Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking the new loot system was loot that changed with spec but didn't show any extra stats on it like intellect or whatever on it that completely flip to adjust like the tokens on timeless isle. It's really weird seeing a bunch of gear with intellect and strength on it from the start.

I feel like the whole loot system this expansion is just going to cause an uproar with people, between tier the chance at bonus stats and sockets, and all loot of each armor class being able to be used by everyone. Everyone's just going to need on everything.
    The only place I can see this being a problem is in pug normal/heroic/mythic raids were the raid leader is not competent enough to lay down loot rules before the raid begins. LFR is personal loot, guilds that have competent raid/guild leaders have systems all ready in place or are getting them in place to compensate for this change.

Overall not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    The only place I can see this being a problem is in pug normal/heroic/mythic raids were the raid leader is not competent enough to lay down loot rules before the raid begins. LFR is personal loot, guilds that have competent raid/guild leaders have systems all ready in place or are getting them in place to compensate for this change.

Overall not a big deal.
    I'm not sure if this is correct, but I read some time ago that normal and heroic drops will be personal loots as well (since they are "Flex"), only mythics have raid loot drops
    can anyone confirm this?
    Don't make funny of me, If you don't understand what I said.
    I'm just a guy with poor studies, that don't have english as first language

Personal Loot is optional in normal/heroic, leader can set this option.

Quote Originally Posted by promithius View Post
    Personal Loot is optional in normal/heroic, leader can set this option.
    seriously? but how this work?
    For example, in the normal raid loot drops the boss is supposed to drop 3 items, if you change to personal loot it will drop 1 item to 3 random player? or it will be based on personal player RNG, and have the possibility to every player get 1 item?

Quote Originally Posted by Diograo View Post
    seriously? but how this work?
    For example, in the normal raid loot drops the boss is supposed to drop 3 items, if you change to personal loot it will drop 1 item to 3 random player? or it will be based on personal player RNG, and have the possibility to every player get 1 item?
    Just like how LFR works now. Everyone has a chance at something. So you could get a rare situation where no one gets loot, but you could also have a rare situation where everyone gets loot! Should average out to be about the same in the end.

that sounds great
    I think that at the beginning of raid tier, where everyone want/need loot, it should be better to change to personal loot (thinking to a fixed guild core)
    and then, after the average ilvl gets better, and only a few spots of gear is needed, its better to change back to normal raid loot

I liked it, fits better to my casual guild core

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    Not going to deny having it as a lvl100 talent does feel pretty awk, but i guess it gives someone something to work towards.
    I'm looking forward to playing it, a lot more than I originally thought, I don't see it being arena 2000+ viable but for fucking around in bgs, sure.
    I can see if being made into a 4th spec eventually but that'll probably happen 2 expansions from now, when it really should happen now, but typical blizzard making QoL/neccesary changes years later. Not bashing just stating.
    Except right now it does more damage than fury or arms

Quote Originally Posted by TylerWildstar View Post
    Except right now it does more damage than fury or arms
    On pure single target damage on a dummy at lvl100 Gladiator Stance is about equal with Arms and noticeably ahead of Fury. In realistic raiding situations with full raid buffs, bloodlust and more than 1 target to attack it's behind both, considerably. And most raiding situations come under that scenario. At level 90 the numbers are completely different due to lack of the level 100 perks, much higher gear levels (relative to character level) and different set bonuses. Nevermind Gladiator Stance, on the dummies at level 90 with my char copied over I was competitive with Arms/Fury while in defensive stance.

At level 100 on the dummies I'd come to the conclusion that Fury wasn't that great, it does quite a bit less dps now with 5parts heroic tier set (ilvl680) than I was doing in full Ilvl660 PVP gear when we still had Colossus Smash (even since the SD and Execute buffs). But raid testing the Twin Ogrons I was just smashing everyone, the burst damage on the pull was through the roof too with such low GCD's (Bloodlust), and with all the Sudden Death procs and monstrous Execute crits.

I haven't tested them side by side on 2 targets to know if Gladiator is competitive (i'd imagine it'd be alright with heroic cleave and revenge here), but as you add more targets it just falls away because thunderclap + deep wounds is too weak and it has no other real AOE. And even in the case of it being ok on 2 target cleave, Arms is better.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-09-26 at 03:05 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I can already forsee that I'm going to be annoyed at sword & board warriors who say "I'm DPS!" Nah... get your ass into tanking stance, brah.
    Blizzard has already announced that gladiator stance will be competitive with other damage dealing specializations. This is a really ignorant post, and there are several ignorant posts following it no doubt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    I just think it's kind of bs that they go through all of this effort to make tanking warriors a dps spec but completely eliminate the idea of warlocks ever being able to tank.
    Where did you get 'ever' from? They can certainly change this in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shomari View Post
    I'd have preferred blizz focus their time on getting arms and fury right rather than playing around with a pseudo 4th spec.
    Why do you feel this is mutually exclusive?