Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    OK so maybe I'm misunderstanding... when it is said to shoot for 98%+ uptime on SB:Haunt is that referring to the buff you get or the debug on the mob? Furthermore, how do you deal with situations of bad RNG where you aren't getting enough soul shard procs in regards to casting a basic haunt versus waiting on 2 Soul shards for SB:Haunt? Finally, on fights like Twins on mythic would it be a dps increase to have 100% uptime of basic haunt on both of them simultaneously versus having SB:Haunt up on 1 and leaving the other one with UA, corruption, and agony?

Will you be able to sustain spending 2 shards every 10 seconds for the entire fight?

Definitely think SBHaunt is what you want up over regular Haunt.

SB: Haunt or Demonic servitude for H:Imperator?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    SB: Haunt or Demonic servitude for H:Imperator?
    Tried Affliction once on Imperator, yet I prefer Destro for the last 2 bosses. The rest I now play Affliction which does more damage as my guildie-Lock who plays Destro on all fights.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Aevyn View Post
    Tried Affliction once on Imperator, yet I prefer Destro for the last 2 bosses. The rest I now play Affliction which does more damage as my guildie-Lock who plays Destro on all fights.
    I think it's pretty silly with like full haste/mastery gear Destro is STILL better just because of the fights mechanics...

Guess I have to play the bore spec.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Just a little QQ post...
    Our other Warlock who refuses to play anything but Destruction got Heroic WF Tectus Staff and then Heroic Shards of Nothing on coin rolls... I wanted to cry.
    But yeah came in on the alt run for the guild, normally I just run my Lock to help offset lower end dps, but brought my Boomkin. Minus the eclipse bar, I found myself so jealous of playing it on Brackenspore compared to my Lock. I want to buy Fel Fall the Warlock version of Starfall, let it replace Cataclsym, and just rain falling orbs of Fel goodies, so I can run around and just dot stuff up then pop it and flex at my Skada meter about how "skilled" I am. But seriously I don't mind the current Affliction honestly, but I wish there was more then Soul Burn Haunt to make me "feel" like a dot class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

So with the Haste changes, does it overtake Mastery?

Deleted
    Mastery was already behind (or at least when simming my own char), but the point of Mastery is that its solid across all three specs. Going for mastery means you can switch spec depending on the boss.

One thing i have noticed Affliction is great for on Brack mythic. If you are the flame thrower, keeping your dots on the Flesh eater as well boss is good damage, If you aren't doing that then it just depends on your raid comp. Mainly for Brack though Destro would be ideal havoc is win for spore shooters.

Why isn't there a guide for specific heroic talents?

SB: Haunt on Twin ogron and brack and butcher, but not Kargath? What is going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    Why isn't there a guide for specific heroic talents?

SB: Haunt on Twin ogron and brack and butcher, but not Kargath? What is going on.
    Because heroic isn't really relevant content. You can pretty much use any talent setups you want and it won't make much of a difference to whether or not you succeed. The fight lengths vary greatly and having 10 players is going to change your setup a lot vs. having 30 players. Etc.

Deleted
    Does the haste change make much difference for affliction?

Quote Originally Posted by Saxtirical View Post
    Does the haste change make much difference for affliction?
    You do a bit more dps.

Deleted
    The trinket "bis" list is incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by shaxeey View Post
    The trinket "bis" list is incorrect
    That's constructive.

Deleted
    Anyone who can specify for me, when SB: Haunt is better than Demonic Servitude, and what grimmore/pet to use with SB: Haunt.

Deleted
    SB: Haunt is pretty much better on every right if you are 670ilvl or higher. If less then use it for tectus, twin ogron and maybe brackenspore.

It seems to be very confusing for a lot of newer affli players when to pick what level 100 talent so I'll just type down some general rules of when to pick SB:Haunt:

1. If there is some way to generate shards from dying adds to make you guarantee a 100% uptime (Brackenspore, Butcher, Ko'ragh).
    2. If the fight is around 4 minutes or shorter (Butcher). On very short fights (1-2 mins) it's even a dps loss to pick demonic servitude over nothing due to the DG CD being gone.
    3. If there are consistent multiple targets that will benefit from the buff (Brackenspore, Twin Ogron).

This is with mainly mythic in mind.
    Ilvl shouldn't matter if you play properly as long as you are not extremely undergeared for mythic I.E. 640 or less or you have a low amount of raid dps making your kills very close to enrage on the longer fights. First week Twin Ogron was close to 7 mins which made Demonic Servitude a fine choice for example.

You can probably go more in depth on this but this should be the general basic rules. Demonic Servitude is generally better for progression than farm as fights tend to shorten down a lot on farm. If you still have 6+ Twin Ogron kills, 8-9 min+ Brackenspore kills then servitude should be completely fine. Also, read the "Specific Boss Encounter Tips (Mythic)" in the guide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    It seems to be very confusing for a lot of newer affli players when to pick what level 100 talent so I'll just type down some general rules of when to pick SB:Haunt:

1. If there is some way to generate shards from dying adds to make you guarantee a 100% uptime (Brackenspore, Butcher, Ko'ragh).
    2. If the fight is around 4 minutes or shorter (Butcher). On very short fights (1-2 mins) it's even a dps loss to pick demonic servitude over nothing due to the DG CD being gone.
    3. If there are consistent multiple targets that will benefit from the buff (Brackenspore, Twin Ogron).

This is with mainly mythic in mind.
    Ilvl shouldn't matter if you play properly as long as you are not extremely undergeared for mythic I.E. 640 or less or you have a low amount of raid dps making your kills very close to enrage on the longer fights. First week Twin Ogron was close to 7 mins which made Demonic Servitude a fine choice for example.

You can probably go more in depth on this but this should be the general basic rules. Demonic Servitude is generally better for progression than farm as fights tend to shorten down a lot on farm. If you still have 6+ Twin Ogron kills, 8-9 min+ Brackenspore kills then servitude should be completely fine. Also, read the "Specific Boss Encounter Tips (Mythic)" in the guide.
    Actually its better on every fight once you are 670 (imperator its kinda both ways), cataclysm can be better on tectus if u kill both shards.