Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Careful..words like that will get a ban from Endus.
    I'm sure it is.

When the penalty for the most minor of crimes is torture and/or death, people tend to behave themselves.
    This video definitely makes ISIL even more troubling in a way. They were able to assimilate this city and many others into their own state of order frighteningly easy. They're clearly not just a ragtag hoard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    This ISIS fiasco will continue for years I fear, and alot of blood will be shed before it's all said and done. Such a shame that the world is still like this in 2014..
    blame america...if they go in again, and kill isis leaders there will be yet another power vacum to be filled...

Deleted
    Thought it was murica with all them guns open carry is a fundemental right burrrrr. But srsly. ISIS has like 8million hostages (essentially) who are about to be bombed to fuck (stupid). They practice clerical fascism, rule via fear and are generally cunts. More to say here?

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    blame america...if they go in again, and kill isis leaders there will be yet another power vacum to be filled...
    "But we're American. We don't quit just because we're wrong we just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right." - Ed Wuncler Sr.

Seriously though, as much as the US was responsible for the power vacuums do you really think it's best we just let them be?

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I wish I was lol.
    It's hard to take people who have a persecution complex seriously. I know from experience that people like that actively try to instigate conflicts so that they can eventually be targeted for disciplinary actions, thus proving they're being persecuted. *hint, I see you doing exactly that in a lot of threads* *wink*

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, if they had legitimate claims to a country and gave everyone the option of leaving, I would have no problem with them existing within their own borders. What's problematic is how they go about creating this "Islamic" state, not that it exists.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I do not think saying that generally, with all of it's issues, Western Culture is better then cultures based on dogmatic religions or political parties would get a person banned.
    All countries have dogmatic values and culture, the fact that theirs stem from religion isn't inherently worse.

- - - Updated - - -

My problem is that Islamic state, to them means something very different from the "Islam" that most people practice.
    Yeah, but if everyone who lived there wanted to be there, I don't see the problem with that.

I think it actually seemed kindof normal to me considering the location, it's not unusual for people to carry weapons with them in that region of the world. The interaction between the woman and the man in the car could have escalated to a scary situation, however....man apparently not just wearing the niqab is sufficient there, it has to be of a certain thickness too? Although the niqab is a little more liberal then the burqa, I suppose...I would have thought that ISIS would have required full coverage in that region.

The women in the video sound rather ignorant of the atrocities being carried out in that region, which is not surprising. They really seem convinced that the Western media is completely biased.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I don't know, as weird as it is they do mostly seem happy. Not to mention it seems ISIL is just as choosy with the tenants they enforce as any normal religious person - the women are allowed to walk around freely as long as they are covered.

The one interaction between her and the guy who came up in a car was unexpected too. I expected more of an aggressive tone from him. Not essentially -

Man - "Hello, you should cover up more."

Woman - "Oh sorry, I know that my burqa is a little thin."

Man - "God loves women that cover themselves."

Woman - "Thank you, have a nice day."

They depart.
    You might expected people to be hiding and scare all over the place? Violence everywhere and random people shooting their machine guns to the air? I actually understand that thought when we always see in most media violence and firefights when this middle east countries are mentioned but is not like these guys cannot live their normal lives even when the ISIL is occupaing the city. I mean, they might be intolerant and they´ll hurt you or kill you if you don´t follow their rules but as long as you do what they say you to do you´ll be "fine". Don´t get me wrong, that´s quite horrible and I´m truly against it but it´s not like they are demons or monsters. Just disgustting human beings.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, as weird as it is they do mostly seem happy. Not to mention it seems ISIL is just as choosy with the tenants they enforce as any normal religious person - the women are allowed to walk around freely as long as they are covered.

The one interaction between her and the guy who came up in a car was unexpected too. I expected more of an aggressive tone from him. Not essentially -

Man - "Hello, you should cover up more."

Woman - "Oh sorry, I know that my burqa is a little thin."

Man - "God loves women that cover themselves."

Woman - "Thank you, have a nice day."

They depart.
    I don't think if there is a nice way to tell someone to cover up more.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Honestly, if they had legitimate claims to a country and gave everyone the option of leaving, I would have no problem with them existing within their own borders. What's problematic is how they go about creating this "Islamic" state, not that it exists.
    How they are going about it is more or less what it means to have one, at least for the fundamentalist school of Islam, if they want to do this thing "old school" which they clearly do.

"But we're American. We don't quit just because we're wrong we just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right." - Ed Wuncler Sr.

Seriously though, as much as the US was responsible for the power vacuums do you really think it's best we just let them be?
    Best for us, or best for them?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Best for us, or best for them?
    who's them? ISIS or the people they behead for believing in a different interpretation of the Quran?
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Everyone on that street was a militant or at least militant friendly, why not carpet bomb them?.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2014-09-25 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    who's them? ISIS or the people they behead for believing in a different interpretation of the Quran?
    Well, it's certainly better for the civilian population. They're not getting blown to bits.
    It's worse for ISIS, because the US isn't running free ads for them anymore.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Are you being facetious?
    No. He isn't. Questionable "actioning" going on in the OT forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Well, it's certainly better for the civilian population. They're not getting blown to bits.
    It's worse for ISIS, because the US isn't running free ads for them anymore.
    Americans left Iraq alone since 2011, and people were still getting blown to bits on the daily. At least when we blow people to bits, we don't behead the survivors.

Ugh, so why are we (the Western world) bombing ISIS again? Their daily life seems A LOT better than Kurdish and Shia Iraq where death squads roam freely killing anyone with the wrong ethnicity and religion, and car bombs are going off on a regular basis. Yet here unaccompanied women are freely browing the web in internet cafes - sounds almost First World.

‘The death squads are back, we have to flee Baghdad’
    Shia death squads return to Baghdad

From The Times article:

Shia women show they are prepared to join government forces against jihadists

I say we should turn our guns on the Kurds, Yazidis and Shias (who btw are in cahoots with our mortal enemy Iran), they seem worse than ISIS.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Ugh, so why are we (the Western world) bombing ISIS again? Their daily life seems A LOT better than Kurdish and Shia Iraq where death squads roam freely killing anyone with the wrong ethnicity and religion, and car bombs are going off on a regular basis. Yet here unaccompanied women are freely browing the web in internet cafes - sounds almost First World.

From The Times article:

I say we should turn our guns on the Kurds, Yazidis and Shias (who btw are in cahoots with our mortal enemy Iran), they seem worse than ISIS.
    Well right now we are concerned with isis, there is plenty of time for the others later on.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post

From The Times article:

You forgot to say that under ISIS the trains run on time.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland