Journals, friken Journals!

Hey guys,

I might be clutching at straws here, but I'm in the middle of writing an assignment and I have a diabolic lack of journal sources, I'm just wondering if any of you know any websites where I can find some free to access.

Specifically, zoology

More specific Bengal tigers (Panthera tigris tigris), Chinese medicines

Normally I don't bother with journals, but I'm now at the point where if I dont have them, its a straight up 10% mark reduction

So any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Rótten

Deleted
    I don't quite understand what you're asking

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I don't quite understand what you're asking
    He's asking for sources for a research paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    I think this is one of those rare cases when Google is most appropriate. xD

Just google some random sources and throw it in. Teachers don't really check anyway, as long as that plagiarism website detector scans through fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    I thought that but then wondered why he didn't Google... Or library if the education has a NO ONLINE RESEARCH which frankly is rare now

Deleted
    ah the pitfalls of double entry...

Oh I've googled the shit out of it and googled the shit out of google scholars

I've found some on the normal search but most are one paragraph entries then pay for the rest,

And we do have a online system called primo, and tbh its not that great either, fantastic for biology, physics, chemistry for general use or broad research, but dead specific it gets stretchy,

anyways like I said I was clutching at straws hoping someone might of been in the same boat in the past and might have something

go to the wikki page and scroll to the bottom, usually a lot of footnoted sources there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't your university have Lexis Nexus or something like that? That's where I used to get my journal articles back when I was a student.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Nope, just this primo system

try here http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/search?...sort=rlv&t=doc most of the articles are available as pdf to download

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Oh I've googled the shit out of it and googled the shit out of google scholars

I've found some on the normal search but most are one paragraph entries then pay for the rest,

And we do have a online system called primo, and tbh its not that great either, fantastic for biology, physics, chemistry for general use or broad research, but dead specific it gets stretchy,

anyways like I said I was clutching at straws hoping someone might of been in the same boat in the past and might have something
    I'm working for a book trader dealing with specific scientific journals on a daily basis and I can promise you that you won't find many journals like that for free.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

i googeled: Bengal tigers (Panthera tigris tigris), Chinese medicines and lo and behold, lots and lots of abstract hits appeared. Most will prolly not fit what you have written, but you pick one or a few that seems interesting and then you write a segment on that. Problem solved

this one is about identifying which tiger population any confiscated tiger materials came from.
    http://www.fsijournal.org/article/S0.../abstract?cc=y
    The issue is getting the complete article to read, but if your uni/college library cant get it, you cram in a few lines based on the abstract.

- - - Updated - - -

Another solution: why dont you search trough the available college database? Then you should get hits on things you could actually read and use.

Quote Originally Posted by thurizas View Post
    try here http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/search?...sort=rlv&t=doc most of the articles are available as pdf to download
    Brill I can actually use some stuff from that straight away, cheers dude

Quote Originally Posted by Sekhmet View Post
    i googeled: Bengal tigers (Panthera tigris tigris), Chinese medicines and lo and behold, lots and lots of abstract hits appeared. Most will prolly not fit what you have written, but you pick one or a few that seems interesting and then you write a segment on that. Problem solved

this one is about identifying which tiger population any confiscated tiger materials came from.
    http://www.fsijournal.org/article/S0.../abstract?cc=y
    The issue is getting the complete article to read, but if your uni/college library cant get it, you cram in a few lines based on the abstract.

- - - Updated - - -

Another solution: why dont you search trough the available college database? Then you should get hits on things you could actually read and use.
    Are you googling the search engine or the scholar engine because theres plenty on the search engine, if I could get away with that I would

and as I said we use primo on the university it isn't that great, however, that being said I've just gone through that link of yours, and I think I can use the national libary of wales to get a free copy because its linked with my uni,

so in the end, great cheers