Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    What if there is no twin and instead it is the velocity that is making Jay turn into Zoom because his degenerative dna(or w/e they call it). And to actually stay alive he actually needs another speedster's speed. Dude in the Iron Mask was not warning about Jay, not saying he was Jay, but instead saying Zoom is Jay.

This theory has merit until I actually try to think who the fuck ends up being the guy in the Iron Mask.
    You need to rethink this. If Jay is Zoom how was he in 2 places at once, and then pull himself through the vortex.

Yeah, there was actually a point in the episode where I thought Jay was Zoom, but the ending sequence pretty much put a kibosh on that.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    You need to rethink this. If Jay is Zoom how was he in 2 places at once, and then pull himself through the vortex.
    Well there were people in the thread earlier that think zoom is like a speed force ghost or something so it could be like that.

rick cosnett, aka eddie, aka zoom

true story

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Well there were people in the thread earlier that think zoom is like a speed force ghost or something so it could be like that.
    Yup, that's also very possible

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Because time travel is so hard now?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    God damn, I always come into these threads looking for answers, and always leave more confused and with 5 different new theories!

It wouldn't be a stretch to say that Zoom is Jay's clone actually. Since Wells created Zoom in a lab, well, he needed to clone a speedster. So he cloned Jay, and yeah, Zoom happened

Also, don't forget who Jay's doppleganger on Earth-1 is... Hunter Zolomon connections, dots... ah can't wait for the reveal.

So why didn't they shoot Zoom while he was frozen ?
    How stupid does this show think we are ? Every time I think that this show is stupid and it gets stupider.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2016-02-18 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Since Wells created Zoom in a lab
    He did????

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Because time travel is so hard now?
    I really don't think it's easy enough for Zoom to be in two places at once for two extended scenes. Other explanations are way easier to fit the pieces into.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    How stupid does this show think we are ? Every time I think that this show is stupid and it gets stupider.
    Probably because shooting would've broken up the ice and then Zoom could escape.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Why doesn't Earth-Two Iris just shot Zoom when he's iced* *Why doesn't Barry just give it his all and kill Zoom*

Well it would be a boring Flash show if it was that simple.

As for Zoom

When the Iron mask was doing morse code to help Flash out and said Jay. Part of me thought at that moment Jesse and Barry got it wrong and meant to put Joe. Since he's white that may not be right.

It may be related to Jay in some way. The whole Jay thing from last episode connects Zoom and Jay together. I was really thinking Wally, possibly Henry Allen but a different actor. Or Daniel West.

Honestly, I have no idea who Zoom is now. Jay's clone...might have less dramatic affect honestly. Considering how Barry will later feel traumatized later knowing who Zoom is...it's probably not Jay related.

Just some twist of some of the comic book stuff of Jay,Hunter,REverse Flash etc etc.

I GOT NUTTIN
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2016-02-18 at 04:48 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I'd say a secret twin is more likely than a clone, since as far as we've seen in the show, human cloning isn't yet possible. To spring that on us as the explanation would be a cop-out.

Also, if Jay turns out to be Zoom via time travel (i.e. Zoom is a future version of Jay), then that's basically a repeat of Season 1, where the friend/mentor turns out to be the villain, and the solution is to kill him in the past before he can become the future menace. So I'm hoping that doesn't end up being the answer.

I'm still wondering if the person we know as Jay will turn out to actually be Edward Clariss, aka The Rival, who in the comics used Velocity 9 to give himself speed, and whose costime is modeled after Jay Garrick's. He may be working for Zoom, but started to question this as he got closer to Caitlin. Remember how at the beginning he was dead set against confronting Zoom (even though Zoom didn't actually steal his speed)?

And next week is a King Shark episode, so it's unlikely we'll get more development on the Zoom/Jay front. Bah!

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Zoom was supposed to be Barry's Dad, (or at least the Earth-2 version of him)? It looks very much like the same actor to me.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I really don't think it's easy enough for Zoom to be in two places at once for two extended scenes. Other explanations are way easier to fit the pieces into.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably because shooting would've broken up the ice and then Zoom could escape.
    A bullet wouldn't have shattered all the ice, I would have at least tried something to kill him or maim him. I'm surprised Harrison hasn't come up with something that would interrupt Zoom when he is phasing thru stuff or shatter the bonds of his atoms completely or something or an invisible blade to slice him in half when he is running etc...

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I thought Zoom was supposed to be Barry's Dad, (or at least the Earth-2 version of him)? It looks very much like the same actor to me.
    That's still one possibility, though when Barry called his Earth-2 mom, she told him, "Thank you so much for the anniversary tickets to Atlantis. Your dad and I have always wanted to go." She was speaking of Barry's dad in the present tense, so it's assumed that Henry-2 is still with Nora-2, so Zoom being Henry-2 would be very twisted. Then again, if Henry-2 left Nora-2 when Barry-2 was a baby, somebody else might be Barry-2's "Dad".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    A bullet wouldn't have shattered all the ice, I would have at least tried something to kill him or maim him. I'm surprised Harrison hasn't come up with something that would interrupt Zoom when he is phasing thru stuff or shatter the bonds of his atoms completely or something or an invisible blade to slice him in half when he is running etc...
    True, a bullet probably wouldn't have shattered all the ice. It also probably wouldn't have penetrated it. Bullets are meant to go into squishy flesh things, not solid objects. Start shooting at a block of ice, and the possibility of a ricochet killing someone is very real. Even a few feet of water will cause a bullet to break up.

Lots of complaints this week about "Why didn't they X when Zoom was down?". The went into that rescue stupidly unprepared to fight Zoom, plus there were non-combatants in the room. If Zoom had gotten even a second of freedom, Jessie, Cisco, Killer Frost, Barry-2, and Iris-2 would all be dead.
    Last edited by Khime; 2016-02-18 at 09:24 PM.

Why didn't they just freeze Zoom when he was frozen? Freezing kills people plenty! Granted they didn't detail Killer Frosts powers, but Cap Colds gun was designed to stop Flash, so freezing seems doable.

Easiest way through all of it is just "he was vibrating" so he was warmer and bullets would go through or something.

Really the main thing in the episode that rang as "dumb" to me is Garrick moving over to the portal to pose for a snatch. Just dumb.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Really the main thing in the episode that rang as "dumb" to me is Garrick moving over to the portal to pose for a snatch. Just dumb.
    I'm still betting on that being deliberate.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    I'm still betting on that being deliberate.
    It's entirely possible, sure, but we've had enough such drama-moments that it wouldn't surprise me either way.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if i've missed it but the dude in the iron mask, could it be a Jay? Same mannerisms and posture when he stood up after they cracked his code.