Poll: Would yo let a unknown elderly person die in your house?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    How is this a moral question?
    Is it right too send a weak person (wich only wants one thing from you) away or is it wrong?
    Seems pretty moral too me.
    Pretty much the same as giving a unknown homeless person a home, till he gets on his feet (in this case however the person dies).
    Of cose if it was someone you know....thats another story.

Here is a video of a episode i found on youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBEAykIA7Uw
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Is it right too send a weak person (wich only wants one thing from you) away or is it wrong?
    Pretty much the same as giving a unknown homeless person a home, till he gets on his feet (in this case however the person dies).

I was right. It was King of The Hill. I knew I remembered this premise from somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account

Only wants one thing? They want to live in my house for an indefinite period, it's not like they have asked for a cup of tea and a lift to the nearest train station.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you watch the episode of King of the Hill that was about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Did you watch the episode of King of the Hill that was about this?
    No what happened?

Hank and his wife are pretty moral people.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2014-10-09 at 05:20 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

If they are at my door and I don't know them and they need help..... I will call 911. Do they have the right to die in my home? Nope, we have places for that. I will be kind and courteous to them of course and make them as comfortable as I can until the ambulance arrives, but that is about it. Hopefully they have family to contact and I would even go as far as to try to do that because nobody deserves to die alone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    This is officially the worst time in my life.
    worst time of your life yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    God no! There are plenty of better places for someone to die in/on/at

Deleted
    No, they can go die somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    worst time of your life yet!
    I am hard pressed to think of a worse one, even hypothetically. Being eaten by a dinosaur and remaining only partially digested and alive while passing through its colon, only to be shit out the other end and fall 100 feet to my crippled and half digested death. Might still not even be worse than this.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Most likely no, i would not. If they were willing to pay a sizable amount of money, i would consider it.and then whack them with a bat

Deleted
    What is the condition of this person and what are the alternatives. I wouldn't mind at all or be straight out against it depending on the situation.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they pay rent/utilities then Im all for it, have afew spare bedrooms,assuming they get pensions/social securities benefits.
    If someone was in there 97 and they wanted to live there for some reason say it was their childhood home arrangements could possible be arranged.
    thou this doesn't seem like a moral choice to me.

How does this scenario work exactly? Like am I home and some elderly person comes up, knocks on my door and says, "Excuse me, sonny, but I fear I'm about to die; would you mind if I come inside for a bit and perhaps do so on your couch?"

My answer is, "Nope, not happening. The hospital here is only about a half-mile down the street; if you think you can't walk that far or whatever, have a seat on the porch and I'll call the ambulance, but no, you are not coming inside to die unless you're a friend or family member."

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No way.
    Someone died of old age in the house I was living in when I was a kid and I didn't sleep very well for a long time because I thought the ghost was going to eat me. People dying in your house is just creepy, man.

Deleted
    I wouldn't let my own nan die in my house. Old people freak me out.

No, because I would be scared to sleep, and take showers, go die some where else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Checking some old good shows and i noticed something special. (and very unique when it comes too original stuff)
    So here is a question.

Would you let a unknown elderly person you have never meet or seen, die in your house from a old age (not suicide)?
    Just staying in your house till is passes. (70-90 years old)

...yeah i probaly would never do that...

So what would you do.
    This isn't a moral question and fuck no I wouldn't let some creepy old stranger stay in my house till they died what is wrong with you.

King of the Hill is great, and no. Maybe if I charged them rent or they get only one week to die.