Best Tank in WoD?

Hey quick question for any beta testers out there, I'm going to be main tank for a progression guild come WoD and am curious as to what class the best tank is atm in WoD? I have a Warrior I'm leaning towards but am curious as to any beta testers opinion. Thanks!

15+ Year Old Account
    Whichever one you enjoy playing best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Whichever one you enjoy playing best.
    This x1000

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.. Tanks fluctuate heavily.. and frankly tanks aren't so reliant on being the "Best" By default DKs are usually the "Best" when they overgear shit. But for progression? I think it's even.

So, Roahn's lift of tanks, and how fun they are

Death knight: Very easy to play at the moment, also very strong. Unfortunatly though as it stands, the play style is currently unbearable.

Druid: Much the same, they are very "Tough" But after the changes, they are very simple, and while there is some complexity if you want.. it doesn't actually help at all

Paladin: So far, with the divine storm, this class feels very fast, It has to sacrifice power for high HP, but it can hold it's own. It's control is amazing

Warrior: I have no tried, but I hear it's similar to the paladin in speed, plus the new glad stance seems fun

Monk: Highly complex, and doesn't have the reward

Read:Top( least fun, most OP) Bottom (Most fun, least OP)
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Oh another "progression guild tank" asking what fotm is.

If you actually followed tanking discussions you'd know tanking is in a huge state of flux atm. Anyone claiming to know the answer to your question is stupid. Anyone that needs to ask is clueless.

While beta is beta and everything is subject to change, warrior is currently fairly dominant in pretty much every regard. While I do expect tank balance to get better, I do not expect much to be done to actually bring them in line. Tank balance has been a woeful thing for awhile now.

~Disgruntled DK, take with a grain of QQ-salt

Warrior can swap just 1 talent and also be an awesome DPS more mobility than other tanks and nice cooldowns personal and for raid.

It's the tier for Warriors, so Warriors.

Warriors are the strongest, the rest are pretty well in line with each other. War nerfs are likely to happen as Shield Barrier is still way too strong compared to other tanks AM.

Every tank is going to be able to tank everything, there isn't some magical win button tank, and if you think there ever is you're wrong. If you're at the bleeding edge of progression, which I doubt seeing as you're asking this question then War as it stands now otherwise it doesn't matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    Warrior can swap just 1 talent and also be an awesome DPS more mobility than other tanks and nice cooldowns personal and for raid.
    Brewmasters beg to differ.

Also using "personal" cds as a reason to choose a tank sounds like some terrible advice. You are right wars are the strongest right now but 2 of your points are not the reason why, and you didn't even list the biggest factor which is Shield Barrier is strong as hell still.

Warrior > Paladin = druid > Monk = Dk
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    tanking is in a huge state of flux atm. Anyone claiming to know the answer to your question is stupid.
    This. Tanking is changing with every single build. It's not even close to an acceptable state right now, so expect more major changes.

We did some "normal" Highmaul this weekend and tank survivability was a serious struggle on some fights. I don't think they've rebalanced tank damage to compensate for the HUGE changes tank survival has undergone in the last few weeks. Monks just get one-shot. Warrior active mitigation is useless. Paladins can't heal themselves for shit. Druids and DKs are ok. I think bosses are still just hitting way too hard.

After SB nerf, Warrior isn't in the great spot it was in, but is still relatively strong (compared to BrM which is the other tank I've tested most). Brewmaster is very squishy right now but still does high dps when it's not busy being dead.

Deleted
    I think the new design goal is to make the value of tanks much less relevant, so you will probably be fine playing whatever class you want, in whatever way you please.