Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Destruction is amazing on primals to be fair, as well as bellows first 50%.
    Never said it wasn't (Haven't pulled Mythic BF yet) but Havoc in that specific situation seemed like a strange piece of advice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Never said it wasn't (Haven't pulled Mythic BF yet) but Havoc in that specific situation seemed like a strange piece of advice
    Ah right, yeah. I used it for embers a couple of pulls, but FnB immolate means you can almost just spam Chaos Bolt for 20s most of the time ^^

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neevs View Post
    Hm been wondering alot lately,if it's worth when you've got the 4 set, to cancle a shadow bolt to get prolong the HoG debuff because it have proced..
    I've allways gone by it's pretty much never worth to cancle a current spell as it'll be a bigger DPS loss
    what do you guys think ?
    Yes. It definitely is worth while, especially to keep a 2 stack rolling. Shadow Bolt is your lowest DPET spell.

As a new Demo warlock, i was hoping to get a few answers/pointers towards getting my rotations running properly.

For the purposes of this post, lets assume a pure patchwerk fight with no adds/movement/burst phases/etc.

After i do the starting rotation, i end up with corr/doom on target, 1 DS charge and 300ish (or 1000, if we had combat pre-boss) fury. Usually i have 2-3 MC procs by this point, so of couse i use them in demonic form, but then if i get no additional procs result is me sitting on 800 fury with no MC procs. At this point, do i swap back to caster form and risk capping fury, or do i "waste" some of it on ToC? This question also doubles for post-opener situations with high fury and no MC procs.

Second question, is it worth it always saving up 1 DS charge for double guldan, or can i use them for some fury burn if that means i will not have it available for next HG double stack?

Third question, guide mentions going into demonic form for any proc except haste. So lets say i get a good proc at medium/high fury with no MC procs available (for whatever reason). Should i still go demonic and burn some fury on ToC (and hope for lucky MC) during this proc, or should i just ignore it and save demon primarily for MC?

Cheers in advance!
    We dream, we dream.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    After i do the starting rotation, i end up with corr/doom on target, 1 DS charge and 300ish (or 1000, if we had combat pre-boss) fury. Usually i have 2-3 MC procs by this point, so of couse i use them in demonic form, but then if i get no additional procs result is me sitting on 800 fury with no MC procs. At this point, do i swap back to caster form and risk capping fury, or do i "waste" some of it on ToC? This question also doubles for post-opener situations with high fury and no MC procs.
    Yes, you ToC to avoid capping situations when MC stacks aren't available or could be better saved for procs/cds.

Second question, is it worth it always saving up 1 DS charge for double guldan, or can i use them for some fury burn if that means i will not have it available for next HG double stack?
    If you can line up 2 stack rolling hog with DS that of course will be more beneficial then having none rolling while you are consuming fury in meta. You obviously don't want to delay DS too much however.

Third question, guide mentions going into demonic form for any proc except haste. So lets say i get a good proc at medium/high fury with no MC procs available (for whatever reason). Should i still go demonic and burn some fury on ToC (and hope for lucky MC) during this proc, or should i just ignore it and save demon primarily for MC?
    Under most conditions yes, depending on the proc, ie. crit/ms trinket. and if you will stay have enough fury stored for your forthcoming dump.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    Yes, you ToC to avoid capping situations when MC stacks aren't available or could be better saved for procs/cds.

If you can line up 2 stack rolling hog with DS that of course will be more beneficial then having none rolling while you are consuming fury in meta. You obviously don't want to delay DS too much however.

Under most conditions yes, depending on the proc, ie. crit/ms trinket. and if you will stay have enough fury stored for your forthcoming dump.

Thank you That clears a few things up, ill let you know if i develop more questions later
    We dream, we dream.

Is it worth using Imp Swarm at all anymore, such as on a shorter fight (~4-5 mins)? Looking at armories looks like no one is using it at all anymore, sorry if this is old news.

Also while using goserv/dserv, after the opener should I go right into my 2nd DS at around 800 fury or wait for procs (while preventing fury capping) then pop it? Just wondering if anyone actually waits or just goes right into each DS when it's up with enough fury.

Since the patch and nerf to DB, most have clearly switched to GoServ/DServ for single target fights. I was looking through world logs today to compare myself to other locks and i noticed that most of them were still using DB as tier 7 talent with 47-50% uptime. This was for Heroic Gruul which is pure single target. I am curious to try the 2x DB and 4x DB rotations on Gruul just to see why they chose that spec even after the nerf. Does anyone else still use the DB spec? If so, what fights and do you cast 2x or 4x DB? I however suspect in the case where any real movement comes into play, Oregorger, that GoServ/DServ will be better as the downtime to cast DB would be an overall dps lost.

I am still having problems adjusting to this new (which seems as pretty straightforward) single target build with Demonic Servitude+Grimoire of Service.
    1. I macroed Shards of Nothing+DS+GService and using it on every CD
    2. I am using Soulfire in meta only
    3. I am keeping 2 stacks of HoG as much as humanly possible
    4. I am not letting my fury cap by dumping excess fury into ToC when i don't have MC procs
    5. My Doom and Corruption are up on the boss all the time.
    And after following all these steps, my dps is extremely low. While having 4set and 684 iLvL (pre-ilvl buff)
    Am I forgetting something or what is going on? I will have some logs tonight hopefully from mythic Oregorger to back this up.

What is extremely low dps to you? Best thing to do is compare your uptimes and damage percentiles against other locks via logs. If you have another lock in group, compare damage % on the boss versus boxes. From the top level view, you're general priority seems fine but the underlying math won't lie . Also procs and DS timing with meta + MC procs is huge which you lack to state whether you line those up.

