Looking for help on an addon idea

Hello everyone, I'm new to this community and just recently started looking into making an addon for wow that I believe to be a game changer. At the moment I am lacking a certain know how and am looking for someone to help create this addon with me. I already have many if not all of the aspects of the addon present in my head, and am looking for someone to help make it come to life. If anyone is able to help me at all please feel free to send me a message and we can discuss what will need to be done!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and i do apologize if this is in the wrong section.

Deleted
    What is the idea?

Deleted
    Can you share your idea here?

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    You should probably go and search this forum (or any other forum where programmers hang out) and read the other threads that start with "I have an idea but I'm not going to tell you anything about it."

You're going about this completely the wrong way.
    Allow me to clarify this by linking a similar conversation from over at WoWI.
    wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49294

Oh and if you missed it here is a guide on what we cannot do inside the API.
    wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42367

"Spill the beans" and save authors time by letting them know what you are looking for. Hopefully someone will stumble upon your idea and work with you to achieve your goals. Yay teamwork!

Deleted
    You should probably first of all make sure that what you're thinking of is doable within the rules of the API.
    In previous similar posts to yours, it's been found out that the addon had already been made to the largest extent, or that whatever was thought of wasn't even possible.
    Someone else has said it before, but it's reasonably safe to assume that almost anything allowed within the API has already been created.

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    You should probably go and search this forum (or any other forum where programmers hang out) and read the other threads that start with "I have an idea but I'm not going to tell you anything about it."

You're going about this completely the wrong way.
    You're taking this all in the wrong way. I'm simply asking for someone who knows addons and has the time to help on this project. When you've been around some forums as long as i have and have seen as many pieces of work/ideas stolen as i have you tend to be a bit reluctant to give out all the information and aspects of work to everyone. If you want some basic information as to what kind of coding will be done then all you had to do was ask instead of trying to making me look like an idiot.

What i need to accomplish:

Linking addons together, I.E. when someone makes a selection it shows to other people in their respective factions.
    I need to be able to create a moveable and resizable minimap.
    Event to trigger upon entering/leaving zones for several windows
    Need a raid warning type message to pop up when event = different than selection with a feature to disable or enable

I've already got some works in motion and an outline of kind of how i want it to look. If you think you'd be able to help me and put a little bit of time into this then message me and i can send a screenshot of what i'm trying to accomplish and explain it all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redtusk View Post
    You should probably first of all make sure that what you're thinking of is doable within the rules of the API.
    In previous similar posts to yours, it's been found out that the addon had already been made to the largest extent, or that whatever was thought of wasn't even possible.
    Someone else has said it before, but it's reasonably safe to assume that almost anything allowed within the API has already been created.
    Thanks for letting me know about this. I've read the wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42367 link that ThePrideless put down and as far as i can tell its all within the rules. And to the best of my knowledge it has not been created yet. The addon idea i have in mind is something i could see to be a fairly popular addon which leads me to believe either no one has created it yet or they have done so poorly.

You should hope someone "steals" your idea and makes the addon for you. You're asking for a programmer to donate a significant amount of their time to write you a script, and what do they get?

Full realm communication is a relatively advanced concept to implement, reducing the number of authors capable of helping.

A truly resizable minimap, one that would increase the viewable area of the map, is so complicated that I can count on one hand the number of people capable of doing it, and trying to convince one of them to work on your project is probably not going to happen, so hopefully that isn't an integral part of the addon.

Anyway, if it's so useful and hasn't been done yet, it very likely can't be done or is more work than someone is willing to put into an addon.

I'm not asking them to spend every waking moment with me, i myself am a quick learner. All i need is someone to point me in the right directions or possibly throw something at me when i give them an idea by saying, "hey we could do it this way". As for all of you telling me to learn and do it myself i have been working on it its a W.I.P. at the moment. It's not something I'm jumping in expecting someone else to do all the work with no, I've created the UI and ran it as a test a few times to see if i could get the buttons to do things but right now its just very basic. Ive been using the wiki to look for event triggers and other coding needs as well as checking out some of the other addons i have installed to kind of figure out how things are done.

I just want to reiterate, I AM NOT, i repeat AM NOT looking for someone to do all the work. I'm putting in a good amount of time into this project and even if they only help me an hour a day or even week or less i don't care as long as it helps me make some progress in this.

I get that you get a lot of people coming to the forums expecting to have everything done for them, that is NOT me.

Anyways, making a mini map i don't know how hard it would be but the addon Carbonite has a built in mini map that pops up whenever you open and close your map. whether or not its resizable i don't think it would make a difference it would just be a nice feature, but i also have an idea as to how to make it possible without a mini map if that's the case or its too hard.

I'm not asking full realm communication either its more zone communication between same factions (for obvious reasons, don't want horde to see alliance and vice versa)
    I also have REALLY good ideas as to how to make this aspect of it work however its hard for me to figure out how to implement it (been looking into it a bit but as you stated there's not really a whole lot of people with the know how and even less posts about how to use trigger events for said reason, but i have an idea, if you think you can get it to work and know a bit about how to use and where to place event triggers)

Please guys, no more negative comments. I didn't come to these forums to be shut down at every reply i put on here. I am trying to learn and be a part of the community. While this may be a more advanced piece of coding for most people, I am a relatively quick learner (as i stated earlier) with the ability to apply what i learn almost instantly and a TON of time on my hands. So what may be difficult for most i have the time and patience to make it happen, Always. I totally get it that random people may come here a lot just like other forums looking for something to be done for them but please remember, i do know a thing or two about coding in general. I am not you're average poster

As if i need to say it again but i will, I AM !NOT! looking for someone to do all the work for me.

If you're serious about wanting to learn, get on the freenode irc channel #wowuidev and ask some questions.

But I warn you, if you're vague about what you're trying to do it's just going to waste everyone's time.