Page 45 of 122 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    disc can't do much vs expel magic: shadow ... what?

you realise your 150k shields ignor the "healing absorb" thing right?

as pos3 said, disc is actually the only healer who can provide sustain to the raid during that. not to mention barrier reduces the healing absorb value (think devo works too, i guess it would).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Disc is strong on every fight. However, it is not the most dominating healer on every fight. Aside from Kargath, it will never be the "top throughput" healer" but it will never be weak either.

Depends on how you look at it. They are bad at bringing mushrooms up, but hands down the best healer at stopping mushrooms from going down - this means they are terribad at Living Mushrooms, where you just need them to stay up for 15 seconds or so and let it die afterwards, but absolutely disgusting for indefinitely lengthening the duration of Rejuvenating Mushrooms.

Why? Disc can shield targets with Expel Shadow so other healers can take their time and hot away the debuff slowly. In fact, disc is the only healer able to continue "healing", stopping health bars from going down, during the duration of this debuff.

Have to agree with everything you say here. It's nice that there's not a dominating healer. We all have our uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycheh View Post
    Have to agree with everything you say here. It's nice that there's not a dominating healer. We all have our uses.
    It depends on a fight-to-fight basis and the damage patterns. For example, disc obviously destroys every other healer on Kargath with their ability to block the majority of any unavoidable damage taken on that fight.

For fights like Butcher, throughput healers with a combination of strong grouped healing and efficient HoTs dominate.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

It depends on a fight-to-fight basis and the damage patterns. For example, disc obviously destroys every other healer on Kargath with their ability to block the majority of any unavoidable damage taken on that fight.

For fights like Butcher, throughput healers with a combination of strong grouped healing and efficient HoTs dominate.
    Meanwhile, disc gets to reign supreme on the tanks to let the throughput healers do their job -
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&target=16
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&target=15

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Meanwhile, disc gets to reign supreme on the tanks to let the throughput healers do their job -
    Mhmm, which proves my point - Disc is strong on every fight, but doesn't dominate all of them per se.

That being said, EAA PoH/PI PWS spam is fantastic on the active soaking group.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    How can you even say that. Disc priests are consistently top 2 on every single fight on logs. Not even surprising Blizzard's favorite child is on top again...
    Your rage sustains me.

Deleted
    I know im not a good log reader but, what is wrong with those logs? Looks bugged? The hps numbers are so low and tanks are top healing? We did it 21 heroic but numbers are like 30k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    I know im not a good log reader but, what is wrong with those logs? Looks bugged? The hps numbers are so low and tanks are top healing? We did it 21 heroic but numbers are like 30k.
    That is healing done on the tanks. Same kill but all friendlies here. That healing spread with Monk, Druid and Shaman on top looks good. Hopefully a similar balance continues.

If your paladin and death knight tanks are good, they should be doing most of the healing on themselves.

Deleted
    Oh haha my bad, i got really confused there. We got a pala tank and his healing was also pretty decent i think.

Tho my CoW cast are alot greater cause we had me focus on tanks and rest on raid, and they were close to dying even with me spamming them. But would be better to also be able to focus on raid, having 2 offspec druid healers didn´t help. Soon with the Holy pala incoming it should be more smooth hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    That is healing done on the tanks. Same kill but all friendlies here. That healing spread with Monk, Druid and Shaman on top looks good. Hopefully a similar balance continues.

If your paladin and death knight tanks are good, they should be doing most of the healing on themselves.
    Indeed. Important to note that we literally brute forced the encounter - 2x groups of 14, with 4x stacks on each before switching. It isn't possible to do a more damage intensive tactic, and we took about 80-90K DPS more than other "normal" butcher heroic kills, looking at logs. This is basicly as good as it gets in terms of trying to predict how healers will function under extreme mythic healing conditions (and obviously, the druid/paladin that are low, are alts).

