Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Are you a glass half empty or glass half full person?

I am a glass half empty person always have been. Im never satisfied with anything , every day is a curse rather than a gift and I only notice or mostly notice the bad in every situation, struggled with depression and anxiety since the 10th grade. While I was in school I was the outcast I belonged to no social group and most people wanted nothing to do with me.

So far Ive turned out to be quite the failure in life despite having two parents that never seprated and never seeing any type of abuse at home. We weren't poor either. I just dont seem to be wired with optimism, good work ethic-motivation. I believe i was babied to the point where I have become a weakling and I truly believe that If I had come from a broken home I would of done better than I am doing right now.

Deleted
    I'm a "there isn't even a glass" person.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a "there's something in the glass" kinda guy.

Deleted
    The glass is the wrong size.

Depends on if the glass is being poured into or poured out of. Perspective is crucial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    The glass is the wrong size.
    Indeed - and a very practical and correct answer.

I usually complain about what is in the glass and not so much about how much there is and my next question would be: Who has the bottle?

But if you want to know if I'm a positiv or negativ guy, that depends on my mood and the subject. When it comes to politics and social issues I'm a pessimistic person because usually only the powerful, greedy and ruthless win and nobody really cares about the well beeing of others. When it comes to my personal life I'm optimistic that I will always find a solution and everything will turn out ok. Really depends on the subject.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2014-09-20 at 10:40 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by -Raer- View Post
    I'm a "there's something in the glass" kinda guy.
    This right here is what I came to say hah.

Glass half empty, because this is a good excuse to fill my glass again.

I find the general assertions to be quite the opposite
    If your glass is half full you should be upset that you are only running at 50% of the maximum capacity, if your glass is half empty, then you should be excited you arent running at 0% capacity.

7+ Year Old Account
    Glass half empty. I'm one of the biggest pessemists I know. I haven't had a single optimistic thought in many years. I live by Murphy's Law.

I'm the guy that's gonna drink what ever is in that glass

Deleted
    I'm Irish.

Glasses are either in a state of fullness, or refilling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Half empty. I'm just someone who if expecting something to be better, I hope for it to be so, and when it doesn't get better or even gets worse, I just lose any sense of caring about it.
    This is very much the case with so much happening in wow and warcraft overall these days. I didn't USE to feel this way, but disappointing story development, disappointment from things said they'd develop and then scrap, the same formula for gameplay every expansion, and the overall look of the game itself.

I'm not someone who expects to be given things, I know that you need to work for things in this life. But theres a difference between working for things for yourself, and paying to play a game you wish could be so much better then it is, but never shows signs of doing so. Its like giving money to help a friend get over his crack addiction, to buy food and shelter, but all you end up finding is him using you charity for more crack, you just give up caring.

And yeah, my pessimism has grown so much in the last 5-6 years, I dunno if its my natural progression, or if its just the things I've been around.. certain doesn't help with the attitude of wows community.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2014-09-20 at 10:55 PM.
    #boycottchina

But... what is a glass? What is the purpose of it? Does it not have a higher purpose? Do we not all have a higher purpose? Does it even matter? Who cares if it is a glass, in this vast universe, what does 1 glass matter? It does not, that is the answer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Half empty. I'm just someone who if expecting something to be better, I hope for it to be so, and when it doesn't get better or even gets worse, I just lose any sense of caring about it.
    This is very much the case with so much happening in wow and warcraft overall these days. I didn't USE to feel this way, but disappointing story development, disappointment from things said they'd develop and then scrap, the same formula for gameplay every expansion, and the overall look of the game itself.

I'm not someone who expects to be given things, I know that you need to work for things in this life. But theres a difference between working for things for yourself, and paying to play a game you wish could be so much better then it is, but never shows signs of doing so. Its like giving money to help a friend get over his crack addiction, to buy food and shelter, but all you end up finding is him using you charity for more crack, you just give up caring.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...InIndifference

I've been in that state for awhile.

If you believe in hope and optimism, you believe in something. It might not be religion but mathematics will tell you that there is no such thing as hope or optimism. It's just odds.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I'm the "glass is full of half liquid and half gas" guy.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm an optimistic pessimist if there's such a thing. Glass is half empty, so what? At least it's not empty.

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I believe perspective is most important, theoretical glass being half full or empty depend on how full or empty it should be.
    Space magic.