Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtorz View Post
    Are there any updates for BIS now ?
    Haven't had the time, will be more of a priority during the first week of WoD before raiding begins.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by minotir View Post
    Maybe this has been discussed before, but how big combustions do you guys get? I am currently ilvl 578 and the highest combustions I get is around 6k per tick. Is this low? Haven't played fire mage since Dragon soul so I am a little rusty.
    On average it's around 6-7k with ilvl 585 (although my neck is still 0/4). However occassional pulls i easily reach 8-9.5k which is where i do not hesitate to click on combustion. However these only arise at the start of course and later throughout the fight i'm happy to get 6k+.

However currently i'm using CombustionHelper to use my combustion. However would a WA be more accurate? I'm slightly disencouraged to see that sometimes my CombustionHelper jumps huge leaps like a kid on coffee for the first times.
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

How much haste is too little haste, unbuffed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exostential View Post
    How much haste is too little haste, unbuffed?
    Even at lower ilevels you want to follow the basic stat weights at 90. Just Crit > Mastery > Haste with the gear that is available to you (since MS and Vers are not really important yet).

10+ Year Old Account
    My highest ignites are around 11k in a raid environment, while I consistently get +9k.

Is maintaining living bomb against multiple targets that are not in range to spread via IB a dps increase at level 100?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truffle View Post
    Is maintaining living bomb against multiple targets that are not in range to spread via IB a dps increase at level 100?
    Basically multi-dotting? Unless you can get any sort of cleave onto adds, I would imagine that just keeping your single target rotation up on a main would be higher DPS wise. LB does have a higher DPET than Fireball currently, however Pyroblast is significantly higher and it is better to be getting those out. And especially once Kindling becomes viable with higher crit, we will be wanting Combustion to be on the boss as long as possible through casting Fireballs and such. However, this does refer to encounters where you will be lacking times to cleave though.

Deleted
    I'm not sure if this has been cleared once more.
    - But when reading through "Boss to boss, talent choices" it's not all talents that are explained (dps talents)
    Could someone just quickly make a list by boss name, saying either: LB, UM or BW appricated much!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripfull View Post
    - But when reading through "Boss to boss, talent choices" it's not all talents that are explained (dps talents)
    Could someone just quickly make a list by boss name, saying either: LB, UM or BW appricated much!
    You just want to apply the base talent ideas to the boss design. Do you primarily need Single Target DPS? Use UM. Does your raid need some AoE burst for bats on Thok? Use Blast Wave. Learn the talents and apply them to the situations they are supposed to be used.

For the sake of your request though:

Immerseus - UM or BW are fine
    Protectors - LB
    Norushen - UM or LB both work fine, if your raid kills adds super quickly then I would go UM
    Sha of Pride - UM
    Galakras - LB or BW both are fine, depends on how fast your raid kills wavs
    Iron Jugg - UM
    Dark Shaman - LB
    Naz - UM if your raid burns it, BW if you want some add burst for shamans and such
    Spoils - LB or BW both work, depends on time adds are alive
    Thok - LB if you get interrupted a lot, UM otherwise, BW works fine too, especially for bats. Just depends on raid strat
    Siegecrafter - UM
    Paragon - UM mainly, LB can be used to cheese meters
    Garrosh - UM or BW both work fine. Go BW if you want extra add burst or MC burst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripfull View Post
    UM for single target, LB for group fights if you can cleave via IB. BW is good for AoE burst.

Think through the various fights in SoO and see if you can't figure out the optimal choice. Hint: LB probably not a good choice on single target boss (w/ no adds) fight.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

How much crit should i have selfbuffed before going fire?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slykz View Post
    How much crit should i have selfbuffed before going fire?
    It is generally the least frustrating at around 40% self buffed crit, and with 4P T16.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a general update to the happenings, once WoD launches, I will retire the SoO portion of the thread and it will be reformatted for T17. Both the Addons section and BIS Gear sections will also be finished by the end of this month, and before Raiding begins. Expect a large amount of updates around Thanksgiving time. Otherwise about 4 days left so lets get hyped up!

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    As a general update to the happenings, once WoD launches, I will retire the SoO portion of the thread and it will be reformatted for T17. Both the Addons section and BIS Gear sections will also be finished by the end of this month, and before Raiding begins. Expect a large amount of updates around Thanksgiving time. Otherwise about 4 days left so lets get hyped up!
    Looking forward to the updates on this, as currently I've had to switch from fire to frost to ensure not getting kicked from any more normal dungeon groups (fire has been utterly abysmal for me at my gear level a.k.a. 610ish which is to be expected given the non-existent crit). I thought I could mitigate with stellar play...thinking my play AND the spec is seriously borked at the moment.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fire is currently unplayable =( the damage is lower than every tank at 100

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drsarcasm View Post
    Looking forward to the updates on this, as currently I've had to switch from fire to frost to ensure not getting kicked from any more normal dungeon groups (fire has been utterly abysmal for me at my gear level a.k.a. 610ish which is to be expected given the non-existent crit). I thought I could mitigate with stellar play...thinking my play AND the spec is seriously borked at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me222 View Post
    Fire is currently unplayable =( the damage is lower than every tank at 100
    Indeed. Unfortunately at this point, if you are expecting to play Fire in raids, you will be pulling sub optimal damage, so if it is important to your guild than Fire will be unplayable. I am still hoping they revert their nerfs from last month.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Indeed. Unfortunately at this point, if you are expecting to play Fire in raids, you will be pulling sub optimal damage, so if it is important to your guild than Fire will be unplayable. I am still hoping they revert their nerfs from last month.
    Yep I am currently collecting both a frost and a fire set and desperately hoping something is done with this rotting arm attached to my mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Me222 View Post
    Yep I am currently collecting both a frost and a fire set and desperately hoping something is done with this rotting arm attached to my mage.
    Same. Thanks to my wonderful luck with the personal loot system so far, I have some potential fire pieces with crit on them I can use potentially. However finding an Off-hand, trinkets, chest, and gloves are apparently impossible for me grrrrr.

Deleted
    Yeah I've been banking the extra crit pieces I have drop in case Blizzard finally decides that the 90 balance nerfs were full retard.

I am utterly disappointed by the fact how fire-mages are treated so far. What are they thinking? I really like the way fire is designed, but if you manage to get bottom last DPS-wise, it is no fun at all. Is there any way to make that clear to Blizzard? Is it possible to make some kind of statement or petition, something like, "We stand together or else leave the game" or something like this! I hated playing frost and still do, damnit. I don't want to be forced to play a spec.

Let me know what your thoughts are!