Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Before 6.0 BBoY was better than KTT, however KTT is now better due to MS being good for us.
    At the risk of making myself look like a simpleton, but according to what Dutchmagoz posted in this same thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    For 6.0 my current best stat priorities are:

Crit > int/spellpower > mastery > haste=multistrike > vers

For lvl 100:

Crit > int/spellpower > haste=mastery=multistrike > vers

Haste, mastery, and multistrike are extremely close, and it depends on your personal skill, your gear, and fight situation on what's best.

Gearing will be pretty basic:

Get the highest possible crit item, where the secondary is either mastery, haste, or multistrike. Highest crit item with any of those secondaries is BiS.
    Wouldn't the above value INT moreso than multistrike, given BBoY's increasing INT stat contribution over that 10secs it's active? I understand MS being an ice mage's best friend, but I was under the impression that INT was still a desirable stat for us?

Apologies in advance if what Dutch was suggesting is a personal statement i.e. based on his toon and what SimC was suggesting for him, and not to be taken as a generalization for the spec. Just want to create a clarification in my head on this, given I do spend some time reading this thread (and the threads over on Altered-time) and enjoy clicking on individual armories to see if I can find a best case scenario to strive for.

Quote Originally Posted by drsarcasm View Post
    Wouldn't the above value INT moreso than multistrike, given BBoY's increasing INT stat contribution over that 10secs it's active? I understand MS being an ice mage's best friend, but I was under the impression that INT was still a desirable stat for us?
    The stacking intellect proc averages out to be roughly even to KTT's consistent proc. Unless there is a way to heavily stack high spellpower spells at high BBoY stacks, you won't see a benefit.

In SoO, we could stack pyro chains at the end of BBoY, because BBoY also gave a crit bonus that helped us approach crit cap and sustain these pyro chains. That is no longer true with intellect no longer giving crit, so the bonus is considerably smaller now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Komman View Post
    The stacking intellect proc averages out to be roughly even to KTT's consistent proc. Unless there is a way to heavily stack high spellpower spells at high BBoY stacks, you won't see a benefit.

In SoO, we could stack pyro chains at the end of BBoY, because BBoY also gave a crit bonus that helped us approach crit cap and sustain these pyro chains. That is no longer true with intellect no longer giving crit, so the bonus is considerably smaller now.
    Indeed. I do miss the extra crit we got from trinkets. About an extra 2%-4% a fight and easier Combustions. Oh well.

On a side note, guide is more updated to SoO. Things coming in the hopefully near future will be T17 BiS, and eventually general short guides to each boss in T17 instead of our current one for SoO bosses. Will update it randomly too if I see miswordings or mistakes.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure that Black blood still has the highest potential for bursts and damage, especially on short fights when combustion matters more. While KTT is better on average, Black blood gives higher best case scenario damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puuhis View Post
    Pretty sure that Black blood still has the highest potential for bursts and damage, especially on short fights when combustion matters more. While KTT is better on average, Black blood gives higher best case scenario damage.
    No, even on 200sec fights KTT is still soundly beating BBoY. Multistrike is very strong for us, and a lot better than Haste at top end gear.

So is it still worth it to go crit over everything else even past high crit chance with the nerfs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exostential View Post
    So is it still worth it to go crit over everything else even past high crit chance with the nerfs?
    Yes. Crit will always be a Fire Mage's best friend.

I meant above int still. As a side note, the nerfs really didn't seem to hurt that much.

Quick question.
    Blood Elf > Troll now right for Horde fire mages? 1% base crit against the 15% haste ?

Quote Originally Posted by Costa View Post
    Quick question.
    Blood Elf > Troll now right for Horde fire mages? 1% base crit against the 15% haste ?
    I believe so. That said, I refuse to abandon my troll until they update the BElf character models.

Quote Originally Posted by Exostential View Post
    I meant above int still. As a side note, the nerfs really didn't seem to hurt that much.
    What do u mean it didn't hurt? When 6.0.2 came live and we went for our first raid, i was topping dps while having 10ilvl lower gear than others.
    And now after nerfs im like 5-10 with the same group. But it is really pathetic what they did. They just switched fire power with frost. Now frost is doing a lot of dmg like fire was on begining, and fire sux as frost did at the start... where is the logic blizzard ;o ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiruz View Post
    What do u mean it didn't hurt? When 6.0.2 came live and we went for our first raid, i was topping dps while having 10ilvl lower gear than others.
    And now after nerfs im like 5-10 with the same group. But it is really pathetic what they did. They just switched fire power with frost. Now frost is doing a lot of dmg like fire was on begining, and fire sux as frost did at the start... where is the logic blizzard ;o ?
    Do you mean at level 90? If so, they are pretty close now with Frost on top. I had a Fire Mage raiding with me that I was consistently beating, but they did win on a stacked Shamans fight. It is back to 5.4.8 where honestly you can play any Mage spec right now and top meters.

2 quick questions: Which trinket, HC WF BBoY or HC KTT? Both 4/4 upgraded. My gut tells me to use the Blood, but I don't know for sure how good MS is.

Also, should I be regemming mastery/crit rather than haste/crit?
    Last edited by DarkSoul; 2014-10-26 at 08:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSoul View Post
    2 quick questions: Which trinket, HC WF BBoY or HC KTT? Both 4/4 upgraded. My gut tells me to use the Blood, but I don't know for sure how good MS is.

Also, should I be regemming mastery/crit rather than haste/crit?
    Use KTT, MS is very good for us. And yeah, Mastery Crit. If you want to see specifically which is better just use Simcraft, or link your armory and let us do it.

EDIT: Frost has a good start up guide here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...imulationCraft

That will teach you and anybody else how to use it for your own gear if you do not already know how. Pretty helpful time saver.

You can't gem mastery/crit instead of haste/crit. the haste/crit gems for red sockets were exp/crit or hit/exp before the patch, and those stats switched into haste or crit, but never mastery. at least on gems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caph View Post
    You can't gem mastery/crit instead of haste/crit. the haste/crit gems for red sockets were exp/crit or hit/exp before the patch, and those stats switched into haste or crit, but never mastery. at least on gems.
    I think he meant valuing mastery over haste, not gemming mastery and crit gems everywhere.

EDIT: Also took the Glyph of Dragon's Breath suggestions out of SoO boss fight list, no point recommending it when by the time it is in the game, 99% of players won't be doing SoO mythic raids.
    Last edited by LocNess; 2014-10-27 at 07:43 PM.

Just a footnote on KTT vs BBoYS even on short encounters: While BBoYS may yield larger Pyro!s, only KTT can give you an added chance of MS Pyro!s which will effect your Ignite a lot more than a 3-5k higher Pyro! ever will.

Maybe this has been discussed before, but how big combustions do you guys get? I am currently ilvl 578 and the highest combustions I get is around 6k per tick. Is this low? Haven't played fire mage since Dragon soul so I am a little rusty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minotir View Post
    Maybe this has been discussed before, but how big combustions do you guys get? I am currently ilvl 578 and the highest combustions I get is around 6k per tick. Is this low? Haven't played fire mage since Dragon soul so I am a little rusty.
    I currently have been playing Frost the past week and this one, however my first week as Fire the highest I was getting was between 8.5-9.5k on pulls, and that was at 586 ilevel.

Deleted
    Are there any updates for BIS now ?