Poor parses and shitty survivability

So I have recently failed a long standing trial for these following reasons
    Poor numbers. and shitty survivability..

starting from early august I was 8-10 i lvls behind most people I am now 3 i lvls below most folks. So my question is what am I doing wrong.. any detailed explanation would be great if someone has the time or cares to explain.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...w/Gesen/simple

Logs series of all my reports.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/reportslist/4763/

Gesen is my name and yes I am the fabled enh shaman... I am just curious.. I know I had a few deaths on siege crafter that were completely preventable but I'm kinda confused at others.. if it was my fault or something I could have prevented.

Glanced at a few of the recent fights, you weren't spectacular but certainly seemed to fit in with them numbers wise.

Are you sure you didn't just get cut because mythic is out in 1 week and they will need 5-7 less players? Trials are the obvious place to cut, unless they're noticeably beating other people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I have been with the guild since TOT.. under different names.. I wasn't a formal trial persay

Well, I mean.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...ec=Enhancement

I didn't look in depth about how well you did mechanics but your damage is up there with mine (sometimes higher, nice) with similar gear to mine and my guild is very happy with me so <_<.

Quote Originally Posted by gesen View Post
    Gesen is my name and yes I am the fabled enh shaman...
    Maybe your guild doesn't like the egotism of people who consider themselves "fabled" and just need an excuse to cut you from the team?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Fair enough I guess. I just wanted some outside opinions and I appreciate you all for showing me what you did. Perhaps I thought fabled was a different word.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    Maybe your guild doesn't like the egotism of people who consider themselves "fabled" and just need an excuse to cut you from the team?
    I think his use of fabled might be due to enhancement being perceived as a rare class (much less so these days).

U seem to raid in this guild fairly sporadically ? Nothing seems particularly wrong with your dps, could be better, but a lot of people are worse. As to survivability, you can work that out for yourself, open x raid, look at your deaths, look at what it was to, and look @ if you used a defensive or could have.
    Last edited by desert-wind; 2014-10-07 at 12:22 AM.

I forgot to clarify, I didnt really get to raid for about 3 months, everythign was stable from aug forward missing perhaps a week here or there. But I totally understand why you might say that.

I appreciate everyone's responses and input.

Deleted
    I'm the one who normally goes through our guild's logs to check the performance of people, and look at the logs of applications. I didn't go into a whole lot of detail, but Looking at your logs, there are a few things I imagine is the reason they dropped you:

They are looking just at median percentiles for bosses. This means that they are comparing your damage over a long period of time to people who have been BiS geared for an equally long time. For example on immerseus your median percentile is 53. But looking at the most recent parses, you're actually ranking fairly high. The highest parses at this point in the tier is occupied by people who either convince their entire guild to let them cheese the ranks (only 1 person kills adds on immerseus). Overall by looking at the 3-4 most recent parses, you seem to be doing quite good damage, so I don't agree with them that your damage is "poor". That said, I'm sure there is room for small improvements here and there, but more so in other people in the logs i quickly looked at.

Survivability-wise you seem to be doing better than most others (only looked at the most recent 2 parses). 0 deaths on a 13/14h clear and again 1 death on another 13/14h clear. That 1 death was on paragons and you didn't get any heals for ~6 seconds: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ght=40&death=1 Basically it looks like you had the green crap in melee and also got the purple fire on you. Seems like you took 1 tick from the purple stuff and mistimed jumping out to avoid any damage at all. I wouldn't say your survivability is shit tbh (although I only looked at deaths, didn't check to see if you were standing in fire or other nasty shit but didn't die). Personally I don't really care at this stage in the tier if you're standing in fire etc since it just gives me more to heal --> better ranks for me. As long as you don't die. This is a whole other story on progression though, and if you were standing in bad stuff a lot on progression this would probably be a major cause for benching you for WoD.

Finally they could just be exaggerating the problem to justify the composition of the WoD raid roster. Any number of reasons could be the real one - they simply don't like you, they don't want as many melee/ppl on the prot token/shamans in general etc. If they can't point to any specific cases where your survivability and damage was shit they are probably just making an excuse.

Again, I only briefly looked at the logs for a few minutes, so I probably missed something, but in conclusion from quickly looking at the logs you seem to be doing just fine.

If we were looking for an enh shaman and you applied to our guild, we'd probably take you on as trial (where we'd check the logs in more detail and small things such as if you stand in fire or whore dps).
    Last edited by mmocf2b2f177b5; 2014-10-08 at 07:51 AM. Reason: clarification

They didn't want you out based on your performance, that much is clear.

Either way, you won't be able to argue your way into a raid spot so just fuck them and move on.

Good luck buddy !