Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

What do you think about fat cops?

I know being fat is not always a choice, but as protectors of society, should they be allowed to be this fat?
    Who are they gonna catch? A leper patient? Seriously, an 80 year old will most likely outrun them.

So i guess the question is: Should government security employees have some sort of health or fitness standard to live up to? Assuming they dont only sit at a desk all day.
    What do you think about these obese cops?
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-09-25 at 03:01 PM.

I think about running.

Is that guy a real cop even? his uniform some how seems fake/cheap.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Atleast he's drinking water.
    Looks more like AA or aquarius but nice find.

it has a white sportscap.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-09-25 at 02:58 PM.

Depends on his job title really. I don't know how that works for police officers, but when they have to catch criminals I assume there is some sort of expectation concerning fitness before they even hire them.

They usually have to pass some physical exams. At least where I live. Dunno 'bout US.

Homophobia is so gay.

I think the police should have standards.

Officer Fatcowski, you are over the maximum acceptable weight. You have one week to get rid of the excess weight or be suspended without pay until you do.

This isn't a fat hate comment. Overweight police officers are slower to react and slower to run after perps, thus they have a lower performance at their job.

I don't know if he's a security for hire type or a real cop.

I have seen fat cops. It has to affect their jobs. Most of them will probably get fired if they don't maintain a certain level of fitness.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

It's difficult for me to take overweight cops seriously. There's just something about it that ruins the whole "serve and protect" hero persona.

Bless their little hearts though. I want to give that guy in the photo a giant hug! Only mama's cooking can do that to a grown man, and I'm willing to bet he loves his mama!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think about doughnuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe if you are a patrol or a responder, then you should be expected to pass a yearly physical exam. If you are a dispatcher or some other office jocky, then you should not be held to such standards.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Hope he's being monitored to lose that weight, granted not all officers are front line, he could be a desk jockey; Riots for example, or large policing events see any non-vital officers put on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I believe if you are a patrol or a responder, then you should be expected to pass a yearly physical exam. If you are a dispatcher or some other office jocky, then you should not be held to such standards.
    Officers get moved around all the time, no one remains at one role forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    I think the police should have standards.

Officer Fatcowski, you are over the maximum acceptable weight. You have one week to get rid of the excess weight or be suspended without pay until you do.

This isn't a fat hate comment. Overweight police officers are slower to react and slower to run after perps, thus they have a lower performance at their job.
    I'm pretty (nope) sure over 100 pounds can be lost in a week in a way that doesn't involve surgery.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Deleted
    Only thing that cop will catch is diabetes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Officers out on patrol should be able to be classified as being fit, i have no problem with overweight people in the police force if they are doing a desk job on the other hand.

There's physical requirements to be a cop.
    I don't think I've ever seen a fat cop...
    Security guard on the other hand is a different story.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thin blue line.

I judge they have stressful jobs, jobs which the majority of the population criticize at every opportunity, and are non-perfect people, like everyone else, on this planet anyway, and have lives apart from the job they chose and as long as they perform the functions of enforcing the law and order, doctrines agreed upon by general consensus, then their weight: should not be a factor; let it only be a variable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The thin blue line.
    Instantly made me think of this.

I think what's worse is fat gym teachers. I had this one whale of a PE teacher who every time I saw her I would think, what the hell makes her qualified to be a PHYSICAL EDUCATION teacher. And the worst part was that she had a golden opportunity to lose some of that weight, but instead she was too concerned with making sure we were working so she would sit around and watch us instead of participating. It was pretty sad.