Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Last I hear, the Supergirl series was most likely going to be it's own thing and not connected to Arrow/Flash at all. Because it is on a different network and it does seem to contradict the premise of Flash it seems like it is pretty likely they won't try and make them connected.

There are a ton of possible characters they could go with. It's interesting they said three characters who "have never appeared on TV in a live-action form before" so any number of characters who have only made it to TV in animated form are possibilities like Cyborg, Robin/Nightwing, Raven or any of the other Teen Titans. There are a ton of characters who were in animated series like Batman: The Brave and the Bold or Justice League Unlimited as well.

As for my number one pick? The Question! They would have to go with the original Question Vic Sage since the current one, Renee Montoya, is a recurring character on Gotham but The Question is cool as hell. The character of Rorschach from The Watchmen was based on The Question. He is pretty much what Batman would be if he stared in a hardboiled 50's noir detective movie.
    actually when greg berlanti was offered the job before he took it he made them write in his contract that the show would be allowed to be in the arrowverse and have crossovers with arrow and flash. since cbs owns half of the cw theyre sister networks so it wasnt that hard to make the deal work.

also i doubt it will be raven or nightwing, because titans on tnt will have dick grayson as nightwing, along with raven, starfire, a crippled but not called oracle barbara gordon and hawk and dove.

tnt is also a sister network since its owned by time warner, who owns the other half of cw so its possible they could make it part of the arrowverse however none of the arrow/flash/supergirl people are involved in its production so its less likely at this point since so far all the arrowverse stuff have involved the same group of people

- - - Updated - - -

im gonna make my 3 wishlist for the spinoff unrevealed heroes. some sources online are saying that when they said never seen on tv yet they meant never seen on flash/arrow. so im gonna just work with who hasnt been on flash/arrow yet.

1. Zatanna.

shes awesome nuff said. and the arrow folks earlier this year when it was speculated she would show up in an arrow episode said theyd love to use her character in the future

2. Booster gold.

super douche from the future? why the hell not. booster gold is awesome, i love arsehole heroes. were in a world where wow just added in selfies, you gonna try to tell me a dude from the future wouldnt use his future knowledge and tech to make him seem like the coolest hero ever? imagine booster gold taking "past selfies" of his heroics while slowly getting in over his head and actually becoming a cool guy.

3. ms martian.

she has a cool set of powers, and shes a little bit more alien then supergirl is, i dont think the arrow guys would be allowed to use martian manhunter since dc probably has plans for him so she would be a good replacement like supergirl is for superman.

excluded but hope they might be in: jamie reyes/blue beetle, static shock, red robin. we know they cant use the blue beetle because they planned on having blue beetle instead of atom this season and dc said no, static is getting a live action online series so he probably wont be on tv, and red robin is too connected to batman to be able to be on the show probably.

also its possible one of the characters on the team could be a live action vixen

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Rutina Wesley for Live Action Vixen.

Also... Anyone know when Vixen cartoon starts, wtf CWSeed is and if it'll be shown anywhere else?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Rutina Wesley for Live Action Vixen.

Also... Anyone know when Vixen cartoon starts, wtf CWSeed is and if it'll be shown anywhere else?
    According to Google, "CW Seed is The CW's new digital-only network featuring high-quality original series in smaller sizes." Also, Vixen starts in the fall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    actually when greg berlanti was offered the job before he took it he made them write in his contract that the show would be allowed to be in the arrowverse and have crossovers with arrow and flash. since cbs owns half of the cw theyre sister networks so it wasnt that hard to make the deal work.

also i doubt it will be raven or nightwing, because titans on tnt will have dick grayson as nightwing, along with raven, starfire, a crippled but not called oracle barbara gordon and hawk and dove.
    I never read anything about Berlanti having a stipulation in his contract that Supergirl would be allowed to crossover with Arrow/Flash. Anything recent I have seen seems to hint that there is a possibility, but nothing concrete. Like in this interview from a little over a month ago:
    Question: Is there crossover potential for Supergirl with Arrow or The Flash?

Berlanti: So much has to go right for us to be able to make a great show. Again, I think of myself as like if I were watching them, I would want to see that. But we have to get so many things right to make a good show and so much of it is luck, unfortunately.
    So while it does sound like they could go that route with it, it isn't like The Arrow, The Flash, Vixen, and the newly announced superhero team series that were all created from the start to be connected to each other.

I totally forgot they were making that Teen Titans series on TNT. So yeah, those characters are probably unlikely. I still say The Question would be great but I also quite like the ideas of both Zantanna and Booster Gold. I was going to say they could go totally crazy and go with Swamp Thing, but it seems he is going to be in a future episode of Constantine so that's out.

