10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulto View Post
    I have no idea where this idea comes from, but the OP seems very attached to it.
    Really?

Q: How do I DEMONBOLT!?
    A: It's fairly cut and dry at this point with Demonbolt. As of 6.1 there is not a definitive answer of if 2 Demonbolts or 4 Demonbolts is better as it's very based on the situation.
    Guess that clears that up. I suppose I am wrong to suggest it has been entirely debunked.

Demonbolt 2 or 4?

I thought the math supports that past 2 demonbolts it is not an efficient usage of fury independent of time. In practice, you still go to 4 because you can dump all of your fury in roughly a quarter of the time and that is worth more than the loss of fury efficiency. The added benefit is that you spend more time in caster form casting soul fire instead of shadowbolt. Shadowbolt sucks balls.

The way I would look at it is your fury bar is worth X amount of damage. When you use demonbolt you squeeze that damage into a smaller timeframe which then allows you to go back and build more fury which turns into more damage over time. If you spend your fury on soulfires or touches, it may do the exact same amount of damage but it would take much longer.

Would be interesting to break it down in that fashion actually. How much damage does 800 fury do with Demonbolt only, 2 demonbolt/ToC bleed, and traditional MC stack bleed?

- - - Updated - - -

So just napkin math, this is with zero haste, crit, etc. I am just looking at the base spell power numbers and how long it takes to dump 800 fury. Just to see if it is interesting enough to do a more in depth calculation with buffs and stats.

4 Demonbolts
    Dump Time: 8 seconds
    Total Damage: 1237 Spell Power
    Total DPS: 155 Spell Power/sec

2 Demonbolts rest Touch of Chaos
    Dump Time: 18 seconds
    Total Damage: 1464 Spell Power
    Total DPS: 81 Spell Power/sec

All Soulfire (10 casts)
    Dump Time: 20 seconds
    Total Damage: 1224 Spell Power (816 Spell Power base, but always crits so *1.5)
    Total DPS: 61 Spell Power/sec

Half Soulfire Half ToC
    Total Damage: 1284
    Total DPS: 64 Spell Power

So you can see right off the bat that yes, spending your fury on things other than demonbolt will yield the best total damage done per fury, but you do less damage over time because of how long it takes to dump that fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Total Damage: 1224 Spell Power (816 Spell Power base, but always crits so *1.5)
    Crits are, and have been since 5.0, double damage baseline.

I was thinking in terms of PvP in my mind, you are correct that crits are 200% in PvE, but they are 150% in PvP. Change the numbers a little bit but the point is still the same....

4 Demonbolts

All Soulfire (10 casts)
    Total Damage: 1632 Spell Power (816 Spell Power base, but always crits so *2.0)
    Total DPS: 82 Spell Power/sec

Half Soulfire Half ToC
    Total Damage: 1488
    Total DPS: 74 Spell Power

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    I was thinking in terms of PvP in my mind, you are correct that crits are 200% in PvE, but they are 150% in PvP. Change the numbers a little bit but the point is still the same....

4 Demonbolts

All Soulfire (10 casts)
    Total Damage: 1632 Spell Power (816 Spell Power base, but always crits so *2.0)
    Total DPS: 82 Spell Power/sec

Half Soulfire Half ToC
    Total Damage: 1488
    Total DPS: 74 Spell Power
    You may want to check the spreadsheet I posted a few pages ago but yeah this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Guess that clears that up. I suppose I am wrong to suggest it has been entirely debunked.
    Demonbolt can be used in many different ways. I wouldn't say there is overbearingly one way to go about it or not. You can do similar DPS with a 2 Demonbolt rotation vs a 4 Demonbolt rotation and wouldn't be punished if you could only do 2 and had to fill Dark Soul with another spell in Meta.

If you can get 4 Demonbolts off in a row, sure it's awesome but if not it's not the end of the world either.

I'm not attached to one or the other and the guide isn't saying to do one or the other definitively, there are situations where 4 Demonbolts will definitely be better under all the most ideal conditions. But to say that there isn't any other way to play Demonbolt isn't right either.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    But to say that there isn't any other way to play Demonbolt isn't right either.
    A strange talent. The only winning move is not to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toastiekins View Post
    A strange talent. The only winning move is not to play.
    war(lock) games!

Something that I've never been sure of is whether to consume all my stacks of MC continuously while in meta phase, ignoring DoT application of corruption and HoG. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Valthurak View Post
    Something that I've never been sure of is whether to consume all my stacks of MC continuously while in meta phase, ignoring DoT application of corruption and HoG. Any help?
    Weave touch of chaos between soul fires to keep corruption up.

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    I disagree, not using the Felguard doesn't make me feel like I'm playing Demo :<
    That doesn't make the entire spec different, it makes one mostly cosmetic change.

Can someone clear up Chaos Wave? I always do 2 stacks of Hand of Guldan, and have never used Chaos Wave really.

Can someone tell me when Chaos Wave is worth more damage? I'm getting the impression when Dark Soul is up?

Lastly, when you have your 4 set do you do 2 stacks of hand of guldan and 1 chaos wave, or try to use all 3 stacks to keep HoG going for longer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    That doesn't make the entire spec different, it makes one mostly cosmetic change.
    The loss of Felstorm isn't cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    I was considering going Demonbolt for Mythic Kromog for pillar damage. Anyone try this post 6.1?
    I did. Although the damage is there, you can damage one, max two of the pillars seriously. After this you are stuck to caster hitting like a pussy cat. I played destro CR/GoSac after all. The damage in pillars was good.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Demonbolt can be used in many different ways. I wouldn't say there is overbearingly one way to go about it or not. You can do similar DPS with a 2 Demonbolt rotation vs a 4 Demonbolt rotation and wouldn't be punished if you could only do 2 and had to fill Dark Soul with another spell in Meta.

If you can get 4 Demonbolts off in a row, sure it's awesome but if not it's not the end of the world either.

I'm not attached to one or the other and the guide isn't saying to do one or the other definitively, there are situations where 4 Demonbolts will definitely be better under all the most ideal conditions. But to say that there isn't any other way to play Demonbolt isn't right either.
    If you cast 2 demonbolt for each cycle you only spend 240 fury instead on 800.
    Why on earth would you take a talent and not use it ?
    It is like if I spec Demonic Servitude and only summon my Doomguard when the boss is under 20% because it will do more damage then.
    Have you even bothered reading the lateste pages of the thread ?

Deleted
    As CW always generates an MC proc, it is not a good idea to use it during the burn phase? I presumed that it meant you could enter the burn phase with 6 or 7 MC stacks and guarantee 2 being generated? It also means you can use more spare stacks in caster form to generate fury.
    Correct me if this isn't a good idea.

Deleted
    It is like if I spec Demonic Servitude and only summon my Doomguard when the boss is under 20% because it will do more damage then.
    That's completely irrelevant. Let me explain:

Simple math dictates that it isn't much of a dps gain to use 4 demonbolts in a row instead of 2, if any. This is because, if you read the talent, the demonic fury cost increases considerably every cast. The damage not so much. Therefore, the higher the stacks, the less damage per fury you do. The first demonbolt is always the most efficient for fury/damage ratio. Since the nerf the 3rd and 4th casts have become less efficient.

Sure I have been. If you're going to go with a 2 Demonbolt cycle you don't take DS glyph so there is a lot more room for spending Fury overall on a number of different spells also simply giving you more movement ability than a standard 4 Demonbolt cycle.

Each way will work but in different ways.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=3
    Would anyone mind taking a look at this log to see why my single target DPS was absolute shit on this Gruul kill?

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone checked the Crafting trinket 4/4 in sims and see how good it is?