Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I remember when I was a kid milk was only 1.50 a litre, now its 3.50, something fishy is going on here...

Deleted
    The cost to run the game (hardware, bandwith, labour etc.) has gone down more than inflation has affected it. Don't fool yourselves, that extra money will go straight to dividends.

Deleted
    Personally, it's the timing.

No content for 12 months, then adding the extra to the fee. I unsubbed 6 months ago and only came back last month, just to tidy up a few things on my alts. Now I can either tie myself in to a subscription, knowing that as soon as I unsub my monthly fee will go up or unsub now and come back after WoD has had it's reviews.

So personally, I'll probably stay subbed until WoD gets boring, then will probably unsub for good.

But that means buying the expansion as well, more money to throw at Blizz before knowing how WoD will pan out; but that's another conversation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    U back up my point of just how brainwashed Wow players are these days.
    Only it really doesn't, one's a realistic view of the world as it exists and the other is the delusional view that things should always cost the same...

But whatever you need, I mean you've stopped playing right, so anyone that still does must have something wrong with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I'm surprised the sub hasn't gone up across the board. Even to us in the US. Paying $15.00, the same price MMOs were 15+ years ago is pretty damn cheap.

I mean hell, Sirius radio costs more than WoW. And that's friggin radio, lol. Not that I'm asking for a price increase, but TBH I'd prefer one over having a cash shop like we do now. I mean wasn't that the whole argument they gave before? Which would you prefer a cash shop or a sub hike? I'd take a $2.00 sub hike any day and then let all the cool mounts be put in game for free. And for the uncool mount, the That Retarded Horse/Pony it can just die off

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    Only it really doesn't, one's a realistic view of the world as it exists and the other is the delusional view that things should always cost the same...

But whatever you need, I mean you've stopped playing right, so anyone that still does must have something wrong with them.
    U really think its delusional to expect more from Blizzard?

Again u back up my point at just how brainwashed the Wow playerbase is these days... if u think Blizzard deserve more cash than they already suck from their players then why not just donate a % of your income... afterall thats what Scientoligists do... and yes right now that is equally as logical as your view.

The fact remains Blizzard does not need this extra income, its called fleecing at its most obvious. They know full well that the games on a worrying decline curve and theyre milking the players where they can.

Loyal customers who have paid regularly for 10 years deserve more than this.

Deleted
    U really think its delusional to expect more from Blizzard?

Again u back up my point at just how brainwashed the Wow playerbase is these days... if u think Blizzard deserve more cash than they already suck from their players then why not just donate a % of your income... afterall thats what Scientoligists do... and yes right now that is equally as logical as your view.

The fact remains Blizzard does not need this extra income, its called fleecing at its most obvious. They know full well that the games on a worrying decline curve and theyre milking the players where they can.

Loyal customers who have paid regularly for 10 years deserve more than this.
    is being a brainwashed hater much better?

Quote Originally Posted by Geish View Post
    The cost to run the game (hardware, bandwith, labour etc.) has gone down more than inflation has affected it. Don't fool yourselves, that extra money will go straight to dividends.
    The cost of labour has gone down? Are you serious? You completely lost all credibility there. Also, take a look at their books, so you know whether they make more or less profit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    The cost of labour has gone down? Are you serious? You completely lost all credibility there. Also, take a look at their books, so you know whether they make more or less profit.
    I agree that specifically labour costs are unlikely to go down, but his point stands up. There is no way that running costs have increased over the years, if anything they will have decreased, and probably significantly.

Its safe to say that this extra income will go into the pockets of the shareholders... it most certainly will not go back into Wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    You're a few months late.

Won't affect me at all, I'm in the US.

The subscription cost likely doesn't even tie in with sub numbers, they'd probably do it anyway if they were gaining subs.
    Yeah, somehow I doubt that.

The price increase points towards an attempt to stabilize subscription trends coming from the UK - essentially pointing out who they're most 'pick up / put down ' audience is with the title.

If the subscription numbers didn't matter, it wouldn't have the 'subscription rate remains the same if you don't unsub' connotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    If the subscription numbers didn't matter, it wouldn't have the 'subscription rate remains the same if you don't unsub' connotation.
    Extremely good point.

