Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Your favourite WOW dialogue

I know it's more of a monologue, but my favourite is the Lich King's speech (and his father's response) after the Lich King has just killed the raid in the last battle of ICC.

The Lich King yells: No questions remain unanswered. No doubts linger. You ARE Azeroth's greatest champions. You overcame every challenge I laid before you. My mightiest servants have fallen before your relentless onslaught... your unbridled fury...

The Lich King yells: Is it truly righteousness that drives you? I wonder...

The Lich King yells: You trained them well, Fordring. You delivered the greatest fighting force this world has ever known... right into my hands - exactly as I intended! You shall be rewarded for your unwitting sacrifice.

The Lich King yells: Watch now as I raise them from the dead to become masters of the Scourge. They will shroud this world in chaos and destruction. Azeroth's fall will come at their hands -- and you will be the first to die.

The Lich King yells: I delight in the irony.

Highlord Tirion Fordring yells: LIGHT GRANT ME ONE FINAL BLESSING! GIVE ME THE STRENGTH... TO SHATTER THESE BONDS!

The Lich King yells: Impossible...

Highlord Tirion Fordring yells: No more, Arthas! No more lives will be consumed by your hatred!

Terenas Menethil II yells: Free at last! It is over, my son. This is the moment of reckoning.

Terenas Menethil II yells: Rise up, champions of the Light!

The Lich King yells: Now I stand, the lion before the lambs... and they do not fear.

The Lich King yells: They cannot fear.
    Source.

What is your favourite WOW monologue or dialogue so far?
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll hunt you to the ends of the earth if I have to! Do you hear me? To the ends of the earth!
    Hi

I'm a big fan of "hey! Those are OUR flying... beer monsters?"

Varok Saurfang turns around to speak with Garrosh.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: We are surrounded... Our enemies press in from all sides, young Hellscream.
    Saurfang walks to the central and Borean Tundra portions of the hide map of Northrend on the floor, kneeling to point them out, then walks off the map to stand before Garrosh.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: The Scourge descends like locust from the north.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: The Alliance holds the only secure shipping lane in this region, and even that is at risk of being lost to those dreaded mists.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: Our only viable port for resupply is held by the Forsaken on the other side of this blasted continent!
    High Overlord Saurfang says: Anything our zeppelins cannot haul must be brought in by ship and travel the length of Northrend to reach us.
    Saurfang walks back to his usual spot.
    Garrosh Hellscream grunts.
    Garrosh walks up to the map and kneels.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Shipping lanes... supplies... You bore me to death! We need nothing more than the warrior spirit of the Horde, Saurfang! Now that we are firmly entrenched in this frozen wasteland, nothing shall stop us!
    High Overlord Saurfang says: Siege engines, ammunition, heavy armor... How do you propose to shatter the walls of Icecrown without those?
    Garrosh stands.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Propose? I will show you what I propose!
    Garrosh crushes the figures and flag indicating Valiance Keep on the map.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: There... Now we now have a shipping lane.
    Garrosh crushes the figures and flags indicating Valgarde and Westguard Keep.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: And just for good measure...
    Garrosh walks back to his usual spot.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: So the prodigal son has spoken!
    High Overlord Saurfang says: Your father's blood runs strong in you, Hellscream. Impatient as always... Impatient and reckless.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: You rush headlong into all-out war without a thought of the consequences.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Do not speak to me of consequences, old one.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I drank of the same blood your father did, Garrosh. Mannoroth's cursed venom pumped through my veins as well.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I drove my weapons into the bodies and minds of my enemies.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: And while Grom died a glorious death - freeing us all from the blood curse - he could not wipe away the terrible memory of our past.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: His act could not erase the horrors we committed.
    High Overlord Saurfang pauses.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: The winter after the curse was lifted, hundreds of veteran orcs like me were lost to despair.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: Our minds were finally free, yes... Free to relive all of the unthinkable acts that we had performed under the Legion's influence.
    High Overlord Saurfang nods.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I think it was the sounds of the draenei children that unnerved most of them... You never forget...
    High Overlord Saurfang says: Have you ever been to Jaggedswine Farm? When the swine are of age for the slaughter... It's that sound. The sound of the swine being killed... It resonates the loudest. Those are hard times for us older veterans.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: But surely you cannot think that those children were born into innocence? They would have grown up and taken arms against us!
    High Overlord Saurfang shakes his head.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I am not speaking solely of the children of our enemies...
    High Overlord Saurfang pauses.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I won't let you take us down that dark path again, young Hellscream. I'll kill you myself before that day comes...
    Saurfang turns away and looks at the map instead.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: How have you managed to survive for so long, Saurfang? Not fallen victim to your own memories?
    Saurfang turns around for a moment to answer.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I don't eat pork...
    High Overlord Saurfang spits.
    Sadly this is a prelude to his downfall. God im going to miss Garrosh Hellscream. Still dont understand why they turned him into hitler.

"Put on your big boy pants, Taylor!"

edit: damn it how could I forget "MERELY A SETBACK"
    Last edited by Larinnian; 2014-09-13 at 02:16 PM.

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Kael'Thas Sunstrider "I have not come this far to be stopped! The future I've planned will not be jeopardized! Now you will taste true power!'
    He says this when he's almost about to die In Tempest Keep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much all of the Kil'Jaeden Encounter.

watch your cleaver mouth bitch.

oh garrosh, i will miss you.

he also says
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Remember, Sylvanas, eventually we all have to stand before our maker and face judgment. Your day may come sooner than others...

yup he truly lived by his words
    Be feared, or be fuel

More a one-line quote, but "Nefarius: Foolsss... Kill the one in the dress!". Class discrimination at the peak.

A couple boss quotes from Ulduar are some of my favorites:
    Ignis - "BURN! Burn in the maker's fire!" I don't know why, but it's the voice actor's voice that just makes me like it.
    Vezax - "The black blood of Yogg-Saron courses through me. I am UNSTOPPABLE!"

Deleted
    Times change.

Thralls Balls! They're everywhere!

Honorable mention: Garrosh dismisses High Overlord Krom'gar.
    Overlord Krom'gar says: Watch now, Cliffwalker, as this battle comes to its glorious conclusion.
    High Chieftain Cliffwalker says: You are about to cross a terrible threshold, Krom'gar. May the Earth Mother have mercy on your soul.
    Krom'gar releases the balloon holding the goblin bomb and sends it towards Thal'darah Grove. On arrival, the balloon drops the bomb directly on it, obliterating the entire area, leaving a large crater behind.
    Overlord Krom'gar says: Look upon the world, Cliffwalker, and see the might of the Horde!
    A portal from Orgrimmar suddenly forms nearby. Garrosh Hellscream and his guards emerge from the portal.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: What have you done, Krom'gar?
    Krom'gar bows before Garrosh.
    Overlord Krom'gar says: Warchief! I... I was carrying out your command!
    Garrosh Hellscream says: My command?
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Was my command to murder innocents, Krom'gar?
    Overlord Krom'gar says: Warchief... Sir... I...
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Am I a murderer, Krom'gar?
    Overlord Krom'gar says: No, Warchief!
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Then I ask you again: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!
    Krom'gar begins to cower before Garrosh.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: I sent you into Stonetalon Mountains with an army. Your orders were to secure this land for the Horde.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Instead, you laid waste to the land. Murdered innocents. Children even...
    Garrosh Hellscream says: I spent a very long time in Northrend, Krom'gar. I learned much about the Horde in that time.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: While there, a wise old war hero told me something that I would carry with me forever...
    Garrosh Hellscream says: "Honor," Krom'gar, "No matter how dire the battle... never forsake it."
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Overlord Krom'gar, you have disgraced the Horde.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: You have brought shame to us as a people.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: By my right as Warchief, I hereby relieve you of your duty.
    Garrosh picks up Krom'gar by the throat and lifts him over the edge of the lift bridge.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: YOU ARE DISMISSED.
    Garrosh drops Krom'gar off the edge, sending him to his death. He then turns toward the hero.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: And you, <race>!
    High Chieftain Cliffwalker says: Wait, Warchief! Please! <Name> was the hero responsible for uncovering this corruption. <He/She> tried to stop Krom'gar!
    High Chieftain Cliffwalker says: Have mercy, Warchief.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Mercy... Your wife and child were murdered. Your kin wiped out. Your home burned to the ground.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Mercy... Chieftain, on this day I learn from you.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: <Name>, Krom'gar's army is no more. Your rank no longer has meaning. If you wish to truly help the Horde, your considerable power could be used in Desolace or in the Southern Barrens.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: The choice is yours to make.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Let honor guide you, <name>. Do not forget that Hellscream's eyes are always upon you.
    Long live Garrosh! One of the greatest characters ever pulled off by Blizzard!

My favorite is also the Luch King's speech in ICC. WoW has never been as good without him

First off nice topic OP, WoW has always had such great dialogue in it but I think the dialogue between Algalon, Rhonin and the heroes of Azeroth is the most profound and insightful in the Warcraft Universe.

Algalon:

"I have seen worlds bathed in the Makers' flames. Their denizens fading without so much as a whimper. Entire planetary systems born and razed in the time that it takes your mortal hearts to beat once. Yet all throughout, my own heart, devoid of emotion... of empathy. I... have... felt... NOTHING! A million, million lives wasted. Had they all held within them your tenacity? Had they all loved life as you do?
    Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will. That allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.
    I've rearranged the reply code. Your planet will be spared. I cannot be certain of my own calculations anymore.
    I lack the strength to transmit the signal. You must hurry. Find a place of power close to the skies.
    Do not worry about my fate Bronzen. If the signal is not transmitted in time re-origination will proceed regardless. Save. Your. World."

Rhonin's response:

"Citizens of Dalaran! Raise your eyes to the skies and observe! Today our world's destruction has been averted in defiance of our very makers!
    Algalon the Observer, herald of the titans has been defeated by our brave comrades in the depths of the titan city of Uduar.
    Algalon was sent here to judge the fate of our world, he found a planet that had deviated from the Titan's blueprints, a planet where not everything had gone according to plan.
    Cold logic deemed this world was not worth saving. Cold logic, however, does not account for the power of free will. It's up to each of us to prove this is a world worth saving. That our lives... our lives are worth living."
    Last edited by SideTracked; 2014-09-17 at 01:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the dialogue from Halls of Reflection between the Lich King and Jaina. The Spanish version is really good, one of the better localized events in the game.

Deleted
    Terenas Menethil II yells: Rise up, champions of the Light!
    always gives me chills

and a funny one:

Even dying here beats spending another day collecting reagents for that madman, Finklestein.
    Last edited by mmocde0e53a346; 2014-09-13 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    always gives me chills

and a funny one:
    All his other ones were great as well

http://www.wowwiki.com/Captain_Arnath

Death
    Never... could reach... the top shelf...
    Second death
    Don't... let Finklestein use me... for his potions...

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in Vanilla at original Southshore, there was an alliance captain of the guard who sent the player out to kill murlocs near the town. He said something to the effect of "We cannot let the murlocs go unmolested." I thought that was a particularly peculiar and memorable piece of text.

10+ Year Old Account

The old gods are hilariously terrifying.