Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Once again Diablo 3 got boring

5 Greater rifts in a row between 14 and 20 and only 1 legendary item.

3 weeks ago i got on average 1 legendary item per run and back then i could only do from 1-14 in rank(season character).

Goodbye diablo. Seasons didnt last as long as i hoped it would

Deleted
    You should write a blog

Quote Originally Posted by sthings View Post
    You should write a blog
    On statistics and valid sample sizes perhaps

Deleted
    RNG as usual is a cruel mistress.

... So you're not getting loot, the game is boring? I know as a Dungeon Crawler that's kind of the point, but you can't claim the game is boring based on this one point alone.

It could be dull because of the repetitive game play, lack of storyline, imbalance in classes, crushing RNG, or other factors, not because; "I got no lewts!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    On statistics and valid sample sizes perhaps
    I'm not creating a statistic, and diablo isnt a job.

If by doing 5 greater rifts that are hard for my characther i only get 1 item that has a small chance of being usable?`Then i'm just wasting my time.

And thats not really what i want to do in a game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    ... So you're not getting loot, the game is boring? I know as a Dungeon Crawler that's kind of the point, but you can't claim the game is boring based on this one point alone.

It could be dull because of the repetitive game play, lack of storyline, imbalance in classes, crushing RNG, or other factors, not because; "I got no lewts!"
    Thats actually 100% exactly what i can.

Diablo is 100% about the loot.

Dont tell me you enjoy killing diablo for the 100th time.

If you say that you are just kidding yourself. Its grinding and grinding for the sole reason of getting better loot

Lol. Why bother us with your boredom? Really, I don't say this often, but who cares?
    Nobody. Nobody cares. Only you. So that's why you don't need to make threads about this.
    What did you expect from a dungeon crawler?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rakhakash View Post
    Lol. Why bother us with your boredom? Really, I don't say this often, but who cares?
    Nobody. Nobody cares. Only you. So that's why you don't need to make threads about this.
    What did you expect from a dungeon crawler?

I'm venting. I dont care that you dont care. But obviously you care enough to write that post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    If you say that you are just kidding yourself.
    So ... I can't tell you you're wrong, but you can tell me I'm kidding myself? You can see why people think you're a joke, right?

Deleted
    Diablo 3 got boring as soon as the story ended.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    The bolded part is what made the game get boring to you, not the loot. Repetition is not fun. Getting loot does not increase or decrease that amount of fun.
    Thats pretty much WHY people kill him for the 100th time. I'm a casual diablo player by most standards. People have been grinding so much more then me for loot alone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    So ... I can't tell you you're wrong, but you can tell me I'm kidding myself? You can see why people think you're a joke, right?
    No. Try with more sense next time

Deleted

If by doing 5 greater rifts that are hard for my characther i only get 1 item that has a small chance of being usable?`Then i'm just wasting my time.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats actually 100% exactly what i can.

Diablo is 100% about the loot.

Dont tell me you enjoy killing diablo for the 100th time.

If you say that you are just kidding yourself. Its grinding and grinding for the sole reason of getting better loot

Greater rifts are for 'competitive' progression, not for loot. Do torment 6 rifts for loot. Grifts arent efficient for loot compared to t6 rifts until you can do grift 35+ without issues, and efficiently. I get on average 2 legendaries or so per t6 rift, and run them in like 5-10 minutes. That's quite a bit of loot.

The game got boting after 1 week, even expansion, way to easy and only few specs that works.

You actually are creating statistics, and it not being a job isn't relevant. You are implying a correlation between drop rates three weeks ago versus 1 hour of rift runs this week, and stating that statistically that one hour experience proves the game has changed and become boring, versus realizing that statistically, that's going to happen on occasion. 5 greater rift runs is less than 1.25 hours of game play and you got a single legendary. You're welcome to go on record as feeling like that's too low and that they should be ensuring at least 2, 3, or 50 legendaries per hour, but stating that it is now boring because of a perceived change that doesn't exist... that's just silly.

Deleted
    How people can still kill the same game after completing it more then 2-3 times is beyond me to begin with.

Character progression is what makes these type of games fun, if you're doing the same thing for days and not seeing any progression, that's what makes it boring

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    You actually are creating statistics, and it not being a job isn't relevant. You are implying a correlation between drop rates three weeks ago versus 1 hour of rift runs this week, and stating that statistically that one hour experience proves the game has changed and become boring, versus realizing that statistically, that's going to happen on occasion. 5 greater rift runs is less than 1.25 hours of game play and you got a single legendary. You're welcome to go on record as feeling like that's too low and that they should be ensuring at least 2, 3, or 50 legendaries per hour, but stating that it is now boring because of a perceived change that doesn't exist... that's just silly.
    I dont care what the drop rates are. THe fact is this is a game. The fun part of d3 is that you get legendaries. ANd thats the only fun part of it after having played through the game more then 1-2 times.

In a game statistics dont matter only what actually happens. If you dont have fun, you dont play.

You can take all your statistics BS and apply it to a place where people will do the same thing 1000 times with bad RnG and still keep going. People(most people) wont do that in a game

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont mind re-playing the same rifts and grifts over and over -- But when you can't find the loot you need, kadala won't give it to you, you can't get your loot so you can't do t6, which means your excluded from most groups because everyone and their brother runs t6 or higher grifts which you can't do b/c the game isn't giving you what you need so you can use a build that can actually do t6 or higher lvl grifts.

They've put so much emphasis onto grouping up as the most efficient way to really do anything in the game, that the game isn't that fun solo and honestly if you are stuck behind a gear block you can't group with higher end people.

It sucks, because I can't get my other akkhan piece I need or other 2 rolands pieces I can't do anything above t4.

It's pretty boring when you do get a ton of legendaries and they are all just garbage, it's so rare to get one of the good ones. After almost 160 hours on my crusader alone I have never found any of the super rare amulets that make you immune to certain damages, never had a stone of jordan drop. Only gotten ONE 2h flail that I am using. And still haven't completed any set other than the garbage thorns set/blackthornes.

Getting shit legendaries all day is boring, it's simple. Thats if you are getting any at all.

I dont care what the drop rates are. THe fact is this is a game. The fun part of d3 is that you get legendaries. ANd thats the only fun part of it after having played through the game more then 1-2 times.

In a game statistics dont matter only what actually happens. If you dont have fun, you dont play.

You can take all your statistics BS and apply it to a place where people will do the same thing 1000 times with bad RnG and still keep going. People(most people) wont do that in a game
    Call it BS all day long, my point was that you're implying that the game changed when it didn't, and I'm saying that the only reality is that you're pissy that during one hour of game play you only got one legendary when you're used to getting more than that. You're also saying that the rest of the game is irrelevant and that the drop rates there are irrelevant, even though those other styles of play (rifts, just not grifts) are more designed for item drops. I'm not saying you aren't within your rights to think more legendaries should drop for it to be fun, I'm saying that you should be honest with what you're whining about.

Deleted
    <snip>
    if you where to be able to get upgrades on every run, then there really would be no replay value.
    at the moment on seasons I am chasing 2 set peices and a lot of upgrades, this may take 1 grift, it may take 100. But I am having fun either way.

If you get everything handed to you on a plate, then you will sick of it so much faster.