It smells like the Diablo3 offer which locked player in for a year. This 'offer' will keep players subbed throughout the period where players r likely to unsub.

Deleted
    I seriously hope they don't increase the sub cost.

Especially due to the lack of content being released, even if WoD changes that, I highly doubt I will agree with it anyway.

I heard about an incrase sub cost in UK but not EU in general.

It wouldn't be fair in any way to increase it further, it has been a fixed price ( I believe ) since the beggining of WoW. The quality of content is subjective, and in my personal opinion it has only been getting worse.. so in my personal opinion it wouldn't be in any way justified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Extremely good point.

It smells like the Diablo3 offer which locked player in for a year. This 'offer' will keep players subbed throughout the period where players r likely to unsub.
    Which serves in turn to pad the numbers coming out of the UK. As I would imagine, that within the EU spectrum they've determined they're more likely to unsub for whatever reason it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Targesh View Post
    I heard about an incrase sub cost in UK but not EU in general.
    UK was paying less. With the increase in price it is now paying the same amount of money as the rest of Europe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    UK was paying less. With the increase in price it is now paying the same amount of money as the rest of Europe.
    Yea, that's what I meant

Deleted
    Wait, what?!

Lets ignore the fact that Scientology is bat shit crazy for a second, what exactly do you think a sub is?

I already "donate" money each month, it's just a very tiny percentage and it's not changed over the last 10 years despite my wage going up.

Oh and the prices of pretty much everything else....

Which bit are you having problems with? The fact I don't think a £1 increase is that bad for product I enjoy? or the fact that it's increased to bring us in line with the rest of Europe?

I'm actually having a hard time trying to work out what your point is overall, or what you're even looking to accomplish here...I mean at the moment it seems to be this:

"How dare they increase the price for a game I don't play any more, if you're don't agree with me and are fine with this then your brainwashed, I have my fingers in my ears I *NA* *NA* NA* I can't hear you"

that about right?
    Last edited by mmocd3e258d247; 2014-09-15 at 02:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    Which bit are you having problems with? The fact I don't think a £1 increase is that bad for product I enjoy? or the fact that it's increased to bring us in line with the rest of Europe?

I'm actually having a hard time trying to work out what your point is overall, or what you're even looking to accomplish here...
    If u read my point then its obvious... a 10year old game, which is in decline, and hasnt released any new content for over a year is actually raising its prices!

Dude if u think thats fine and u want to kid yourself its some bullcrap linked to inflation then go right ahead and dip further into your pockets... and like i said while you are dipping deep just throw even more cash at them, cos afterall u believe theyre justified to milk your ass as much as they like.

If ur happy with such a blatant cash grab for the shareholders then i'll leave u in your ignorance.

Deleted
    If u read my point then its obvious... a 10year old game, which is in decline, and hasnt released any new content for over a year is actually raising its prices!

Dude if u think thats fine and u want to kid yourself its some bullcrap linked to inflation then go right ahead and dip further into your pockets... and like i said while you are dipping deep just throw even more cash at them, cos afterall u believe theyre justified to milk your ass as much as they like.

If ur happy with such a blatant cash grab for the shareholders then i'll leave u in your ignorance.
    All your post is missing is a drum circle and some tie dye t-shirts.

It's been shown that the UK was paying less than the rest of Europe, the increase brings them in-line.

Just because you're trying to play the "evil corporation" card doesn't make it true, or make your views any less delusional, because if you can throw around 'brainwashed' in the face of all the evidence, I can call you delusional for your failure to grasp it.
    Last edited by mmocd3e258d247; 2014-09-15 at 02:42 PM.

Deleted
    Well i think he has a point in what he are saying...

blizzard are already squeezing every drop of penny possible with
    Faction/realm change, monthly sub, in game store, expansion higher price ect ect

I think the question would be more fair to ask with all that extra money people pay do we get more or less content?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by baline View Post
    do we get more or less content?
    With the price increase, people from the UK are entitled to the same content as the rest of Europe. Before that, they should have gotten less because they paid less.