Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Why do girls be flaking?

In other words, why do they act interested and give you the number only to passively reject you over time via not ever having time to hang.

I've noticed quite a few girls do this. Simply saying no when the # is asked for nips it on the bud and doesn't present the illusion that you got past the first hurdle.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good question.

We're gonna need to study the aforementioned girls' corpus callosums and see what brain activity is happening when under those situations.

If there are any definite answers, you'll find it there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    My being kind of a dick has nothing to do with my political views.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I live in the US. My cucumbers come with labels that say, "Not for use by children under the age of 8. Do not feed the cucumber after midnight. Do not deep throat the cucumber. For external use only."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because Women are interested in pursuing answers.

You ever feel like you're out with a girl and everything is clicking, you're showing interest and vice versa, and she she's laughing at your jokes? Everything went so well, yet the next date never comes? It's because she knows what you want, she knows where this is going. It's boring.

She doesn't say no to your number because you haven't proven yourself to be that guy yet. When you repeatedly text her, basically show her what you want and convey that you're interested, THAT'S when you become that guy, that's when she loses interest.

It's really too much to answer in one post, if you're interested in female psychology and aren't afraid of becoming cynical you should take a look at Strauss or go and seek out other PUA forums. It's pretty interesting stuff.
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2014-09-23 at 04:24 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post

You ever feel like you're out with a girl and everything is clicking, you're showing interest and vice versa, and she she's laughing at your jokes? Everything went so well, yet the next date never comes? It's because she knows what you want, she knows where this is going. It's boring.

She doesn't say no to your number because you haven't proven yourself to be that guy yet. When you repeatedly text her, basically show her what you want and convey that you're interested, THAT'S when you become that guy, that's when she loses interest.
    So, what? Ignore her for an "appropriate" amount of time is the only solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    My being kind of a dick has nothing to do with my political views.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I live in the US. My cucumbers come with labels that say, "Not for use by children under the age of 8. Do not feed the cucumber after midnight. Do not deep throat the cucumber. For external use only."

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    In other words, why do they act interested and give you the number only to passively reject you over time via not ever having time to hang.

I've noticed quite a few girls do this. Simply saying no when the # is asked for nips it on the bud and doesn't present the illusion that you got past the first hurdle.
    Because they don't want to hang out with you, and didn't want to be mean to your face.

It's called picking up on hints. Why feel compelled to pursue someone who doesn't want to hang out with you, anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    Because they don't want to hang out with you, and didn't want to be mean to your face.

It's called picking up on hints. Why feel compelled to pursue someone who doesn't want to hang out with you, anyway?
    No. I'm not gonna overanalyze things. If I do, I make threads about why some chicks flip their hair all the fucking time. Nope. Never again. That only makes the matter worse and is still an assumption at best.

They could just be direct. It's not like i'm gonna be pissed off at them.

^^^^^^^^
    She doesn't want to take the chance that you won't get pissed. It's also a lot easier to just ignore someone texting you than to tell them you aren't interested face-to-face.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post

She was laughing at your jokes to be polite. She got to know you and wasn't attracted to you. Sorry your ~perfect date~ didn't actually go as well as you thought.

OP, she didn't want to be mean to your face. Just forget about her.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It just happens for one reason or another. Whatever the reason, who knows?

They probably found someone better and it's best to simply just move and find another girl because texting after her does jack all and reeks of desperation.

At least you know it isn't something to do with you, they're just not reliable and very rarely direct in their intentions on their end and some people beat themselves up over it when they shouldn't.

Don't refer to cultural constructs and socially imposed ideals for behavior as "female psychology." It's trite, inaccurate, and obnoxious. Strauss can kiss my intellectually superior ass.
    -------
    The answer Big, is the same reason guys do it: Situations change, interest changes, and being willing to take or give a number doesn't mean someone wants to date you, it could just mean they *might* want to hang out sometime.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2014-09-23 at 04:32 AM.

No. I'm not gonna overanalyze things. If I do, I make threads about why some chicks flip their hair all the fucking time. Nope. Never again. That only makes the matter worse and is still an assumption at best.

Wait, what? What I said is the furthest from overanalyzing you can get. "She doesn't want to hang out. Alright, well, end of story. No loss." Obviously it's different if it's "oh, no, let's reschedule, how about blah blah", but if someone clearly isn't interested, then... well, what more is there to it? It's just common sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    it could just mean they *might* want to hang out sometime.
    Orbiting around a chick that doesn't even show up to something they claim they'll show up to aren't worth anyone's time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    Wait, what? What I said is the furthest from overanalyzing you can get. "She doesn't want to hang out. Alright, well, end of story. No loss." Obviously it's different if it's "oh, no, let's reschedule, how about blah blah", but if someone clearly isn't interested, then... well, what more is there to it? It's just common sense.
    I never suggested to be consistent about it. Generally, I give it the three strikes rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    Orbiting around a chick that doesn't even show up to something they claim they'll show up to aren't worth anyone's time.
    Your response isn't relevant to my statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't refer to cultural constructs and socially imposed ideals for behavior as "female psychology." It's trite, inaccurate, and obnoxious. Strauss can kiss my intellectually superior ass.
    -------
    The answer Big, is the same reason guys do it: Situations change, interest changes, and being willing to take or give a number doesn't mean someone wants to date you, it could just mean they *might* want to hang out sometime.
    Oh no. I don't think number=go time. Not at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your response isn't relevant to my statement.
    Woops, read it wrong.

Now to run off and hide.

See it's quite the double-edged sword. I usually start ignoring people when I've lost interest, but don't have a proper reason (guys will always ask if it's something they did, and it's never usually the case) OR I don't want to come across needy or clingy, so I give them space to see if they're interested. Best advice I can give you is be as encouraging as possible and straight up ask "hey, why don't you want to hang out"

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

They don't want to have to feel bad by rejecting someone to their face. Same with males though.

If they really like you they wont be flaky. Its what girls do. If A guy approaches a girl he doesn't know, if she thinks he is attractive then he is a great guy, if she doesn't find him attractive she'll say he is a creepy stalker. Its just how things work, its normal.
    Last edited by Sledfang; 2014-09-23 at 04:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

There have been incidents where women have rejected men face-to-face, only to end up being stabbed/punched/attacked moments later. So yeah. Most aren't going to assume 'he won't get mad!' and break it to you.

It could also be that initially there is some interest, that wanes as they get to know more about you/your intentions. Without meaning to single you out... the fact that you have to make this topic at all suggests the problem probably isn't with the 'chicks' rejecting you.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    There have been incidents where women have rejected men face-to-face, only to end up being stabbed/punched/attacked moments later. So yeah. Most aren't going to assume 'he won't get mad!' and break it to you.

It could also be that initially there is some interest, that wanes as they get to know more about you/your intentions. Without meaning to single you out... the fact that you have to make this topic at all suggests the problem probably isn't with the 'chicks' rejecting you.
    I never meant to imply that the problem lies with them. Was just curious to see why they do it as opposed to saying no.

I never meant to imply that the problem lies with them. Was just curious to see why they do it as opposed to saying no.
    Because it is the easiest way to solve the problem, and least likely to result in conflict.