Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Im not against homosexuals, actually I dont mind or care - as its everyones own deal who they find attractive, love and have sex with.
    However, I am not a fan of pride parades - I dont want to have homosexuality shoved up my face and this is what such parades do.
    I dont give a fuck who and how you love someone else, but dont shove it up my face - I dont want to be forced to watch it (and parades kind of do if one happens in my city - I live in the capitol) or have my streets blocked and have even bigger traffic jams.

I simply dont give a flying fuck whether youre gay or not.
    *sarcastic inc*
    I don't want straight people to shove their shit up my face everyday of the year, they talk about their kids, and their opposite sex who they are inlove with and whatever.. I mean, they kiss in public, they hold hands.. How dare they shove it up in my face. I don't want to see it so stop doing it already... They're free to go hide themselfs, but not do it infront of me, I don't want to be forced to watch them.

I don't care much for the parades myself.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    Its kinda funny how you have malcolm X in your sig.
    Yes, Malcolm X was one of the greatest visionaries in all of human history, he does deserve a spot on my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    That's how I feel as well. Now you will see the people strolling in how straight people are shoving it in gay peoples faces like last thread...
    Ill sound homophobic now to some, however straight is the "norm" by nature, and gay is not (cant breed and even if "could" then no 100% chance that offspring would be of same sexual interests). Majority sets the rules, period.

15+ Year Old Account
    These parades are inappropriate as fuck. I don't mind gay people, but I will discriminate against anyone who supports these. I'm sure it started with good intentions but the ones we've had here and the ones I've seen from other countries are just disgraceful.

With the whole "You don't have to shove it in our faces" crowd - which is the more complete solution, getting mad at the pride parades or getting mad at the people who make gay people feel pride parades are still necessary?

I grew up pretty homophobic, in that I simply didn't respect homosexuals more than finding it repulsive or abhorent (and Giscoicus, regardless of the origins of the word, if you can't be bothered to switch on enough to realise the use in the modern context, you're just being obtuse) and its taken a while to learn to temper my behaviour and speech so I don't inadvertently offend someone. It wasn't *that* hard to stop saying "Thats pretty fuckin' gay" - there's lots more to choose from (and ofc I still say "thats fuckin' gay" sometimes, old habits die hard).

But when you have slightly more 'hateful' speech - "Being gay is a mental defect" "Gay parents are incapable of raising children properly" and stuff like that; I kinda feel there's maybe more justification for every year taking a day out to remind people that you exist, you're not going to "keep it behind closed doors" just because it makes old fashioned people uncomfortable, and its time people accepted *that*.

Maybe its because the pride celebration in Cardiff is such an awesome party it doesn't bother me as much. But then the gay clubs in Cardiff are much more fun anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    You don't know that. It can be due to discrimination, or coming out, being hard to find a partner etc. Your link from Wiki already pointed out that the reasons for suicide rates in LGTB can be linked to homophobia/discrimination etc. There isn't really a point to ignore the reasons. Everyone who kill themself, wether they are LGTB or not kill themselfs for a reason.
    He seems to have forgotten that correlation does not imply causation. In other words, untill he shows proofs as to why homosexuals kill themseelves more, his entire argument is just meaningless.

Its rather pointless to argue with the extreme right or extreme left(oh hello, horseshoe theory).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    These parades are inappropriate as fuck. I don't mind gay people, but I will discriminate against anyone who supports these. I'm sure it started with good intentions but the ones we've had here and the ones I've seen from other countries are just disgraceful.
    I concur completely; these parades are often filled with lewdness, semi-naked sexuality aimed at desensitizing vulnerable populations, such as kids, to indoctrination like this. I would be just as angry if the Irish St. Patrick's Day parade was filled with lewdness, indoctrination aimed at the vulnerable segments of our population, and other outrageous displays.

