live and is just a point made that if WoD went live tomorrow this would happen type statement). If Mastersimple stays the way it is, I see the benefit of using single runes for everything to drop the downtime(with PL and AMS soaking) to sub 15% with Mythic T17 gear. However, Blizzard wants to kill the playstyle and personally I hope they do as well. However the way theyve gone about trying to do it is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I would say....wait til level 100 before you talk about downtime. With the 5% haste most likely being removed from IT we are going to go back to 35-40% downtime playing Masterfrost. However they still haven't figured out how to kill off Mastersimple(while it is behind masterfrost, it's not by much and will probably take over by mythic t17 gear. This is also based off what we know right now before final tuning before WoD goes live and is just a point made that if WoD went live tomorrow this would happen type statement). If Mastersimple stays the way it is, I see the benefit of using single runes for everything to drop the downtime(with PL and AMS soaking) to sub 15% with Mythic T17 gear. However, Blizzard wants to kill the playstyle and personally I hope they do as well. However the way theyve gone about trying to do it is pathetic.
    I'll be blunt, I need to know right now.

I've been testing my lvl 90 on the PTR. Currently, I'm sitting on 40% Haste. I removed half my armor and also tested at 20% Haste. I just need to know approximately how much Haste we will have to start the first tier. If it is anywhere close to the 20% mark, then I'm done. I refuse to play that way in a raiding environment. I have a lot of patience. And I would be willing to suffer through a short period of gearing up in preparation for the first tier. But, I can not actually raid at such a slow mind-numbing pace.

Therefore, depending on the scenario, I possibly wouldn't want to waste my time leveling my DK to 100 in the first place. So that's why I need some precise answers from those in the actual Beta sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    I'll be blunt, I need to know right now.

I've been testing my lvl 90 on the PTR. Currently, I'm sitting on 40% Haste. I removed half my armor and also tested at 20% Haste. I just need to know approximately how much Haste we will have to start the first tier. If it is anywhere close to the 20% mark, then I'm done. I refuse to play that way in a raiding environment. I have a lot of patience. And I would be willing to suffer through a short period of gearing up in preparation for the first tier. But, I can not actually raid at such a slow mind-numbing pace.

Therefore, depending on the scenario, I possibly wouldn't want to waste my time leveling my DK to 100 in the first place. So that's why I need some precise answers from those in the actual Beta sooner rather than later.
    You had your answer 1 post above the one you quoted.. and since they were 2 hours apart, it's not like you just missed Iysdexia answering you.. Venting just for the sake of venting?

Quote Originally Posted by Faenlyn View Post
    You had your answer 1 post above the one you quoted.. and since they were 2 hours apart, it's not like you just missed Iysdexia answering you.. Venting just for the sake of venting?
    He answered as an unholy DK, not Frost. Unholy's haste levels are totally useless when asking for haste levels of a different spec.

Clash, if I put on as much haste gear as possible, I have +30.73% haste as Frost without food, with a +50 food buff it goes to +31.35%. Remember that AMS soaking will lower downtime in this as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    More or less it's because the changes made to frost are made to be tuned at level 100 not 90. Hard to see how things are at a level where you don't have the same things to factor in as in WoD
    This - And what you really should do is use the premade character or any for that matter and take off gear until you are right around 20% haste. From what I've heard that is what it feels like on beta.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Speaking of PTR, has anybody done lvl 90 6.0 sims? Been out of the loop for a while

He answered as an unholy DK, not Frost. Unholy's haste levels are totally useless when asking for haste levels of a different spec.

Clash, if I put on as much haste gear as possible, I have +30.73% haste as Frost without food, with a +50 food buff it goes to +31.35%. Remember that AMS soaking will lower downtime in this as well.
    Thanks for the reply Maxweii.

Keep in mind that current sims say haste is devalued past a soft cap at 400 rating points, so you won't be wearing as much haste gear as possible, gemming or enchanting for haste, or using haste food.

AMS soaking will be a thing, though, as will Plague Leech if you don't mind using it.

Oops, forgot thread title. Sitting at 27.04% haste as 2h frost when gearing for multistrike, then versatility, then haste. 22.94% haste as DW when prioritizing haste the least of all stats.

anyone know how many seconds the downtime lasts at 100 on average. I'm predicting 2-3 seconds of nothing.

Also how does our new aoe work now that we have no way of spreading our diseases?

Depends on subspec, whether you take plague leech, and whether you can AMS soak. At itemlvl 660, worst case scenario is 2H with no plague leech or AMS, and that is well over 40%. Gaps are 5-6 seconds long. A bit less if you gear for haste, but like I said earlier, that is not optimal.

Best case is DW mastersimple with plague leech and AMS soaking, and that is <20%. That level of downtime is acceptable (for me, personally) but it does require using Plague Leech.

Frost still has Blood Boil. You can spread Blood Plague if you really want to. And Howling Blast still applies Frost Fever.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Also how does our new aoe work now that we have no way of spreading our diseases?
    We have no way of spreading diseases what?
    What happened to howling blast applying FF and Blood Boil aka Pestilence spreading both? :P