Hard to tell without logs Vladimir but as Restitution says the best way is to compare to other similar geared locks. The things that you didn't say you were doing are using DS with other procs, using ToC/SF with procs when you need to bleed fury and saving 8+ SF and 800+ fury for DS burn phases (perhaps you need a bit more fury with Shards though).

Thanks, I will have to work better on comparing logs, but main issue so far is that after couple of wipes, I give up on DSer/GrimServ and go back to affl or demonbolt and then we kill the boss so i don't have any logs with DServ/GrimServ on actual kills. Will stick to it tonight tho on Oregorger for sure. Will post logs after raid tonight (couple heads think better than one)

Deleted
    Hello,

Long time reader, first time posting here.

Im wondering if someone could help me?

I have been told that I should be doing alot more damage for my ilvl, so if someone could check what I would be doing wrong, would help me a great deal.

Here is a log from last night: warcraftlogs.com/reports/MTH6tnQFhfvkwzLV#fight=8

And my armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/Deathnova/simple

This was before ilvl buff also.

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    I am still having problems adjusting to this new (which seems as pretty straightforward) single target build with Demonic Servitude+Grimoire of Service.
    1. I macroed Shards of Nothing+DS+GService and using it on every CD
    2. I am using Soulfire in meta only
    3. I am keeping 2 stacks of HoG as much as humanly possible
    4. I am not letting my fury cap by dumping excess fury into ToC when i don't have MC procs
    5. My Doom and Corruption are up on the boss all the time.
    And after following all these steps, my dps is extremely low. While having 4set and 684 iLvL (pre-ilvl buff)
    Am I forgetting something or what is going on? I will have some logs tonight hopefully from mythic Oregorger to back this up.
    1. this macro sucks, you are wasting a global of CDs doing this, you want to use service and then use your CDs for the next cast or at least within 5 seconds after you used it. The first cast of the dg takes about 2 seconds to go off and you still have 5 seconds of breathing room to play around with without losing any uptime on DS during GoServ. Sometimes I use my Serv right when it comes off CD, but wait a few seconds to build up a bit more fury or to fish for procs before popping DS and going all in on the burn.
    2. Save your soul fires for Meta and with procs/CDs, if you have no procs and are about to cap fury, rather use ToC (unless you are at 9+ stacks), also make sure you are as close to 0 MC stacks as possible when u reach 25%.

It is very likely you are doing something else incorrectly too if you find your dps to be "extremely low" as these are just minor details but I can't know without any logs.
    Last edited by Tramzh; 2015-03-19 at 05:16 PM.

Deleted
    i find my dps low too :/

warcraftlogs.com/reports/rBVfgPDCpk1bWThy#fight=20&type=damage-done&source=7

is it normal ? or i'm doing something wrong ? (i know for the not perfect uptime of doom/corru)

Quote Originally Posted by Deathnova View Post
    Hello,

Long time reader, first time posting here.

Im wondering if someone could help me?

I have been told that I should be doing alot more damage for my ilvl, so if someone could check what I would be doing wrong, would help me a great deal.

Here is a log from last night: warcraftlogs.com/reports/MTH6tnQFhfvkwzLV#fight=8

And my armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/Deathnova/simple

This was before ilvl buff also.
    Just from a quick look, doom uptime can be a bit higher 98%+ is what you should shoot for. However that minor % won't make up massive dps. Everything else looked ok, my guess would be not timing MC's fully with Meta+ trink procs/DS as much as possible. Plus, you don't have 4pc even with a high ilvl so that can be a bit misleading to folks that just see a number and don't know what makes up that number

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Destruction is amazing on primals to be fair, as well as bellows first 50%.
    Are you playing destruction on it currently? We killed Maidens yesterday and gonna start progressing today. I see both specs being good on that fight tbh. If you're playing destro, are you using the DS Glyph?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psn1993 View Post
    Are you playing destruction on it currently? We killed Maidens yesterday and gonna start progressing today. I see both specs being good on that fight tbh. If you're playing destro, are you using the DS Glyph?
    No, I use DS on pull (first Bellows), Doomguard on second bellows when lust is up, DS on third bellows, then DS is up once for each Primal, but you have some small wiggle room.

Demonology can out damage on primals, but I felt Destruction was more consistent.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry if this is spamming the wrong thread but it's where the conversation started...

Just killed it as Destro (post ilvl nerf zz)

Topped damage on pretty much every important add (second on Primals to a Fury Warrior) and top 3 on everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    You shouldn't except on the rare pulls where you are really unlucky with procs.
    The issue is on Maidens during the bombs phase I don't have enough haste to get a shadow bolt off. It's either cast a soul fire in caster, ToC in meta, or refresh Corruption (which is fine once but refreshing it after on 5 seconds is silly). this is if I use CW over HoG. If I use HoG I have all the fury in the world but is that a damage increase over CW on 2 targets (I'll definitely use CW on all 3).

I'm not sure why people continue to think that the number of targets changes which of HoG or CW is better.

It doesn't. So long as HoG will be able to run its full course and will hit all targets with both stacks, which of the two is better depends only on your temporary buffs.

The math is very simple. Unbuffed:
    HoG stack 1 does 132% + 129.6%.
    HoG stack 2 does 132% + 2*129.6%.
    CW does 200% + meta mastery bonus (x1.54 for a well-geared warlock).
    (Both are technically also multiplied by the caster-form mastery bonus, but as both get it you can divide it off for simplicity.)

HoG totals 652.8% spellpower. CW totals 616% spellpower. If you hit two targets with both, HoG totals 1305.6%, CW 1232%. If you hit three targets, HoG totals 1958.4%, CW 1848%.

Notice how the relationship between the numbers doesn't change because you're multiplying them. That's how math works. Very simply, even if you're capping fury, HoG appropriately two-stacked will do more damage than CW when you have no temporary buffs active.