I never read anything about Berlanti having a stipulation in his contract that Supergirl would be allowed to crossover with Arrow/Flash. Anything recent I have seen seems to hint that there is a possibility, but nothing concrete. Like in this interview from a little over a month ago:

So while it does sound like they could go that route with it, it isn't like The Arrow, The Flash, Vixen, and the newly announced superhero team series that were all created from the start to be connected to each other.

I totally forgot they were making that Teen Titans series on TNT. So yeah, those characters are probably unlikely. I still say The Question would be great but I also quite like the ideas of both Zantanna and Booster Gold. I was going to say they could go totally crazy and go with Swamp Thing, but it seems he is going to be in a future episode of Constantine so that's out.
    "Apparently, when Greg Berlanti struck a deal with DC Entertainment to develop a Supergirl television series for CBS, he did so with forward-thinking in mind. Berlanti reportedly has it written in his contract that Supergirl can appear on Arrow and/or The Flash. This is scenario is more than possible, it's probable as CBS and Time Warner each own 50% of The CW. Another common thread among all three shows is the fact that Berlanti is also using Rappaport Casting to fill key supporting roles and main characters on each superhero TV show. Guggenheim also acknowledged the possibility of Supergirl appearing in Starling City and/or Central City in a recent interview. Realistically, Supergirl is the only show that could crossover with Arrow and Flash, given CBS' connection to The CW. The other DC TV shows may all fall under the DC Entertainment umbrella but Gotham, Constantine have different executive producers and air on television networks with no shared relationships. Another possible addition to the Supergirl/Arrow/Flash triangle is the forthcoming live-action Teen Titans drama being developed by TNT, which is also a subsidiary of Time Warner. However, that particular adaptation is being shepherded by someone other than Berlanti so the odds of it crossing over with Greg's trio are not as likely."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=113464
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    According to Google, "CW Seed is The CW's new digital-only network featuring high-quality original series in smaller sizes." Also, Vixen starts in the fall.
    Cool, thanks for the heads up, I'll be tuning in to that when it airs. Love the character and it's CW so I can't see it being THAT bad .

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    "Apparently, when Greg Berlanti struck a deal with DC Entertainment to develop a Supergirl television series for CBS, he did so with forward-thinking in mind. Berlanti reportedly has it written in his contract that Supergirl can appear on Arrow and/or The Flash. This is scenario is more than possible, it's probable as CBS and Time Warner each own 50% of The CW. Another common thread among all three shows is the fact that Berlanti is also using Rappaport Casting to fill key supporting roles and main characters on each superhero TV show. Guggenheim also acknowledged the possibility of Supergirl appearing in Starling City and/or Central City in a recent interview. Realistically, Supergirl is the only show that could crossover with Arrow and Flash, given CBS' connection to The CW. The other DC TV shows may all fall under the DC Entertainment umbrella but Gotham, Constantine have different executive producers and air on television networks with no shared relationships. Another possible addition to the Supergirl/Arrow/Flash triangle is the forthcoming live-action Teen Titans drama being developed by TNT, which is also a subsidiary of Time Warner. However, that particular adaptation is being shepherded by someone other than Berlanti so the odds of it crossing over with Greg's trio are not as likely."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=113464
    That text you quoted does not appear anywhere in the article you linked. Anyways, that link says the same thing I linked to (it actually quotes the article I linked) in that it sounds like the possibility of a crossover is there, but Supergirl is being made as it's own series first where The Arrow, The Flash, and this new team series were all concieved as part of a shared universe. I am guessing that is because it is not a CW series and even if CBS does own a piece of the CW, it still technically does compete with the network as well. It's probably the best way to go about it. Let Supergirl sink or swim on it's own merits and if it does well, then start talking about crossover.

I don't like the idea of Supergirl having a crossover with Arrow/Flash universe solely because it's from a different network. It would be better if they made their own universe.

I am watching Vixen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I don't like the idea of Supergirl having a crossover with Arrow/Flash universe solely because it's from a different network. It would be better if they made their own universe.

I am watching Vixen though.
    its a different network, but its a network that owns half of cw and the show itself is being made by the exact same people that make flash and arrow

That text you quoted does not appear anywhere in the article you linked. Anyways, that link says the same thing I linked to (it actually quotes the article I linked) in that it sounds like the possibility of a crossover is there, but Supergirl is being made as it's own series first where The Arrow, The Flash, and this new team series were all concieved as part of a shared universe. I am guessing that is because it is not a CW series and even if CBS does own a piece of the CW, it still technically does compete with the network as well. It's probably the best way to go about it. Let Supergirl sink or swim on it's own merits and if it does well, then start talking about crossover.
    He probably meant to paste this link: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=113333

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    He probably meant to paste this link: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=113333
    i didnt even realize until now that i had posted the wrong link >_<

costume revealed

I can dig.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well at least it looks a lot more realistic than the Smallville one

I'm not overly pumped for the SuperGirl costume. A great-looking actress to be sure, but she looks way better as a brunette (which feels really weird to say since I love blonde girls).