Quote Originally Posted by laalipop View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I like the niche Disc currently has, I'm not allowed to share links yet, but 70% of my healing has been just to tanks so far. It is a fun niche because it seems like tanks are getting destroyed in heroic, as in I couldn't take my eyes off them for more than a few GCDs or I'd be playing catchup, but on some fights it would be nice for WoM/90 Talents to actually be a viable option to do real healing instead of just absorbing and hoping the others pick up the runoff. Brackenspore was a good example of this to me, I didn't help heal the mushroom and short of a PW:S on it, was exclusively on tanks, just made me feel like I wasn't doing the mechanics right.
    Lolwut

i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...5&type=summary

Brackenspore, Tectus, Twins and some tries on Ko'ragh Heroic.

Having no real mana issues using Mind Bender and no spirit from gear other then the trinket from Ko'ragh normal. PwS makes up atleast 40% of healing on every fight even if I'm just using it situationally and on tanks. Still havn't tested spirit shell to much, using PI atm but it seems a bit of a waste with the on use haste trinket. I imagine Spirit shell is very strong on Brackenspore where the expensive mana cost of applying it isn't really an issue.
    Last edited by Zypher; 2014-12-07 at 10:44 PM.

Why multistrike doesn't work with absobs? Is it okay? I have about 10% multistrike from my gear and these 10% are useless at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ember View Post
    Why multistrike doesn't work with absobs? Is it okay? I have about 10% multistrike from my gear and these 10% are useless at all.
    It does. It just adds power to the absorb, so your combat log can't track it.

Deleted
    It does. It just adds power to the absorb, so your combat log can't track it.
    Kinda wish we could track it, it's always interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypher View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...5&type=summary

Brackenspore, Tectus, Twins and some tries on Ko'ragh Heroic.

Having no real mana issues using Mind Bender and no spirit from gear other then the trinket from Ko'ragh normal. PwS makes up atleast 40% of healing on every fight even if I'm just using it situationally and on tanks. Still havn't tested spirit shell to much, using PI atm but it seems a bit of a waste with the on use haste trinket. I imagine Spirit shell is very strong on Brackenspore where the expensive mana cost of applying it isn't really an issue.
    You are also casting wayyyyyyy less than other disc priests doing the same fights with Solace.

Not to mention, your Brackenspore strat is quite obviously flawed.

I think the only part I'm unsure right now is when it's appropriate to use archangel.. I almost always forget to use prayer of healing on it and since spirit shell is not really that useful right now because of its mana impact, well.

That is probably the most clunky part right now.

Well so far I can say I'm happy there is no other disc priest in my raid, because weakened soul would be a really bad thing to share.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

You are also casting wayyyyyyy less than other disc priests doing the same fights with Solace.

Not to mention, your Brackenspore strat is quite obviously flawed.
    Casting way less what? Overall? How did you come to that conclusion?

Yes I could definitely improve on Brackenspore, I should have made a lot different talent choices for starters. Care to elaborate how else I could improve?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I think the only part I'm unsure right now is when it's appropriate to use archangel.. I almost always forget to use prayer of healing on it and since spirit shell is not really that useful right now because of its mana impact, well.
    I wonder this as well.
    I don't effectivly use my EAA. Rather I don't remember that I used it at all (6/7 HC). I have 2 druids in my raid so on e.g butcher I shield the soaking player but they slowly tick up by the hots applied to them. A PoH would be a waste of mana and generating unnecessary overheal (no numbers, just a feeling and common sense?).
    Ah well I should use it with FH...

A question about warcraftlogs: Are the prayer of mending casts real casts and words of mending effect doesn't count into that?
    Looking at a high parse from Mar'gok HC from Turniquet (can't link.. I am a too passive forum reader.. )
    Did Turniquet actually cast PoM 17 times? And the hits (208) are that high because of the WoM? (~32 PoM due to WoM)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post

That is probably the most clunky part right now.

Well so far I can say I'm happy there is no other disc priest in my raid, because weakened soul would be a really bad thing to share.

I think spirit shell is useful for imperator heroic. I would try to spirit shell every group before the force novas happened. Seemed to work well.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ing&source=249