Deleted

Angry Darrien Hunt shooting

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/15...ad-real-sword/
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...g-details.html
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...olice-shooting
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...amily-attorney
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5827298.html
    http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/darrien-h...ed-utah-police

Interested to see what comes of this one. The claim (backed up by witnesses and an autopsy) is that this guy had a replica katana, and was running away from the police when he got shot 6 times in the back. The police have changed their statement once, haven't been debriefed (almost a week later) yet, and claim (the prosecutor does, anyway) that he had a real sword, and that he lunged toward the police.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not again.

Deleted
    Just going to go out on a limb and say, why the fuck would you carry a sword (real or not) around the streets.

Also, if this guy was carrying a real sword and actually killed somebody, the reaction would be "wtf police, why didnt you stop him!".

15+ Year Old Account
    Er..um...

Afro samurai?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

There's video from a bank of it. That should make things a lot easier.

If the sword is real, him being shot from behind won't matter. It's legal to shoot a fleeing suspect if you believe he is a danger to others. A man running around with a sword who (if the video shows) repeatedly lunged at you would most likely fit that criteria.

Maybe he watched Ghost Dog?

Quote Originally Posted by lazerhawk View Post
    Just going to go out on a limb and say, why the fuck would you carry a sword (real or not) around the streets.
    People can walk around stores with their guns out, but if you have a sword, THAT crosses the line?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    People can walk around stores with their guns out, but if you have a sword, THAT crosses the line?
    Guns are this time period's swords!

A sheathed sword might make me raise an eyebrow, but that's about it. Unsheathed would be a different story.
    Same with a gun, holstered or slung on your back, whatever. Pointing it around, that's a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by lazerhawk View Post

Also, if this guy was carrying a real sword and actually killed somebody, the reaction would be "wtf police, why didnt you stop him!".
    Quote from the article I read on CNN:

While some have speculated that race played a role in the shooting deaths of Hunt and Brown, there's one key difference between the two cases: Brown was unarmed when he was shot, and Hunt was reportedly carrying a 3-foot sword around a Panda Express restaurant and other businesses.

"I believe that maybe my son thought, 'Maybe I'll try to get a job at Panda, maybe this sword will impress them,' " Susan Hunt told KSL.
    So carrying a weapon is a good way to impress potential employers now apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    So carrying a weapon is a good way to impress potential employers now apparently.
    Which would be pretty fucking funny since Panda Express is a restaurant for Chinese food and katana were used by samurai which are Japanese.

"I believe that maybe my son thought, 'Maybe I'll try to get a job at Panda, maybe this sword will impress them,' " Susan Hunt told KSL.
    She says, as if that's a perfectly logical train of thought.

Whatever, at least this time there's a video of the confrontation.

If he was fleeing, after being shot, i would of opted to use a taser, i mean the cops are going to get away with this just because hes armed, but cops in europe would obviously taser him before shooting him to death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFddlI9QHJk

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Which would be pretty fucking funny since Panda Express is a restaurant for Chinese food and katana were used by samurai which are Japanese.
    So the whole idea was flawed from the beginning. Is carrying around a sword even legal in that place? In my country knives are already illegal past a certain point, let alone running around with a sword.

Deleted
    Let me guess, somebody in the US got shot by the police for no reason... again. This problem can be solved by adding more guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    So the whole idea was flawed from the beginning. Is carrying around a sword even legal in that place? In my country knives are already illegal past a certain point, let alone running around with a sword.
    Knives tend to get you killed here in america(especially if your complexion is dark) but you can carry around an AR-15 or ak-47 and cops will sit down and have coffee with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Not entirely sure on Utah's laws but it's possible. I'm sure in most places in the US walking around with a sheathed sword is probably OK but unsheathed might be an issue in some places.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Not entirely sure on Utah's laws but it's possible. I'm sure in most places in the US walking around with a sheathed sword is probably OK but unsheathed might be an issue in some places.
    I bought a replica claymore years back while I was in High School, and had to hoof it halfway across town with it (NE Ohio). It didn't cause any issues, other than the occasional funny look. But I also didn't draw it and wave it around like a dipshit and didn't lollygag around with it.

I was told it was legal to transport it from place of purchase to my home, but it was illegal to just carry it around for shits and giggles.

:merrica:

/10

Post constructively please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2014-09-17 at 01:20 PM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Funny enough, I've held a replica katana while running from the police before. It was fine though, a friend told them I probably just didn't hear them calling me (which I hadn't). Everything turned out fine, but I am white. So there's that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can we just put a fucking go-pro on every cop so we can just KNOW what happened? I'm so tired of trying to figure out who did what when there's no hard evidence.