Is it too much to ask to keep your personal stuff to yourself?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    Gay people have the exact same rights as straight people in Serbia: to marry a person of the opposite gender. Is that not equality, by definition? I do believe that it, in fact, is equality, strictly speaking.
    Technically speaking that's sexism not equality.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithis View Post
    I actually do. It is a global occurrence.
    Wasn't aware you were *all-knowing*. You are ignoreing what your own link that said suicide rates were linked to depression due to homophobia/discrimination.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

10+ Year Old Account
    You dismissed a website because it gets a lot of hate, thus somehow making it non-credible. This led me to thinking that by your logic, everything that is hated is non-credible.
    I did not dismiss the website for that reason, are you missreading my posts on purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    people who make gay people feel pride parades are still necessary?
    This kinda proves the whole "mental disorder" point. If someone is hated for being what he is, the appropriate reaction is to conform and show everyone that you're not really that different - not go flaunting the very thing you are despised for.
    Filter the nonsense and laugh at what's left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bervose View Post
    Technically speaking that's sexism not equality.
    It's equality because everyone involved has precisely the same rights.

Gay people have the exact same rights as straight people in Serbia:
    Are you sure? Wiki suggests otherwise. Unless you're saying "right to marriage" is the only right...
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Pride parades...or parades in general in order to raise awareness about something.....rather pointless to me. But...can't fault them for having it. On that same note, you can't fault people for protesting it either. Everyone has an opinion or thought process, and when you put on public displays....people are going to go there to be part of it, in both a supporting way and a dissenting way.

Of course, there shouldn't be violence, but the people that go to heckle them...well, they're exercising the same free speech principals as those in the parade, and it's normal, even in progressive countries you will see that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I concur completely; these parades are often filled with lewdness, semi-naked sexuality aimed at desensitizing vulnerable populations, such as kids, to indoctrination like this. I would be just as angry if the Irish St. Patrick's Day parade was filled with lewdness, indoctrination aimed at the vulnerable segments of our population, and other outrageous displays.

Is it too much to ask to keep your personal stuff to yourself?
    You'll have to excuse me, fapping off to Brazillian parade pictures right now.

Oh right celebrating culture is differnt, thats fine to prance around half naked in feathers.

I would be just as angry if the Irish St. Patrick's Day parade was filled with lewdness, indoctrination aimed at the vulnerable segments of our population, and other outrageous displays.
    Wait, are you being sarcastic ><
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2014-09-28 at 03:49 PM.

I would be just as angry if the Irish St. Patrick's Day parade was filled with lewdness, indoctrination aimed at the vulnerable segments of our population, and other outrageous displays.
    Deliberate irony?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Malcolm X was one of the greatest visionaries in all of human history, he does deserve a spot on my sig.
    That shows a lot about what kind of person you are, but i'll leave it at that.

Its still strange how you seem to think Africans where far more oppressed than gay people at any point in time in any country. A bunch of countries used to kill people just for being gay, if they found out you where gay, you got killed. If that isn't the peak of oppression, I don't think what is.

I did not dismiss the website for that reason, are you missreading my posts on purpose?
    This is your post about the link I provided:
    No surprise with all the hate they get. So are you going to post some arguments or what?
    You are dismissing arguments provided by the website due to it getting a lot of hate.
    What did I misread here, exactly?
    Filter the nonsense and laugh at what's left.

Deleted
    It's equality because everyone involved has precisely the same rights.
    No they do not. The only way to claim they do is if you phrase it a very specific way.

A man can marry a woman.
    A woman can marry a man.
    Those are not equality, they are two specific inequalities.

A man is prevented from marrying partners a woman is allowed to and a woman is prevented from marrying partners that a man is allowed to. Clearly that is not equality.

This kinda proves the whole "mental disorder" point. If someone is hated for being what he is, the appropriate reaction is to conform and show everyone that you're not really that different - not go flaunting the very thing you are despised for.
    No, that proves nothing and that mentality of "I should internalise what makes me *me* to conform to bullies who can't handle what makes them *them*" is kinda .... weak willed, to say the least.

- - - Updated - - -

Its still strange how you seem to think Africans where far more oppressed than gay people at any point in time in any country. A bunch of countries used to kill people just for being gay, if they found out you where gay, you got killed. If that isn't the peak of oppression, I don't think what is.
    Implying that never happened to black people or...?