Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    it wouldnt hurt but I dont think it would have a huge impact. Those games are old and not everyone likes rts.

make wow F2P up to level 80 content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aseros View Post
    Warcraft 1,2,3 HD Remake free.

You get access included with a WoW subscription. No subscription, no play.
    In order to bring more subs to WoW, you have to make WoW better. The Pet Battle System was essentially a free game within WoW and it didn't help, did it?

Deleted
    I'd like to see Warcraft 4, alternate, back to the roots universe with all those animal races scrubbed. Blizzard knows how to create a powerful, dark, gritty atmosphere like in their cinematics, Starcraft, Original WoW etc. but all those Earth cultures depict as animal races just ruin it. I guess they might appeal to people who mod dragons into flying trains in Skyrim etc. but I think they should have gone with personal skins route instead. If you want to play as a furry, you could just buy a custom skin and play as a whale with legs or whatever as long as you're the only one who sees it.

WoWs an old game, nothings gonna get that many players playing again, so what I just said goes for WoW 2, after Warcraft 4 which they could use to set up new villains, story arcs etc.

Oh and I really wish they'd kill off e-sports in their games as well. The excessive balancing makes all abilities samey and dull.. nothing really stands out any more. Classes need more flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    make wow F2P up to level 80 content
    They really ought to do that. (Though, I'd say 85, tbh). 20 is just way too low for how much of the content in the game is now worthless.

I'd also make it so that you only have to buy the latest expansion if you want to play. No more battle chest or whatever. I'd also make the latest expansion come with a free month regardless of if you're new or not.

Deleted
    I think it would boost sub numbers, if

- the game had content updates way more regularily
    - if the content was fun, and no reloaded version of grindy isle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    - if the content was fun, and no reloaded version of grindy isle
    Define fun though.. its different for everyone. That's why some people only play WoW to do arenas, others PuG and some like to grind dailies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Define fun though.. its different for everyone.
    Right. And sure there are people who love grindy isle. I myself am not part of those people. And would believe there are people who dont like it as well.

Deleted
    Nothing will get those numbers back. Sure we'll see a spike at the beginning of WoD, but it'll drop when people see how much more concentration they'll have to put into what they're doing with their class.

I honestly don't think Blizzard are thinking about those numbers anymore anyway. I think (think) it was Chris Metzen who said a few weeks ago they don't really expect the game to grow again to those gargantuan numbers. I also believe personally that that's why the difficulty curve is going upwards for WoD. I guess they figure that since they no longer have those numbers to maintain, then they no longer have to gear the (majority of) content to the lowest common denominator; they can now raise the bar to a median level.

As long as the game stabilises at 5-6 million players that should be enough to maintain the overall production values and raid quality patch to patch. I'm more than happy with that.

WoW, and I believe MMO's as a whole, are on the decline. Not as many people seem as interested in things that take time, effort, and community to accomplish things. Most about here I am, see I am the shit, thanks for the 20 minutes of joy, and goodbye until next time game play that doesn't make for great MMO game play. So getting up to WotLK numbers is pretty unlikely. Doesn't matter if they give away free games. If they put in or take away flying. Release content faster. Nothing will do it.

Everything at this point is just a way to reduce or slow the decline. Not rebuild it to its past glory. Doesn't mean the game is dead or over. Because it still means it is the top grosser and seller of all time and still of its day. But back to its glory.. no way. It will just settle finally to its real fans that decide to stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    not a good idea at all, why would pay for a game i dont want to play, so i can play a free game?

please tell me about all the awesome features that vanilla had, that are missing in pandaria or wod?
    Vast world, dungeons and lore.

Nothing will ever bring back the WotLK type numbers. I don't think this idea would bring back more than a couple thousand at most.