Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Random Games You Want Others To Play

For my entry I'll make it short..

Just started playing this Source Mod on Steam called "Fistful of Frags" it is a western shooter, quite fun. I believe it's free for all systems. (Mac, Linux, PC)

Quite fun, just remember, aim is important, so you have to stop or walk to get an accurate shot, fun shoot outs in bars etc.

What is your game you want others to play?

I want more people to play more indie games.

The Swapper, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, Papers, Please, Shadowrun Returns, Binding of Isaac, BIT.TRIP Presents...Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, Botanicula, Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons, Cthulhu Saves the World, Dust: An Elysian Tale, Gone Home, Hotline Miami, Joe Danger, Legend of Grimrock, Machinarium, Mark of the Ninja, One Finger Death Punch, Orcs Must Die! 2, Risk of Rain, Rogue Legacy, Sequence, Spelunky, The Stanley Parable, Super Hexagon, Terraria, Thomas Was Alone...and many more.

There's tons of high quality, cheap indie games, but I frequently hear people associate the word 'indie' with 'bad', and that's simply not the case.

But that's more like a 'Random list you want others to play'. So, in the spirit of this thread, and rant aside, I'll simply go with The Swapper. Amazing atmosphere, beautiful visuals (made with freaking clay IRL!), interesting story, intelligent puzzles, fun swapping mechanic, the list goes on. I'm enamored by this game.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post

The Swapper, Octodad: Dadliest Catch...
    I stopped when you mentioned... Wailing 'Round like an Idiot & Nobody Gives a @#%& Simulator 2014... Damn, that was a good game... up until it tried to be a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I stopped when you mentioned... Wailing 'Round like an Idiot & Nobody Gives a @#%& Simulator 2014... Damn, that was a good game... up until it tried to be a game.
    Huh. People have different opinions. I like it, therefore someone likes it. You're wrong.

And I sincerely have a hard time taking anyone seriously that has that signature.

And feel free to contribute to the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not Serious Sam .
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spelunky is free on playstation plus this month. omg that game is hard.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deadly premonition. Experience it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eve online. World of Tanks. Civ 3-4-5, Heroes 3-4-5-6. Red alert 1-2, neverwinter nights 1-2
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

-Patapon- for the play station portable (PSP) it might be one of my all time favorite games that none of my friends have heard of. Possibly the greatest music based game ever, it has an amazing sound track and you control your little army by playing the drums to a beat. Each button has a sound (pon pon pata pon for example could be to attack which would be circle circle triangle circle) and by creating phrases with the buttons you command your units to either move attack defend and a few other special things. You unlock more and more troop types so the fighting gets very tactical.
    It has boss fights, quests such as to save a princess from bandits or destroy an enemy tribes fortress.
    But it probably had the most memorable mini game I have ever experienced. You play the sax and have a jazz battle with a giant tree trying to mimic the song he plays. It was a way to get better equipment for your troops and every time the song was different so it was like another game in itself
    Last edited by Some Vanilla Player; 2014-10-29 at 01:11 AM.

If you haven't played it before, Need for Speed: High Stakes for the PC platform. (Comes with a nice expansion!) It isn't difficult to install on modern operating systems if you fallow this video.

My all time favourite NFS game. You'll might like it, might hate it. It's an old arcade racer with police chases that all blends well with 90's inteligent DnB. It's predecessor, Hot Pursuit III is also great.
    Last edited by Libram; 2014-10-29 at 01:55 AM.

Oh, I almost forgot to plug a childhood favorite game of mine: Majesty.

It's an RTS where you can't directly control your units. Their behavior can be influenced with things such as attack and explore flags, but it mainly comes down to the unit's personalities themselves: rogues will want to steal and gain money, paladins will want to eliminate threats, rangers will want to explore (and remove the fog of war), etc. Love this game to pieces.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post

The Swapper, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, Papers, Please, Shadowrun Returns, Binding of Isaac, BIT.TRIP Presents...Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, Botanicula, Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons, Cthulhu Saves the World, Dust: An Elysian Tale, Gone Home, Hotline Miami, Joe Danger, Legend of Grimrock, Machinarium, Mark of the Ninja, One Finger Death Punch, Orcs Must Die! 2, Risk of Rain, Rogue Legacy, Sequence, Spelunky, The Stanley Parable, Super Hexagon, Terraria, Thomas Was Alone...and many more.

There's tons of high quality, cheap indie games, but I frequently hear people associate the word 'indie' with 'bad', and that's simply not the case.

But that's more like a 'Random list you want others to play'. So, in the spirit of this thread, and rant aside, I'll simply go with The Swapper. Amazing atmosphere, beautiful visuals (made with freaking clay IRL!), interesting story, intelligent puzzles, fun swapping mechanic, the list goes on. I'm enamored by this game.
    Why would you want others to play single player games. Also majority of those games are extremely successful and mainstream indie games up to a point where I don't even consider them indie. (since a lot of them work(ed) with bigger companies.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Why would you want others to play single player games.
    All of my what? I can't begin to wrap my head around that logic.

Also majority of those games are extremely successful and mainstream indie games up to a point where I don't even consider them indie. (since a lot of them work(ed) with bigger companies.)
    I disagree, but feel free to correct me as I may be wrong: what games are you referring to, specifically?

Being a ''successful'' Indie game doesn't make them AAA...
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2014-10-29 at 02:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm obsessed with old abandonwares and would love if some of my friends would get in on it. Theme Hospital is awesome, as are all of the Sierra city builders (caesar, zeus, pharoah, empire). I know a few people who have at least played those, but my little gem that I haven't met a single person who has even heard of is Lara Bow and the Dagger of Amon Ra.....I could play that game forever and never get bored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doom 2. I know many people here haven't played such old games, but this game is truly a gem, best FPS ever IMO. The original game looks awful today, but there are zillions of ports with good graphics and smoother gameplay, such as this one:
    Doomsday Engine
    It lets you play it in 4K, and you can find HQ texture, model packs and such on the same website.

Of course Doom 1, Hexen and Heretic are all must play as well.

Majesty 2. A very simple super good game that pretty much nobody ever played.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Jade Cocoon game was amazing back in my childhood days
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of Sono Hanabira, and osu!.

Deleted
    Factorio for some factory making.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know a very old game that is also good (and hard):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syndicate_%28video_game%29

Don't sweat the details!!!