15+ Year Old Account

Draenei Male - Chintacles

I really hope they will still make the Draenei male chintacles 3D and perhaps add more polygons.. We've seen that it can be done in numerous official in-game cinematics so I seriously doubt its not possible for the devs to implement this. Also I doubt that the polycount would increase too much, because if I look at some of the other hairstyles like the Dwarf beards they seem to have a lot more than 3D chintacles would have.

Honestly I wouldn't care if the metal parts get bent during animation.. I find that less of a deal breaker than them looking to be painted on there.

Also I was wondering why they can't make a geoset where the chintacle attaches to the the face similar to how the horns of the Taurens seem to protrude out of their skull. Instead of you know.. having the metal come out of their face when it is not portrayed like that in any artwork at all.

On a side note some of the facial hair looks really bad model wise and parts texture wise as well. Some of the textures have too much level of detail compared to the rest of the hair textures which breaks the cohesiveness a little bit.

So here's to asking the devs to get them in before 6.0 hits the live servers.
    "Do. not. touch. The HAIR!!"

Better off informing them of your critique on their forums or tweeting them. And i dont think the models are "finished" until posted on the WoD website/announced by blizzard.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xene View Post
    And i dont think the models are "finished" until posted on the WoD website/announced by blizzard.
    Good point! Frankly, the beauty of WoW being an online is that it's never truly finished because they can always improve it with updates. So technically you should never criticize anything in WoW because in a way it's not actually complete. We should only be allowed to mention critical thoughts about the game after it has died and the servers have been shut down because until then nothing in the game is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    Good point! Frankly, the beauty of WoW being an online is that it's never truly finished because they can always improve it with updates. So technically you should never criticize anything in WoW because in a way it's not actually complete. We should only be allowed to mention critical thoughts about the game after it has died and the servers have been shut down because until then nothing in the game is finished.
    Way to blow it all out of proportion. When it comes to player models, what we get on the day 6.0 launches is what we are going to get. It's unlikely that they'll make any changes beyond then, for the sake of not making any more jarring changes than they need to.

But when we are looking at the content in a Beta, then absolutely, we can't make any final judgements until we start getting release candidate builds, at the very least.
    You just lost The Game