Warlocks, warlocks everywhere.

Is it just me or has there been a significant increase in warlocks lately? I feel like 50% of the games I play now I meet a warlock. It's starting to get annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Handlock is more popular in this slower, less Hunter filled meta, and Zoo has always had a steady stream of players. Not surprising you see more of them now. Eventually more aggro will come en vogue and this slower meta will shift again.

It's mostly zoo locks i'm facing though.
    It's just not fun playing against the same class half of the time, I'm starting to slowly lose my will to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonteh View Post
    It's mostly zoo locks i'm facing though.
    It's just not fun playing against the same class half of the time, I'm starting to slowly lose my will to play.
    Play a deck that counters zoo and farm ranks? :S
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Handlock is more popular in this slower, less Hunter filled meta, and Zoo has always had a steady stream of players. Not surprising you see more of them now. Eventually more aggro will come en vogue and this slower meta will shift again.
    What rank you playing at? Cause at the higher ranks Hunter cancer is everywhere.

Turn 2: life tap
    Turn 3: life tap

Looks like I'll be seeing Drakes and Giants. Again. 2 out of 3 fights around rank 15.

I, for one, welcome our new Warlock overlords.
    No, in seriousness, I'd rather fight zoo all day, every day over hunter. They usually play their turns faster and they die quicker. I've hated fighting against hunter since day 1. Yes, when I joined in alpha or beta or whatever it was, when they were considered poop, I still hated them. They were frustrating. The stints they've had where they were good? Oh boy, things got even worse.

Warlocks, if you watch their health for Handlock and don't always attack him past 14, it's a very winnable match-up. Zoo? You lose the odd one out, but it's a very binary deck. If you are out of luck in your draws, you'll lose. Most often, you'll win if you don't excite yourself.
    Yes, it's boring that people lack originality. But hey, a lot of gamers or casual gamers today want to know what is "best" or "spreadsheeted to be best" so they'll go with that. Warlocks apparently work for some. Great. It makes it much more fun to face the Druid next. Or me, the Warrior/Paladin.

Everyone just looks for the next best thing and the strategy behind handlock is pretty simple that anyone can win with it.

I mostly see Priest ... like 70% of my games

I am seeing an absurd amount of Handlock... what deck should I use? Hmmm....

*looks through old decks, dusts off my milling druid deck*
    There's no way you're actually viable right now? Is there?
    *5 games later*
    Holy crap... 5-0 against zoo and handlock. God bless you mill deck.
    Is this where the header goes?

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I, for one, welcome our new Warlock overlords.
    No, in seriousness, I'd rather fight zoo all day, every day over hunter. They usually play their turns faster and they die quicker. I've hated fighting against hunter since day 1. Yes, when I joined in alpha or beta or whatever it was, when they were considered poop, I still hated them. They were frustrating. The stints they've had where they were good? Oh boy, things got even worse.

Warlocks, if you watch their health for Handlock and don't always attack him past 14, it's a very winnable match-up. Zoo? You lose the odd one out, but it's a very binary deck. If you are out of luck in your draws, you'll lose. Most often, you'll win if you don't excite yourself.
    Yes, it's boring that people lack originality. But hey, a lot of gamers or casual gamers today want to know what is "best" or "spreadsheeted to be best" so they'll go with that. Warlocks apparently work for some. Great. It makes it much more fun to face the Druid next. Or me, the Warrior/Paladin.
    Yeah, I hate Hunters with a passion.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    at rank 12 and 11 ive just been seeing hunter, pretty annoying