The costume is kinda conservative for SuperGirl, too: they don't need to go with some of the more recent, skimpier interpretations (and I'd prefer they didn't), but this just doesn't feel right. I know the leggings are part of it, but I think a bigger problem is the shade of blue for the torso.

SuperGirl and Superman both need a brighter/bolder hue in my opinion; they're supposed to be some of the more bright, colorful heroes in the DC universe, and their color choices feel deliberately cheerful because they want people to look at them and feel safe/comforted. The darker hues here have the same problem that plagued Man of Steel; she doesn't look that friendly or welcoming to the average person she's supposed to be protecting.

Darker colors work for Arrow and Batman because, let's face it: they're both dicks. They want to be feared more than respected and welcomed because it fits their MO better. Dark colors don't really work for any member of the Super family: SuperGirl needs to be brighter.

Looks like it was made by a prude or something...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    I'm not overly pumped for the SuperGirl costume. A great-looking actress to be sure, but she looks way better as a brunette (which feels really weird to say since I love blonde girls).

The costume is kinda conservative for SuperGirl, too: they don't need to go with some of the more recent, skimpier interpretations (and I'd prefer they didn't), but this just doesn't feel right. I know the leggings are part of it, but I think a bigger problem is the shade of blue for the torso.

SuperGirl and Superman both need a brighter/bolder hue in my opinion; they're supposed to be some of the more bright, colorful heroes in the DC universe, and their color choices feel deliberately cheerful because they want people to look at them and feel safe/comforted. The darker hues here have the same problem that plagued Man of Steel; she doesn't look that friendly or welcoming to the average person she's supposed to be protecting.

Darker colors work for Arrow and Batman because, let's face it: they're both dicks. They want to be feared more than respected and welcomed because it fits their MO better. Dark colors don't really work for any member of the Super family: SuperGirl needs to be brighter.
    Yeah, the colors seem very muted. I personally usually like the darker colors, not for this though.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

lets be honest guys, how many girls would ACTUALLY just have an exposed midriff when they wanna become a superhero? not many girls, even with the strength and resistance level of a kryptonian wouldnt wanna dress like a cheerleader all the time.

i agree the colours should be a little brighter, i think the same thing about flashes suit, but design wise this is probably the closest thing a live action supergirl costume can get to the comic book versions without making her look like a bimbo

10+ Year Old Account
    That's... That's actually pretty damn good. Could be a little brighter, but shock twist, they're going for a more realistic dark gritty insert comic book buzzword here version.

Now they just need to not make it a Crime procedural and I might watch it .

"TV Line has gotten hold of possible character descriptions for the trio of heroes that will appear in the upcoming "Arrow" and "Flash" spinoff currently in development over at the CW. The threesome will star alongside Brandon Routh's Atom, Wentworth Miller's Captain Cold, Victor Garber's half of Firestorm and Caity Lotz's possibly-not-quite-dead Canary. You can read the leaked character descriptions below.

“THE TRAVELER” | Described as a “Han Solo-esque rogue who gets by with his charm, this hero hails from the future, and has journeyed back in time on a secret mission. His razor-sharp wit hides the pain of a man who has lived through serious conflict. He also harbors many secrets, always leaving both his teammates and the audience unsure of his true allegiances.

“FEMALE WARRIOR” | This twentysomething Latina is pretty but unassuming, book smart and socially awkward by day. But by night, when she hears the cry of battle, her fury is ignited and she becomes a fierce warrior — so much so, that sometimes she can become a threat to others.

“MYSTERY HERO” | An African-American male in his twenties will fill the role of a regular, street smart guy who unexpectedly gains powers, and then, as part of the team, regularly quips about the insanity of the situations.

Speculation has already begun regarding the DC identities of these characters. TV Line postulates that "the Traveler" could either be Rip Hunter or Booster Gold; the latter is certainly a strong possibilty considering that spinoff producer Andrew Kreisberg has been trying to get a Booster Gold series launched at Syfy for a while now. TV Line also guesses that "Female Warrior" could be Fury and "Mystery Hero" could be Static Shock, based on both interpretations of the descriptions given and the characters' stated ethnicities. It's worth noting, however, that the listed ethnicities could be different from the mystery characters' comic book identities considering how often they're changed for live action adaptations."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...ck-fury-others

if it is booster gold and static shock i totally fucking called it